PDA

View Full Version : Perfect example of someone in over their head

JodyH
03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
This young lady learned that some strangers don't engage in verbal arguments.
I see this from a LOT of women, they are willing to get loud with strange men over petty crap because they don't think the man will escalate because "men don't hit girls".
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1bc_1331685445

JDM
03-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Over her head is right. She even allowed him to place her in most of a head lock.

I'd bet a dollar she was drunk, and used to getting away with being unnecessarily aggressive with strangers.

orionz06
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Not all lessons are learned the easy way.

JodyH
03-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Show this video to your mother, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
Tell them that opening their mouth at the wrong time can get them hurt or killed.
Also tell them that opening their mouth at the wrong time can get the man they're with hurt or killed.

Don't place bets you're not 100% sure you can cover... with cash to spare.

jmjames
03-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Reminds me of the opening scene of "Way of the Gun" (a "must watch" film, IMHO): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLXYu6plhg (NSFW - language, violence)

I've known a few ladies like this. I had one female friend that I basically had to stop hanging out with at bars (when I still went to 'em) because she nearly talked me into a couple of fights, and I wasn't even dating her. The final straw was when she nearly booked me into a 3-on-1 beating at the hands of some skinheads while I was trying to help her find her boyfriend who was also annoyed with her...

J.Ja

turbolag23
03-18-2012, 10:39 PM
damn, she should have just kept walking. my friends wife did something similar to that once, they were sitting in traffic somewhere when a group walking by threw a pop in their sunroof. she got out of the car and approached a group of drunk men. luckily my friend got her back in the car and drove off quickly before anything bad happened.

Lon
03-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Reminds me of the opening scene of "Way of the Gun" (a "must watch" film, IMHO): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLXYu6plhg (NSFW - language, violence)
J.Ja

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I love that movie.

Tamara
03-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Some staggering drunk gobs a lunger on me, I'm probably calling the heat. I'll stick around and watch and see if he wants to spit on Johnny Law, too, because that's usually pretty entertaining. "Tase him again! Tase him again! Hit him with your OC!"

I'm not tangling with him though, because not even in Texas is "He spit on me, so I shot him full of holes" going to look good in court.

MDS
03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm not tangling with him though, because not even in Texas is "He spit on me, so I shot him full of holes" going to look good in court.

Ahh, the internet. Took 2 minutes to google this: http://downtownseattle.komonews.com/content/prosecutors-metro-stop-shooting-was-self-defense

But Salters continued on - getting so close as to spit on Brereton.

Brereton fired her gun once, hitting Salters in the chest.

Just goes to show, it's all about context, and the details matter.

Tamara
03-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Ahh, the internet...

...the place where a guy walking past you and spitting on you and staggering off on his way and then you turn around and chase him down, initiating a verbal confrontation, and a guy bumping into you, verbally abusing you, following you and your kids, and then advancing on a drawn gun are somehow the same thing because the word "spit" was involved in both stories. ;)

(Incidentally, points off for the guy in the second story. If he'd read the internet, he'd know he was supposed to flee at the sight of a drawn gun because criminals are big scaredy-cats looking for easy targets, and he'd still be alive.)

deejai
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
"men don't hit girls"

Not when there's alcohol involved, then anything goes. Lots of correlation between wife beaters and alcoholism.

David Armstrong
03-19-2012, 11:01 AM
...the place where a guy walking past you and spitting on you and staggering off on his way and then you turn around and chase him down, initiating a verbal confrontation, and a guy bumping into you, verbally abusing you, following you and your kids, and then advancing on a drawn gun are somehow the same thing because the word "spit" was involved in both stories. ;)

(Incidentally, points off for the guy in the second story. If he'd read the internet, he'd know he was supposed to flee at the sight of a drawn gun because criminals are big scaredy-cats looking for easy targets, and he'd still be alive.)
Depends on what part of the internet you are reading. According to part of it all criminals are some super-bad guys who not only are not afraid of getting shot, but they will actively continue their assault even after being shot multiple times if they think the caliber of the gun is too small.:D

Tamara
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Depends on what part of the internet you are reading. According to part of it all criminals are some super-bad guys who not only are not afraid of getting shot, but they will actively continue their assault even after being shot multiple times if they think the caliber of the gun is too small.:D
No, those are both from the same part of the internet.

