PDA

View Full Version : sure srike laser ammo

cracker
03-11-2012, 06:31 PM
I ordered one of the sure strike laser ammo kits for my M&P 40c, I think this will be a good tool to work with dry fire drills. If anyone is using one of these let me know what you think of them and have you come up with any good drills for this laser ammo.
As always thanks for any info in advance.
Also are we allowed to post links to web sites here or is that against the copy right rule?
Cracker

ummm
05-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I've been using it my entire shooting career :D -- 3 months tomorrow! Complete n00b to firearms / shooting, so I don't have any frame of reference for comparison, but it does seem useful.

With my gun, I can only get the first shot (striker-fired Springfield XDm), and after that I'm flying kinda blind, but I'm kinda OK with that fact.

Among my many problems are rushing my first shot so I can not be as pathetically slow as I am, and the laser forces me to slow down and hit an (roughly) A, because I'm gonna see where it hits and know if I screwed up.

The reason I kinda like not having all my shots that way is because I'd be looking for the laser dot all the time, and I'm not sure I want that. Plus, the laser POI is not the same as a bullet's POI, at least in my super-limited experience, so I don't want the laser to "train" me too much.

Seeing the impact of that first shot also does reveal a lot about trigger control (or, in my case, the total absence thereof). I can have a perfect sight pic and yank/push the shot 4 inches off -- just from 10 yards away! I would not have known that if not for the visual feedback from the laser.

There may well be other advantages and disadvantages that I'm unaware of...