PDA

View Full Version : A Twofer

Gray01
03-28-2019, 06:06 PM
One of these cats is no longer a problem, and even better, the burden of proof shifts to the state.

https://fox8.com/2019/03/26/murder-charges-dropped-against-man-because-of-change-in-ohios-self-defense-laws/?fbclid=IwAR2Ab0jSzAYvUnEIgRiH8VAkTffgJGwdvgOQQHlx wXDl12sKDLGZbTJt9MI

the Schwartz
03-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Which is as it should be. We, in Ohio, finally join the other 49 states in addressing the correct burden of proof in such cases.

Alpha Sierra
03-28-2019, 06:54 PM
Which is as it should be. We, in Ohio, finally join the other 49 states in addressing the correct burden of proof in such cases.

I've been waiting for this law since 2004. The last bit left to undo is the duty to attempt to retreat when in public places before using deadly force. Not because we're itching for a fight but because it's YET another burden one has to think about in the pressure of the moment and because it's yet one more fuck you that hostile DAs love to use against those who exercise their ultimate right to defend their lives. And then it's on to Constutional Carry.

BTW I'm not surprised AT ALL that bullshit case happened in Cuyahoga county (Cleveland and surrounding areas). Motherfucker DA thought he was going to railroad a guy who did what had to be done. LOL joke's on him.

You'd never hear of that crap in places like Miami, Guernsey, Gallia, Van Wert, Butler, or Ashtabula counties.

Gray01
03-28-2019, 07:05 PM
You'd never hear of that crap in places like Miami, Guernsey, Gallia, Van Wert, Butler, or Ashtabula counties.

I have only ever spent one night in Ohio, in an RV in Muskingum County, Ohio (Zanesville). It seemed to be quite bucolic.

Stephanie B
03-28-2019, 07:07 PM
Cuyahoga County probably has (or had) the nation’s least-observed gun registration law.

Damn the iPhone Typos!

Alpha Sierra
03-28-2019, 07:19 PM
Cuyahoga County probably has (or had) the nation’s least-observed gun registration law.

Damn the iPhone Typos!

Which has been invalid for several years now due to pre-emption.

Stephanie B
03-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Good news. I think everyone I knew who lived there, with one exception, ignored that law,

Gray01
03-29-2019, 02:48 PM

More on the changes:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/hb-228-what-new-ohio-gun-laws-mean-you

Alpha Sierra
03-29-2019, 03:16 PM
More on the changes:

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/hb-228-what-new-ohio-gun-laws-mean-you

The Buckeye Firearms Association, unlike the NRA and its state affiliate, has been shockingly effective at dismantling the anti-gun framework that used to permeate this state when I moved here 15 years ago.

Gray01
03-29-2019, 03:47 PM
The Buckeye Firearms Association, unlike the NRA and its state affiliate, has been shockingly effective at dismantling the anti-gun framework that used to permeate this state when I moved here 15 years ago.

Robert Conquest was correct; his three laws are almost always in play:

1. Everyone is conservative about what he knows best.

2. Any organization not explicitly right-wing sooner or later becomes left-wing.

3. The simplest way to explain the behavior of any bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is controlled by a cabal of its enemies (the enemies of the stated purpose of that bureaucracy).