Al T.
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Mas Ayoob postulated years ago that criminals may be much more likely to advance on a drawn gun held by a lady than a man. Something to do with macho testosterone poisoning.

In my opinion, that fits with my (thankfully) limited observations. When I'm teaching ladies, I point out that they may have to fire more so than guys.

David Armstrong
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
No, those are both from the same part of the internet.
Well put!

Shellback
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Pick a fight with a man you better be willing and able to fight him. There's a lot of women who don't seem to realize that their equal rights extend much further than their cabernet fueled diatribe about their paycheck.

bbqbologna
03-19-2012, 03:16 PM
The guy (w/ the blacked out face) walking ahead of the 2 women may have gotten lucky. Notice, how after punching the wall at the beginning of the video, the attacker appears to lock on to the man and stumble towards him, only to veer off at the last second. Wish we could see his face, to see if he said anything to the attacker.

Also have to wonder if the guy with the phone was associated with the attacker.

Shellback
03-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Another example of why women shouldn't argue with men they don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx0-dN3giY0

David Armstrong
03-19-2012, 03:38 PM
FWIW, my personal view is that linejumping or cutting in line should be considered a justification for the use of deadly force.:mad:

Mitchell, Esq.
03-19-2012, 04:08 PM
FWIW, my personal view is that linejumping or cutting in line should be considered a justification for the use of deadly force.:mad:

And taking a parking space someone else just shoveled out.

Tamara
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Another example of why women shouldn't argue with men they don't know.

Allow me to expand that: Here's another example of why people shouldn't allow themselves to get sucked into drama created by crazy people over stupid pointless crap, whether they are Setters or Pointers.

Playing jury roulette with no better defense than "I had to get all up in his his face because he dissed me in the line at Mickey D's!" is a losing proposition.

Shellback
03-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Allow me to expand that: Here's another example of why people shouldn't allow themselves to get sucked into drama created by crazy people over stupid pointless crap, whether they are Setters or Pointers.

True. I should've said another good example of why you don't argue about stupid $h*+ with strangers.

JHC
03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
It's a pathetic illustration of a culture in decay (that wasn't in the US was it?). She sticks up for her friend because the only male present sure wouldn't. Not even after he smashes her with an elbow. But definitely someone in over their head.

RoyGBiv
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
It's a pathetic illustration of a culture in decay (that wasn't in the US was it?). She sticks up for her friend because the only male present sure wouldn't. Not even after he smashes her with an elbow. But definitely someone in over their head.
Some random drunk makes a derogatory comment to two passing women and you expect a stranger to stick up for them?
What rule of engagement would that be following?

Nasty drunks should be ignored. Like a child throwing a tantrum, engagement is what they want, why give it to them?
The drunks words hurt nothing but the feelings of children.

Then the women go back and engage the drunk and get hurt for doing something they should have not done, and you expect the stranger to come to their rescue? Really? Three people making two wrongs does not equal making a passerby responsible for the outcome.

If the drunk struck out at the two ladies on the first pass, before the ladies returned to engage, I can see feeling some social responsibility for "protecting innocent people from harm". But once they chose to return and engage, responsibility for their safety was entirely their own. IMO, YMMV.

JHC
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Some random drunk makes a derogatory comment to two passing women and you expect a stranger to stick up for them?
What rule of engagement would that be following?

Nasty drunks should be ignored. Like a child throwing a tantrum, engagement is what they want, why give it to them?
The drunks words hurt nothing but the feelings of children.

Then the women go back and engage the drunk and get hurt for doing something they should have not done, and you expect the stranger to come to their rescue? Really? Three people making two wrongs does not equal making a passerby responsible for the outcome.

If the drunk struck out at the two ladies on the first pass, before the ladies returned to engage, I can see feeling some social responsibility for "protecting innocent people from harm". But once they chose to return and engage, responsibility for their safety was entirely their own. IMO, YMMV.

