PDA

View Full Version : Do any Glock "direct-millers" duplicate the MOS cut?

RAM Engineer
02-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Can ATEi or any of the reputable companies that direct mill optics into slides replicate Glock's MOS cut? I'm wanting a G26.5 MOS and don't want to wait for Big G to release them.

Paul D
02-25-2019, 10:54 AM
I asked Mark of L&M Precision this question for my Gen 3 Glocks. He states that it was not feasible due to the pre-existing rear sight cut. The MOS rear sight dovetail is more rearwards than the non-MOS models. He has tried it and he was dissatisfied with the results. There was a thread somewhere here that he gives his discussion.

flyrodr
02-25-2019, 11:03 AM
I spoke with Mark Housel at L&M Precision some time ago about this. Hopefully I'm remembering correctly what he said. I believe it was that the front sight cut on the standard G26 was too far forward, and that trying the MOS cut forward from there would hit the firing pin block. That might not be exactly what he said, but if you compare a standard G26 and an G19 MOS, the distance from the rear of the slide to the breech face is the same. And the rear sight cut on the MOS is much further toward the rear. Even so, if you remove the slide, the MOS cut extends to almost in line vertically with the firing pin block. That same length cut starting at the typical rear sight dovetail would go past the block.

[Oops. Paul D. beat me to it.]

RAM Engineer
02-25-2019, 11:10 AM
I asked Mark of L&M Precision this question for my Gen 3 Glocks. He states that it was not feasible due to the pre-existing rear sight cut. The MOS rear sight dovetail is more rearwards than the non-MOS models. He has tried it and he was dissatisfied with the results. There was a thread somewhere here that he gives his discussion.

Thanks for the info! I guess it's back to waiting.

wmu12071
02-25-2019, 01:05 PM
Can ATEi or any of the reputable companies that direct mill optics into slides replicate Glock's MOS cut? I'm wanting a G26.5 MOS and don't want to wait for Big G to release them.

An alternative could be the Agency Arms AOS cut. It allows different dot sights on different plates and mounts the rear sight to the plate. There is a thread here on the topic.