PDA

View Full Version : TX: Renewal Time Brag on TX-DPS

RoyGBiv
02-21-2019, 04:24 PM
WifeGBiv renewed her carry license earlier this month. Renewed license was in hand in 13 calendar days, including 5 weekend/holiday days.

8 business days, including mailing time.

If any of you folks work for the licensing division of TX DPS... You're doing an awesome job! Thanks! :cool:

LtDave
02-22-2019, 12:00 PM
I've had even faster service from AZ DPS, under a week to receive CCW permit and LEOSA qualification cards.

Good work AZ and TX.

farscott
02-22-2019, 12:22 PM
I still prefer the Alabama renewal process. The longest my renewal has ever taken was fifteen minutes -- and that was because I was chatting with the lady processing my renewal and wandered back to chat with my gunsmith whose full-time job is at the Sheriff's office.

gtae07
02-23-2019, 11:56 AM
Georgia's licenses are done by county probate courts. Our county is notoriously slow and blatantly flaunts state law that requires issue within 30 days (IIRC) to those who qualify. My last renewal took over 4 months.

The judge took offense that he was being sued over taking so long.

Totem Polar
02-23-2019, 12:32 PM
WifeGBiv

*Totally* and completely off topic, but, you’ve spoken of "WifeGBiv" more than once, and each time it cracks me up.

Makes me think of one of those hip, mail order clothing company catalogs that we all somehow end up subscribed to if we live long enough describing t-shirt and tennis shoe options:

Wisteria
Ivory
Fuchsia
Eggplant

:D