PDA

View Full Version : New pistol: TRB RS9

MrInox
02-20-2019, 05:51 PM

Made in bosnia, hammer fired, aluminum framed, 18 round capacity, DA/SA with decocker (DA=12lbs, SA= 5lbs). Bosnian army is currently recieving them as we speak.

Looks interesting to me.

cornstalker
02-20-2019, 06:15 PM
That hammer looks like it is intended to double as an ice axe...

Peally
02-20-2019, 06:17 PM
What does it do that a million other handguns haven't already done?

MrInox
02-20-2019, 07:08 PM
What does it do that a million other handguns haven't already done?

Hi-cap metal framed da/sa pistols are uncommon and getting rarer. I like it when a new one (that looks promising) comes to market in a sea of striker fired plastic.

Peally
02-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Hi-cap metal framed da/sa pistols are uncommon and getting rarer.

That's probably for a very good reason :)

APS-PF
02-20-2019, 09:29 PM
That lever is the slide release and the decocker, but it does not appear to move downwards you sweep it up to decock?

MrInox
02-20-2019, 10:21 PM
https://youtu.be/qd3e6FkCTOU

Minivan entry vehicle 🤣

Paul D
02-20-2019, 10:30 PM
I would love to check it out. If it is priced similar to the Arex Rex Zero, then it will have a chance in the market. If it priced as same as a new Sig P226 which is typically $100 more, then probably not.

MrInox
02-20-2019, 10:35 PM
I would love to check it out. If it is priced similar to the Arex Rex Zero, then it will have a chance in the market. If it priced as same as a new Sig P226 which is typically $100 more, then probably not.

What ive heard is it may come to market internationally once bosnian military and law enforcement contracts are fulfilled, meaning maybe this fall at the earliest.

Pricewise i dunno. It should come in well under a p226 judging from what zastava/arex are doing.

RevolverRob
02-20-2019, 10:54 PM
That's probably for a very good reason :)

Metal frame or GTFO. You know the rules.

Would def love to see how the decocker works.

Looks like a cool gun. Does it come with a balaclava too?

MattyD380
02-21-2019, 01:37 AM
I like that it's called the "Vampir." I feel compelled to say it in a faux eastern European accent. Repeatedly.

Perhaps there's some Sig lineage in there--the takedown lever had the tell-tale round lug on the right. And I think I saw what resembled a locking insert on the fieldstrip shot. And if it's already in military service... I'm sure it's a solid gun. And I'm glad to see high-quality, all-metal DA/SA guns getting some interest.

That said... I'm not sure why I'd pick this over an Arex? Come to think of it... I never bought an Arex either. Not that I wasn't impressed by what I saw/heard about the Arex. But my 1988 P226 fills the "big, fat full-sized 9mm that I don't carry" niche just fine.

Now if Eastern Europe wants to give me a P239ish sort of experience? I'd be more interested.

As a side note... I also think it's interesting that this gun, the Arex and the Zastava all (apparently) use internal extractors, when Sig went to all external.

1986s4
02-21-2019, 10:10 AM
I'll bet it's a great service pistol. But I have a Beretta M9 that fills the bill for Hicap 9mm. It looks like they put the slide catch in the same rearward position as SIG which just doesn't work for me. My next pistol should be a airweight J frame, something I won't mind carrying around a bit...….

MrInox
02-21-2019, 11:13 AM
I like that it's called the "Vampir." I feel compelled to say it in a faux eastern European accent. Repeatedly.

Perhaps there's some Sig lineage in there--the takedown lever had the tell-tale round lug on the right. And I think I saw what resembled a locking insert on the fieldstrip shot. And if it's already in military service... I'm sure it's a solid gun. And I'm glad to see high-quality, all-metal DA/SA guns getting some interest.

That said... I'm not sure why I'd pick this over an Arex? Come to think of it... I never bought an Arex either. Not that I wasn't impressed by what I saw/heard about the Arex. But my 1988 P226 fills the "big, fat full-sized 9mm that I don't carry" niche just fine.

Now if Eastern Europe wants to give me a P239ish sort of experience? I'd be more interested.

As a side note... I also think it's interesting that this gun, the Arex and the Zastava all (apparently) use internal extractors, when Sig went to all external.

Id pick it over the rex zero for the simple fact that its decock only while the rex zero has that dumb safety which made me discount the gun altogether.

Jeep
02-21-2019, 11:20 AM
Seems to have a pretty high bore axis.

Anyway, might be an interesting gun but with Beretta's and the Sig P series so far along on the learning curve with lots of spare parts, cheap mags etc. I see little reason to turn to new eastern European creations unless they are very, very cheap.

Kyle Reese
02-21-2019, 06:37 PM
If the US street price is under 5 bills, I might grab one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk