PDA

View Full Version : Quick WA state update

Totem Polar
03-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Two of the most onerous bills failed to receive a floor vote by cutoff deadline (today, 5pm) and are most likely dead for this year (per NRA_ILA)

SB5062/HB1068 (magazine restriction, 10round/15round respectively)

SB 5174 (greatly expanded the requirements for obtaining CCW; unspecified training, etc.)

Some other bills expanding ERPOs, and similar, along with the watered-down increase in prohibited areas (day care facilities) made it through and are still in play. But those first two were turds, so yay on that.

(Tom, I'm gonna try and stay out of your hair on this one)

TheNewbie
03-13-2019, 09:28 PM
Good news, happy for you guys up in WA. Good luck with the rest!

CZ Man
03-13-2019, 09:53 PM
Well thats some good news. After the mess of 1639, I've just about given up on the future of gun rights in WA. We live in interesting times in this state...

Totem Polar
03-13-2019, 11:19 PM
Well thats some good news. After the mess of 1639, I've just about given up on the future of gun rights in WA. We live in interesting times in this state...

Brother, I thought for sure that we were going to eat the mag restriction, at the least.

As an aside, Cecil Burch is coming to Spokane in July; you should snag a spot for that class too.
;)

CZ Man
03-14-2019, 12:17 AM
Brother, I thought for sure that we were going to eat the mag restriction, at the least.

As an aside, Cecil Burch is coming to Spokane in July; you should snag a spot for that class too.
;)

PM me the details on the class. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it work, but I can check.

Borderland
03-14-2019, 01:59 PM
That's good news.

Probably be getting that CPL shit sandwich in some initiative on the next ballot.

Living here ain't easy. Being old helps.

Drang
03-19-2019, 01:24 AM
GOAL Post 2019-10 (https://thecluemeter.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-new-goal-post-is-out-and-has.html)

As Joe Waldron (who produces the report I posted in my blog, linked above and in the "Incoming Gun Control Attempts for 2019" thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?34544-Incoming-Gun-Control-Attempts-for-2019&p=858366&viewfull=1#post858366)) always says it ain't over til it's over, and the grabbers have a new inspiration for grabbing, in Christchurch.

Also, a bill removing spring assisted knives from the list of prohibited items passed one chamber, and is in the other.

Bump stock "buy back" passed, so if anyone wants to pick up a few bucks...