PDA

View Full Version : P30SK V1 in 9mm First Impression

rdtompki
03-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Worked a few rounds with my new carry gun into our first outdoor steel challenge practice session of the year.

The recoil or lack thereof is amazing, less than I experience on my P2000. The dual recoil spring setup is said to help and while I've done nothing with the grip panels I really like the grips on the gun. FWIW I'm 73 and never pretended to be a gorilla.
It's a civilian defensive gun and for that purpose the trigger is workable, but I find it's heavier (and longer?) than my one stock P2000 and did I say I really like what Lazy Wolf Guns did to my other P2000? I'll probably look at least at some spring changes, but not until I've gone through at least 500-1000 rounds. Or perhaps a trip to Rick at LWG after he starts accepting the work I would want.
Being smaller it's a tad bit easier to carry than the P2000, the only reason being that with my shrinking backside I'm even more reliant on belt tension to hold things up; lighter is better.
Of course it functioned 100% with factory FMJ, some defensive rounds next time.
If I still lived in CA I'd carry with a flush mag just because I wouldn't want some snowflake calling 911 if they saw the gun printing, but I'm in Idaho. The recoil isn't a problem with the short mag, but I was definitely less accurate without that additional finger on the grip.

I'm fortunate that my competition gun is a 9mm 1911 with a 3 lb. trigger, so while I have to manage two different triggers, when I have the gun in my hand there is little doubt which software to load. And I've always preferred a hammer for reholstering even carrying at 4:00.

JAH 3rd
03-09-2019, 09:23 PM
I have a HK P2000 9mm and replaced the "elephant foot" base plate with the factory compact base plate. Did that to 6 magazines. I like the way they look and pistol function is unaffected. Did it on a whim.