PDA

View Full Version : Vickers mag extension problems?

feudist
01-22-2019, 09:29 AM
I've got an Vickers +2 on a G42 mag. It's been vetted thoroughly and was kept loaded since last March, except when being fired.

Yesterday I was using it fully loaded, 8+1, and it stopped picking up the second round of ammo. I could replicate the malf on demand.

The rest rest of the mag cycled fine. Are these known to be problematic?

PensFan
01-22-2019, 12:49 PM
I've got an Vickers +2 on a G42 mag. It's been vetted thoroughly and was kept loaded since last March, except when being fired.

Yesterday I was using it fully loaded, 8+1, and it stopped picking up the second round of ammo. I could replicate the malf on demand.

The rest rest of the mag cycled fine. Are these known to be problematic?

Yep. Usually after about 1000 rounds they start to have feeding issues from what I've seen and heard.

HCM
01-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Yep. Usually after about 1000 rounds they start to have feeding issues from what I've seen and heard.

Are the Tarans any better or is this a case of no free lunch ?

feudist
01-22-2019, 07:30 PM
Took it out today and fired 50 through a Pearce +1 that was tested and placed into service at the same time as the Vickers. No problems.

Dismas316
01-22-2019, 09:05 PM

I’ve never had an issue with TT. I have over 2500 rounds on my 43 and haven’t ever had a problem. I have the +1,2,&3 so they’ve seen a mix of rounds each and the majority of the 2500 rounds. Same with the ones for my 19 and 34 which have 3700 & 1700 respectfully. Not sure exactly how many through the mags but I use them alot and they’ve been worth the money for me. The 34 has had the tt for most of the 1700 rounds.

PensFan
01-23-2019, 12:22 PM

Spring issues i believe perhaps he's sorted them out by now.. I run the tango down as a reserve/range mag only.

Joe Mac
01-23-2019, 03:39 PM

Interesting... That's exactly what happened with my two samples that I was using with my G43s: ran great for about a thousand rounds (by which point I THOUGHT they'd proven themselves), then failures to feed started.

At my last Glock armorer recert, we asked them when we'd see factory G43 mag extensions, and their reply was "when we can get them to work". They frankly admitted that they test every aftermarket G43 extension in Smyrna, to see if anyone has cracked the reliability code, but no luck yet.