PDA

View Full Version : Work Sharp Ken Onion edition $79.99 at Amazon

JclInAtx
02-21-2019, 09:59 AM
I've seen these recommended before here so thought I'd post the deal. Mods feel free to move if General Discussion is a more appropriate place. It's $70 off list price so probably a good deal. I got the direct link by navigating through the Amazon link above, so hopefully PF gets a cut.

https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-Knife-Sharpener-Onion/dp/B00EJ9CQKA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1550760745&sr=8-5&keywords=work+sharp+ken+onion+edition

dontshakepandas
02-21-2019, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I've been thinking about picking one of these up for awhile so I went ahead and ordered one.

LittleLebowski
02-21-2019, 11:28 AM
Recommended.

Darth_Uno
02-21-2019, 11:45 AM
Ordered. Now I can stop borrowing my neighbors.

JM Campbell
02-21-2019, 12:12 PM
.....$129 at the link provided

Not the Ken Onion edition below.
https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WSKTS-W-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B07CVN8HV5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JclInAtx
02-21-2019, 01:17 PM
looks like the deal ended. I'm seeing it back to 129.99 after refreshing the browser page I ordered on.

mtnbkr
02-21-2019, 01:21 PM
.....$129 at the link provided

It was when it was posted, I saw it myself. That's how Amazon is at times. Stuff will drop in price for minutes/hours/days, then go back up.

I already have one or I would have jumped on that deal.

Chris

JM Campbell
02-21-2019, 01:23 PM
It was when it was posted, I saw it myself. That's how Amazon is at times. Stuff will drop in price for minutes/hours/days, then go back up.

I already have one or I would have jumped on that deal.

Chris

I agree, I’ve tried to pick one up through the various other notifications on here and always get the adjusted price. I’ve even order and “paid” for one before on Amazon and the order was canceled and money refunded due to a price/availability mistake.

mtnbkr
02-21-2019, 01:35 PM
I’ve even order and “paid” for one before on Amazon and the order was canceled and money refunded due to a price/availability mistake.
I haven't experienced that one at Amazon yet. I've had it happen with other retailers though.

Chris

JclInAtx
02-21-2019, 02:35 PM
Sorry for those who missed it. I think a similar deal had been posted around black Friday and I missed out then.

I'm not a big fan of Amazon due to that kind of pricing model. I stick to inexpensive items that I can click to buy without much deliberation. I was looking to replace some bookshelf speakers with their corresponding floor standers and Amazon had a great deal. So I waited a few hours to show my wife for her blessing, but that point they went back up by 30% or so. Happened a few times over a month or so. I gave up.

I used CamelCamelCamel to track the price of a smoker once. It eventually fell to about 60% off and I ordered. So I guess if you're patient it can work out in your favor too. I that case though I'm not sure it was worth it even at 60% off. It's true value was as a learning experience.

GuanoLoco
02-21-2019, 02:38 PM
I got in on the deal and have already mostly worn out some of a second set of belts. Probably over 100 knives and other things sharpened so far.

Bigghoss
02-22-2019, 05:34 PM
I have the standard version, not the Ken Onion one, and I love that thing. I use it to sharpen my large outdoor knives and axes. For my small EDC knives I use a KME system.

Tactical Black Belt
02-24-2019, 01:08 AM
I have one and you should too. Even if you have to pay the regular price to get it. It is that good.

GuanoLoco
02-24-2019, 09:34 AM
It did a really nice job on a couple of Cold Steel shovels made of a carbon steel.

It was struggling with a giant Pakistani Bowie Knife with an absolute shite edge that a friend had - I think that thing needed a full-size knife-makers belt sander.

JohnO
02-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Can anyone describe the differences between the regular & Ken Onion edition?

Looking at replacement belts it looks like the regular version uses 1/2" width and the Ken Onion uses 3/4" width. Anything else?

JM Campbell
02-24-2019, 10:46 AM
Can anyone describe the differences between the regular & Ken Onion edition?

Looking at replacement belts it looks like the regular version uses 1/2" width and the Ken Onion uses 3/4" width. Anything else?

More blade angle/sharpening angles with the Ken Onion edition.

GuanoLoco
02-24-2019, 11:19 AM
The difference is a little complicated. I was able to learn to sharpen a wide variety of knives usign the K.O. Edition..

https://youtu.be/shx_H58jX3w