"The past is another country. They do things differently there." He spit on one. Ask your dad or grandfather how that would have gone down on the streets of Anytown, USA in 1940, or '50, or '60. Don't bother with the tactical legal exposure argument with me. I've been through that six ways til Sunday for decades.

In fact, it wouldn't go uncontested on the streets in my town today. That guy was going to jail right then.

She was in over her head on so many levels.

RoyGBiv
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
He spit on one.
I didn't catch that.... Looking again.. certainly could have been spitting...
She didn't look "hit" so, hard to tell if that was spitting or blowing a kiss or something else. (probably spitting)

Back in your dad's day a guy would get a public service award and free beers at the local pub for bashing that drunk's skull off the pavement. Today you get thrown in jail, sued for all you've got, and you get to watch your kids grow up from behind a glass window once a month.

What's the fix for that and can we have it fixed in our lifetimes?

Al T.
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Then the women go back and engage the drunk and get hurt for doing something they should have not done, and you expect the stranger to come to their rescue? Really?

Roy, even with out the spitting, I agree with you intellectually. Emotionally, anybody who strikes a lady or kid around me may have some rolling around in their future. But then again, I'm a very redneck sort of guy. :eek:

RoyGBiv
03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Roy, even with out the spitting, I agree with you intellectually. Emotionally, anybody who strikes a lady or kid around me may have some rolling around in their future. But then again, I'm a very redneck sort of guy. :eek:

I find that emotional side of me to be in check since I started carrying a gun. Too much to lose for people who chose to go back for the fight they could have walked sway from.

I certainly understand wanting to give the fool a lesson. But, in that battle of wits I'd be the only one armed. :D

JodyH
03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
The guy "one punched" her.
I would not have chased him down or got involved other than to be a good witness and render first aid to her.
If he had of followed the elbow up with some ground and pound I would have jumped right in the middle of it.

pdb
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM

Do NOT go to Italy. You would be very, very busy.

Long tom coffin
03-20-2012, 12:51 AM

I hear that. The little lady is first gen from sicilian immigrant parents, so we go there to visit her family every so often. Between people cutting in line or guys trying to grab her ass while they were in line behind her, I thought I was going to explode.

David Armstrong
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
I do not go to Italy. Back when I traveled over in that part of the world I even tried to get flights that did not have to lay over in Rome. :eek:

NEPAKevin
03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Chivalry and reality do not always work together the way one might like them to . Long before COPs made this scenario common, I have to admit to being surprised when I watched a LEO break up a guy beating on his GF and then his partner having to pry the woman the first officer.

Matt O
03-20-2012, 10:17 AM

In that case, I think it might be best if you avoided pretty much everywhere other than the US, Canada or Northern Europe. Our queuing standards aren't exactly status quo in most places around the world ;).

JHC
03-20-2012, 06:55 PM
I didn't catch that.... Looking again.. certainly could have been spitting...
She didn't look "hit" so, hard to tell if that was spitting or blowing a kiss or something else. (probably spitting)

Back in your dad's day a guy would get a public service award and free beers at the local pub for bashing that drunk's skull off the pavement. Today you get thrown in jail, sued for all you've got, and you get to watch your kids grow up from behind a glass window once a month.

What's the fix for that and can we have it fixed in our lifetimes?

Thanks Roy. I get your point. My throw back ways are pretty conventional wisdom around here. And the Law has backed up citizens for sticking up for their each other.

I dunno about your last question. Live in rural areas or in small towns in red states is the best I can offer there. But I can't give up. ;)

Closely related is the use of a vehicle's horn. Don't! I've preached to my funny little honey to STOP using as an extension of her Id for years and she finally learned when she got briefly pursued by a really nice pickup truck that did a Duke's of Hazard imitation and then turned back. I was riding shotgun and boy did I drive that point home. That part was kinda fun.

jmjames
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Closely related is the use of a vehicle's horn. Don't! I've preached to my funny little honey to STOP using as an extension of her Id for years and she finally learned when she got briefly pursued by a really nice pickup truck that did a Duke's of Hazard imitation and then turned back. I was riding shotgun and boy did I drive that point home. That part was kinda fun.

