PDA

View Full Version : "3 Gun Helped Me Survive"

Tokarev
02-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Not directly related to USPSA (and this is Pistol Forum after all) but still a decent read.

https://www.agirlandagun.org/3-gun-helped-me-survive/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jesting Devil
02-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Awesome. Sharing that one around, thanks

miller_man
02-02-2019, 05:32 PM
Great read, win for the good guys.

So about that "killed in da streetz"?

fwrun
02-03-2019, 01:12 AM
A tac reload in the wild, they were only rumored to exist stateside.

Cory
02-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Interesting to paint her as a "non-gun person" who shoots 3 gun. Most people that have been to a match of any kind I would consider gun people. A cop that knows their department training is inadequate definitely strikes me as a gun person. A peson who carries a 1911 on duty with 10 round mags and both proficient and comfortable with reloads strikes me as a gun person, cause that doesnt happen over night. Even less so a reload stowing a partial mag. Probably just folks trying to make it relatable.

Glad she was there. Wonder if any cars were struck. Cant help but think of some of Will Petty's VCQB videos about the door as cover for officers only working when suspects are compliant. As soon as shots are fired the vehicle rear is retreated too. Interesting stuff.

-Cory

Trooper224
02-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Interesting to paint her as a "non-gun person" who shoots 3 gun. Most people that have been to a match of any kind I would consider gun people. A cop that knows their department training is inadequate definitely strikes me as a gun person. A peson who carries a 1911 on duty with 10 round mags and both proficient and comfortable with reloads strikes me as a gun person, cause that doesnt happen over night. Even less so a reload stowing a partial mag. Probably just folks trying to make it relatable.

Glad she was there. Wonder if any cars were struck. Cant help but think of some of Will Petty's VCQB videos about the door as cover for officers only working when suspects are compliant. As soon as shots are fired the vehicle rear is retreated too. Interesting stuff.

-Cory

I read it as the writer going for the "soccer mom just doing her job" angle. Regardless, great job.

ST911
02-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Repetitive, practical handling, under stress, conducted off a KD square range without par times, fixed targets, or range kata, helped produce success.

Shocked.

HCM
02-03-2019, 03:12 PM
I read it as the writer going for the "soccer mom just doing her job" angle. Regardless, great job.

This is likely, though in LE and Mil there are well trained shooters who practice and train on their own who would say they are “not a gun person” because they don’t collect guns. They may have a couple personally owned working guns and take training on their own but are shooters, not gun nerds.

SeriousStudent
02-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Outstanding work by Deputy Javes!

Very impressive under pressure, and I am delighted she was not injured, nor any other innocent parties.

Alpha Sierra
02-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Great read, win for the good guys.

So about that "killed in da streetz"?

You'll have to ask Mr Mindset (Voodoo Man)

Alpha Sierra
02-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Interesting to paint her as a "non-gun person" who shoots 3 gun.

99% of the press has zero idea what a gun person is or is not.
99% of the press has no earthly idea what a 3 gun match is

Alpha Sierra
02-03-2019, 06:24 PM
I wonder what would have happened to a passing motorist that had stopped and smoked the nutjob with a gun before the cops showed up?