PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Tangodown Vickers Slide Release

SteveK
03-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Just wanting to know if anybody has encountered issues with spring tension with this part. As a lefty, this part is pretty much essential for me but I've had to adjust (bend) the springs in both I installed on my 2 Gen3 17s. Not really a problem but I hate tweaking factory springs. I also run one on my Gen3 21sf and have had no issues. However, both 17s had premature lockbacks almost every other round until I tuned them. Thanks.

JV_
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Just wanting to know if anybody has encountered issues with spring tension with this part.I had to bend mine as well, after about 5000 rounds.

Byron
03-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Never attempted to tune the spring, but I did stop running them in my Glocks because I was getting premature lockbacks. It's a shame, because I otherwise loved them. To clarify, you are bending the spring so that it exerts more downward pressure? And that has completely solved the premature lockbacks?

JV_
03-15-2012, 09:24 AM
To clarify, you are bending the spring so that it exerts more downward pressure? And that has completely solved the premature lockbacks?Yes, you bend it to create more tension.

I had issues with premature lock-backs for a few weeks before I figured out it wasn't my grip.

Byron
03-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks -- that is very interesting. Like you, I just assumed it was my grip. Looks like I have some experimenting to do.

SteveK
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Bending the spring does the trick. I also noticed that the release itself seems to make drivng the trigger pin out much harder so I wondered if maybe it was out of spec. Although I would think that would aid in the premature lockbacks. I actually set the pin back in my glock punch trying to drive one out.

JV_
03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
I also noticed that the release itself seems to make drivng the trigger pin out much harderRemove the locking block pin (the higher of the 2 front pins), that will make it easier to wiggle the release up and down so the trigger pin pushes out without much force.

JHC
03-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Never attempted to tune the spring, but I did stop running them in my Glocks because I was getting premature lockbacks. It's a shame, because I otherwise loved them. To clarify, you are bending the spring so that it exerts more downward pressure? And that has completely solved the premature lockbacks?

Same here on two 9mm's for two shooters (one shooting lefty). No great loss IMO as I have never suffered with the stock mag release but had one of the Vickers TD given to me (by another shooter that tried it and removed it). I have it on a G21 now and after just a few rounds (maybe 150) it's worked ok there. The lockbacks happened immediately upon install in the 9mm's.

ToddG
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
I had no problem at all with mine and it lasted far longer than Glock expects of its own levers.

The only reason I'm not still using it is because it's too short for my short thumbs in conjunction with the Lasergrip. So now I'm using a standard Glock extended release.

jetfire
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I've had mine on my Gen 4 21 for 5k+ rounds now with no issues at all. It is absolutely the berries for nailing slide lock reloads.

JHC
03-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Edit - Sunday my G21 started locking back every 2-3 rounds with this slide release installed. Back to OEM. All good.

lamarbrog
04-21-2012, 12:00 AM
I have just shy of 1000 rounds on one in my Glock 19. No issues aside from the fact that it had a burr on it when it was new that caused it to not reliably drop if you reload using the sling shot method.

I hit it with a diamond grit sharpening stone and some Scotch Brite and it has worked fine ever since. (The issue was discovered upon initial inspection after installation, and fixed immediately.)

I've had no issued with premature lock backs.

Up1911Fan
04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I've had no issues with it on my Gen4 G26 with a little over 4,500 rounds. Put one on my new Gen4 G17 this week, it's only been to the range once, but no issues in the first 250 rounds through the gun.

WDW
04-21-2012, 05:29 PM
It says right on website that the spring may need to be bent to achieve proper tension/function. What's everyone surprised about?

lamarbrog
04-22-2012, 12:01 AM
It says right on website that the spring may need to be bent to achieve proper tension/function. What's everyone surprised about?

Which website? I didn't find it on the link provided by the Vickers website, or on the TangoDown website.