Honking horns at other cars is one of the quickest ways to making yourself a target for violence that I've ever found, especially in bad neighborhoods.

J.Ja

TGS
03-22-2012, 04:41 PM
"The past is another country. They do things differently there." He spit on one. Ask your dad or grandfather how that would have gone down on the streets of Anytown, USA in 1940, or '50, or '60.

Yeah, man. Can't say I'm getting into a fight with stranger "A" because he spit on a stranger "B"...

I would encourage you to remember that we're not in the 1950's, and women do not hold the same status in society that they did 60 years ago. That's not societal decay, that's called women's rights evolving and them becoming equals.

Just as you're not interested in hearing the tactical exposure legal stuff anymore, I'm sure that everyone here as had their fill of how we're lesser men than you, as well.

JHC
03-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, man. Can't say I'm getting into a fight with stranger "A" because he spit on a stranger "B"...

I would encourage you to remember that we're not in the 1950's, and women do not hold the same status in society that they did 60 years ago. That's not societal decay, that's called women's rights evolving and them becoming equals.

Just as you're not interested in hearing the tactical exposure legal stuff anymore, I'm sure that everyone here as had their fill of how we're lesser men than you, as well.

You got the wrong guy stud. I got called out on this early on the "line in the sand" thread and immediately made the point - perhaps to your point directly, it's a deeply personal decision etc etc etc. I wasn't trying to talk anybody out of anything. I stated my code. It's your position that works hard at telling the rest of of us we haven't lived half a century and have some saves under our belt. No where did I suggest starting a fight with this guy. I said this dude would be heading to jail. Which means law enforcement. Had little to do with a spit; had a lot to do with a elbow/forearm smash to a women's face.

I can comprehend things may be very different in New Jersey.

TGS
03-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Had little to do with a spit; had a lot to do with a elbow/forearm smash to a women's face.

Well, I guess the fact you specifically addressed spitting on the girls is one reason I might think it had something to do with spitting.

"The past is another country. They do things differently there." He spit on one. Ask your dad or grandfather how that would have gone down on the streets of Anytown, USA in 1940, or '50, or '60.

No where did I suggest starting a fight with this guy.

The guy was apparently very drunk, and already in an aggressive mindset. Getting involved in any way whatsoever would have a 99% chance of going to fisticuffs, whether I want it to or not. So, saying that you didn't suggest getting into a fight is pretty aloof, or naive. Or both.

This next one just makes me laugh:

I can comprehend things may be very different in New Jersey.

I just gotta put this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Ykyz4lPq0

pdb
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Ykyz4lPq0

Always relevant. Always.

Ed L
03-23-2012, 12:37 PM

(video of Jersey Shore Stupidity)

I suspect that anyone who did anything to the cast of that insipid show The Jersey Shore that in any way prevented them from reproducing would get an award from various scientific organizations that track problems with evolution and population shift, and possibly a medal from the Vatican. You might even have a parade held in your honor in NJ like WWII MOH winner Basilone, as Jersey Shore reflects the worst and stupidest of NJ and television in general. I mean, the way they have infected the media you can't avoid knowing who they are.

The above is of course all satire. I would hate to have this post taken seriously and brought up if I ever find myself in the unlikley situation of having to shoot one of them because they broke into my house in search of hair jell money.

texag
03-24-2012, 12:59 AM
The guy "one punched" her.
I would not have chased him down or got involved other than to be a good witness and render first aid to her.
If he had of followed the elbow up with some ground and pound I would have jumped right in the middle of it.

I've been the bystander in the first scenario. I was carrying and had just left my LE job. I could tell something wasn't going well as I walked past, so I kept the couple in my peripheral. Once the hit came I think the speed with which I turned around and headed that way made it so things didn't go further.

Domestic, she refused to call the cops. I'm very glad it panned out the way it did. I fear if I'd become physically involved it would've quickly been Texag and his dog vs Upstanding citizen and victim.