PDA

View Full Version : Reinstallation of removed sights (Trijicon 3-dot/XS big dots.)

Mitchell, Esq.
03-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I had my Trijicon night sights & big dots removed to be replaced with HD sights.

The gun store told me that I can't reuse them or reinstall them on another gun because they are "friction fit".

Is the guy full of it, or do I just throw the sights away now that they aren't on the gun anymore?

orionz06
03-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Never heard such a thing nor have I had issues doing so with my guns. I think a good example of this would be Rob_S or Todd, both have gone back and forth a bit without issues.

Now the Big Dots... One could make a case for them to be thrown away. :p

Mitchell, Esq.
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Now the Big Dots... One could make a case for them to be thrown away. :p

Don't be hatin the Dots...

JV_
03-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Is the guy full of it, or do I just throw the sights away now that they aren't on the gun anymore?I reuse sights all the time, I have have a few sets that have been on half a dozen different guns.

JHC
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Same here. And take one of those XS Big Dots and match it up with a Warren rear just for grins. Treat the BD like a post using 12:00 on the BD as POA. I mean try this for precision like on a 3x5 at 15 yards. See what you think. Just for grins. ;)

I'd be more suspicious if the gun store clerk insisted you leave them with him so he could safely dispose of the tritium. Keep em swap 'em trade'em. Like me, collect them all. ;)

Mitchell, Esq.
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Same here. And take one of those XS Big Dots and match it up with a Warren rear just for grins. Treat the BD like a post using 12:00 on the BD as POA. I mean try this for precision like on a 3x5 at 15 yards. See what you think. Just for grins. ;)

I'd be more suspicious if the gun store clerk insisted you leave them with him so he could safely dispose of the tritium. Keep em swap 'em trade'em. Like me, collect them all. ;)

Ameriglo I-Dot rear with the U notch and the yellow tritium.

BTDT hit the 3x5.

I liked it a lot, but do not trust "Home Brewed" solutions for things like shooting, and do not have easy access to a range longer than 50 feet for really testing the combo for longer distance to see if it really worked, I took them off and I went Trijicon HD under the theory that someone else had worked out the math who was a hell of a lot better than I am at this stuff.