PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to install TGS on my P30

JRas
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Received my parts needed for install today

I think I installed the hammer spring correctly. I say I think because it flew across the room when I removed it. I put the new hammer spring and bearing for hammer spring back in to the closest hole to the hammer.

All I have left is the firing pin block spring, except I have no idea where or how to install it. Anyone willing to run me down on a how to?

Thanks

YVK
03-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I used instructions found on page one of this thread
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/40627-p2000-sk-uspc-lem-trigger-job-part-1-a.html

JRas
03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I used instructions found on page one of this thread
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/40627-p2000-sk-uspc-lem-trigger-job-part-1-a.html

Nice, anyone know if the punch size is the same? 3/32nd

By the way, I don't notice any difference with this new hammer spring, is that normal? The orginal one was shorter and thicker. The new one is longer and thinner

wrt81
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
3/32 punch works. You won't notice a huge difference with just the hammer spring changed.

Shapap
03-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I used the same punch on mine (P2000) and it worked fine, but one thing that guide doesn't tell you is that when you drive out the pin, the FPB and spring will shoot out...atleast it did on mine, so try to keep some pressure on the FPB as you drive the pin out so you don't lose it. I thought the same thing about the hammer spring, so I kept swapping back and forth between the two and the longer one is lighter, just not really noticeable unless you swap back and forth.

JRas
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
I drove out the pin, removed the firing pin and block. I put the new spring in but now I can't get it to lock it before I put the pin back in...

The firing pin won't lock in place, just sticks out

What am I missing?

JodyH
03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I drove out the pin, removed the firing pin and block. I put the new spring in but now I can't get it to lock it before I put the pin back in...

The firing pin won't lock in place, just sticks out

What am I missing?
Make sure the firing pin has the "flat" to the right when looking at it from the rear.
Make sure the firing pin safety has the "raised 1/4" to the 9-12 o'clock position when looking at the bottom of the slide, muzzle down.
Press the firing pin safety down into the slide and push the firing pin all the way forward until it projects from the breech face (I use a small flat bladed screw driver on the "flat" when I do this).
Now tap the roll pin in.

JRas
03-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Make sure the firing pin has the "flat" to the right when looking at it from the rear.
Make sure the firing pin safety has the "raised 1/4" to the 9-12 o'clock position when looking at the bottom of the slide, muzzle down.
Press the firing pin safety down into the slide and push the firing pin all the way forward until it projects from the breech face (I use a small flat bladed screw driver on the "flat" when I do this).
Now tap the roll pin in.

I believe I put it all in correctly,I ended up pushing them in and holding them while I put the roll pin in. The firing pin would stick out unless I held it.

I'm wondering if that's how your supposed to do it, from the hkpro thread it made it sound like they should stay in without any pressure.

I put a pencil in my barrel to make sure the firing pin was striking the primer, it was

Just want to make sure I did it correctly before I put rounds through it