PDA

View Full Version : No Drill of the Week?!

jthhapkido
03-16-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm going through withdrawal! I'm having to shoot my own drills for practice, instead of some frickin' @#*$&@%*& drill that a crazy person on crack thought up specifically to drive me nuts and make me feel like a complete and utter failure as a shooter.

Everything okay with the mods? Need helping thinking up new drills? I've got one!

Position: Gun in both hands, low ready position
Distance: 5 yards
Target: 8.5x11 blank paper
PAR time: 20 seconds
Procedure:
1) On audible start signal, place 5 rounds on paper within the par time.
2) Congratulate yourself on finally getting all shots perfectly on target within the time frame for once. :p

--------------------

Actually, running this drill at 10 yards from the holster, with 5 rounds in 10 seconds, with the goal of getting the smallest group in the center of the paper, is interesting. Many people have a hard time centering shots without specific markers, and if the first shot is off, the rest tend to be clustered around the first shot instead of centered. Making yourself shoot center no matter what else has happened, without a specific marker (just a blank space) is an interesting drill.

JDM
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
We are reformatting.

It's a bye week.

Standby.

:D

Mr_White
03-16-2012, 12:39 PM
some frickin' @#*$&@%*& drill that a crazy person on crack thought up specifically to drive me nuts and make me feel like a complete and utter failure as a shooter.

Well said!

ToddG
03-19-2012, 09:41 AM
instead of some frickin' @#*$&@%*& drill that a crazy person on crack thought up specifically to drive me nuts and make me feel like a complete and utter failure as a shooter.

I resent that. I do not use crack.

jthhapkido
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
I resent that. I do not use crack.

What, you are saying that your mind works like this NORMALLY?!

I'm thinking---perhaps some therapy might help you. Just sayin'....

:)

MDS
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking---perhaps some therapy might help you. Just sayin'....

:)

I propose a parallel, therapeutic drill of the week. I, for one, feel like a million bucks after shooting the drill in the op.
:cool:

ToddG
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Therapute this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY

NETim
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
http://metalworkingmachine.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/electric-drill-.jpg

jthhapkido
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
http://metalworkingmachine.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/electric-drill-.jpg

Thank you so much. :p

Just remember---I'll see you in class this weekend...granted, we'll see Todd, too. More appropriately (giving him fair warning), he'll see both of US in class this weekend...

NETim
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you so much. :p

Just remember---I'll see you in class this weekend...granted, we'll see Todd, too. More appropriately (giving him fair warning), he'll see both of US in class this weekend...

I'm sure Todd is looking forward to having TWO Nebraskans in his class. A rare privilege. :)

Sounds like the weather will be good Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully there's no flooding. They're getting a lot of rain down that way right now. :(

I'm looking forward to a nice leisurely drive through the Flint Hills on Friday.

ToddG
03-20-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm sure Todd is looking forward to having TWO Nebraskans in his class.

Wow, I've never had 50% of a state's population in one class before. :cool:

NETim
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Wow, I've never had 50% of a state's population in one class before. :cool:

Too bad we can't bring our better halves along for you to meet but someone's got to stay home and herd the cows around.