PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to move the rear sight of a glock?

Mitchell, Esq.
03-16-2012, 11:03 AM
How much does it take to move the sight in the dovetail?

What kind of impact does it take from a fall to do it?

John Ralston
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
With factory sights, not much.

Mitchell, Esq.
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
With HD sights?

LittleLebowski
03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Takes a lot of force and directed force at that.

Mitchell, Esq.
03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks.

I was asking because everything was to the left at 15 yards today, bad enough that hitting a 5x8 index card wasn't happening, and I was hoping it wasn't the result of the pistol impacting the bathroom floor.

(It flopped in the holster as I was removing the pants to produce a MSNBC corespondent...)

I shot UMC 9mm, then shot 147 grain Ranger, BPLE & some 124+P HST...Everything was to the left today. Just a bad time.

Time for more dry fire and another range session next week.

JHC
03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks.

I was asking because everything was to the left at 15 yards today, bad enough that hitting a 5x8 index card wasn't happening, and I was hoping it wasn't the result of the pistol impacting the bathroom floor.

(It flopped in the holster as I was removing the pants to produce a MSNBC corespondent...)

I shot UMC 9mm, then shot 147 grain Ranger, BPLE & some 124+P HST...Everything was to the left today. Just a bad time.

Time for more dry fire and another range session next week.

Some sight to dovetail "instances" are tighter than others. I would treat that as the impact may well have shifted and confirm zero.

secondstoryguy
03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
First thing I would do is take a micrometer to it and see if it's centered out. Do you have a lot of time on the gun? Shooting slighly to the left with a Glock can be an issue with how one works the trigger.

JHC
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
First thing I would do is take a micrometer to it and see if it's centered out. Do you have a lot of time on the gun? Shooting slighly to the left with a Glock can be an issue with how one works the trigger.

If I found one of mine centered, I'd KNOW it had gotten knocked. :D

Mitchell, Esq.
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Yes, but mostly with WWB.

It's a laser when I'm dialed in...and I wasn't today.