PDA

View Full Version : FrankenGlock 43

Port
02-07-2019, 03:44 PM
This thread has been specifically created to irk the “Only OEM” guys! Actually it hasn’t. It’s for guys who aren’t threatened by modifying thier weapons. If that’s not you, and all you want to do is hate, please create your own thread. I promise I will not post in it!

Ok lol, with that out of the way (though I’m sure the “righteous” will not adhere), let me start by saying I’ve always had a love for Glocks. But thier double stacks never “fit”, and I found their triggers always sucked. So I packed Walthers. A PPS, and a CCP specially, untill the 42 came out. It was “love” at first sight. I’ve put thousands and thousands of rounds through it, but the trigger remained - wanting. It never smoothed out like so many say it would. I didn’t really want to mess with the 42 being I was relying on it though, so the trigger remained...

SO, when I got my 43, I vowed that I would modify it as “needed” until I got the perfect 43 for me. I wouldn’t carry it until everything was “vetted” - which was ok because I’ve got other guns lol! More importantly, whatever worked on my 43, I would eventually do to my 42. Seemed like a pretty good idea to me.

So, here’s all the things I’ve done to my 43 to date:

I’m pretty sure the Mag-Na-Porting was the most controversial, but it was also the first thing I did. If the 43 was going to take over the Walther PPS’s throne, I was going to have to get back on target faster than the 43 was allowing. Now maybe this is subjective because I don’t use a timer, but i’m telling you, the 43 was way snappier, and therefore slower.

At first I wasn’t sure about it. The rise in decibels gives you the impression it’s recoiling more even though it isn’t. Moreover, the flames and displacement of air around the sides of the gun takes some getting used to! But I am now convinced that I’m not going to be blinded, but I am going to get back on target faster. A lot faster. I can dump six at seven yards into a 6” plate as fast as I can pull the trigger! Nice!

Speaking of the trigger, no question, the safety plunger/spring mod made the biggest difference for me. It’s the only spring i’ll change. I’m convinced it will not effect it’s function. But there is so much less “slop” in the pull. Nice!

Add to that the connector and trigger shoe, and i’ve got a trigger I’m very happy with. Very happy! The difference is remarkable!

The GeePlates and Hogue grips make all the difference for me. I didn’t want a mag extension. I’ve got a 48 already. Between those two things, I am good to go. The GeePlates really help on the draw too.

As for the sights... man, that’s a work in progress. I intended to originally put on the Shield red dot, but held off because everyone is saying a new waterproof version is in the works. So I bought an Ameriglo in the meantime. I hated the orange, it just didn’t work, so I ordered my regular - XS Big Dots.

Today I put the front sight on. Before I replaced the rear though, I looked over the the top...

I like it.

I’ll be shooting it in this configuration this weekend - Ameriglo rear, XS front. We’ll see if it works. But dry firing, I’m genuinely intrigued so far! It’s kind of like a yellow XS F8 sight. This could prove to work perfectly.

So that’s the story behind my fire breathing Hellbeast! Yup, I call it my Hellbeast. She’s a loud fire breathing machine. I’ve put as much cash in aftermarket crap in it, as I did buying the gun, but I absolutely love it so far. And I’ve got just shy of a thousand absolutely problem free rounds though it. I’ve even carried it once I’m trusting it so much.

I’ll see how the Hellbeast’s mismatched sights work this weekend. If they work, she’ll be on the hip soon. I’m really liking the enhancements a lot! The 42 already received the plunger and connector upgrade! It’s trigger is already smooth so no worry’s there. It’s like it’s a whole new gun!

Here is where I was pre sight change:

I don’t know what happened at 10.

Anyway, I hope that this inspires others - or is simply entertaining. This is the pistol-forum after all. We all enjoy our pistols as we see fit. Peace.

jetfire
02-07-2019, 03:49 PM
So God is sitting up in heaven, and he says to the angels "Hey, come look at my masterpiece!" The angels all gather around the Lord God and He sure is pleased. He shows them His new creation and says "guys, look isn't this great? I call it 'human.' It's so awesome!"

The angels are all confused because it looks like a hairless chimp with no arm strength, plus the listing of emotions and mental capacity doesn't make sense. It's super smart but also riddled with insecurities. Finally, Lucifer speaks up: "That's not awesome, you took a perfectly good chimp and gave it anxiety! You ruined a monkey!"

And that's the story of how Satan fell from heaven.

---

You took a perfectly good Glock 43 and ruined it with stupid ass modification that don't add to your shooting performance in any meaningful way. Oh also I hate that your enter post is center justified instead of left justified.

Port
02-07-2019, 03:56 PM
So God is sitting up in heaven, and he says to the angels "Hey, come look at my masterpiece!" The angels all gather around the Lord God and He sure is pleased. He shows them His new creation and says "guys, look isn't this great? I call it 'human.' It's so awesome!"

The angels are all confused because it looks like a hairless chimp with no arm strength, plus the listing of emotions and mental capacity doesn't make sense. It's super smart but also riddled with insecurities. Finally, Lucifer speaks up: "That's not awesome, you took a perfectly good chimp and gave it anxiety! You ruined a monkey!"

And that's the story of how Satan fell from heaven.

---

You took a perfectly good Glock 43 and ruined it with stupid ass modification that don't add to your shooting performance in any meaningful way. Oh also I hate that your enter post is center justified instead of left justified.

Good lord - read the first paragraph hater lol!

And yes, this is center justified just for you ;)

PS - I note you replied 5 minutes after I posted. 5 minutes. Now even if you’re a speed reader and fast typer, you didn’t even read my post. You just decided to hate and went for it. Sad

JRB
02-07-2019, 03:56 PM
I'm, uh, happy you're happy?

jetfire
02-07-2019, 04:00 PM
Good lord - read the first paragraph hater lol!

And yes, this is center justified just for you ;)

Literally none of the guns I own are OEM only. However, all of them have been modified in a way that actually improves their shootability or concealability, not slapdick modifications that only make sense if you're huffing paint in a trailer park.

Port
02-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Literally none of the guns I own are OEM only. However, all of them have been modified in a way that actually improves their shootability or concealability, not slapdick modifications that only make sense if you're huffing paint in a trailer park.

So... getting back on target faster and a better trigger feel isn’t something you feel is worthy of your shooting? Cool! I don’t care. It works for me. And uh... it’s my gun.

Good lord, for a guy who cites god vs devil story’s, you share are judgemental. Why don’t you save all your judging for your work with St. Peter.