PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat’s New 92G VERTEC/CENTURION TACTICAL

Wts70mc
01-19-2019, 08:42 PM
So what are you guys think of this gun?

How does it compare to the vertec brigadier or the regular centurion?

What are your thoughts on the vertec grip overall?

How does it compare to the LTT elite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigghoss
01-19-2019, 09:14 PM
I got a Vertec recently and just for S&G's a put my Centurion slide on there just to fondle it. I liked that setup and when I saw WC was offering Vertec grips on their BrigTac I knew the CenTac would be along shortly. If I'm going to spend 4 figures on a Beretta I'm going to get the regular grip because I like that better. But I do dig the combination for Centurion slide on a Vertec frame.

A-Train
01-19-2019, 09:48 PM
I like it. The Vertec is my favorite profile Beretta 92 variation. In fact I just ordered two of these WC Beretta Centurions, with sequential serial numbers, as my new home defense duo.

I’m not a big fan of the “G” configuration so I may switch them to “FS”. I never had trouble with that “FS” model on active duty so keeping it consistent with my history is important to me.

I’ll try to post some pictures when they get here.

ChaseN
01-19-2019, 10:04 PM
Little off topic but I keep seeing Beretta 92 love all over the forum. I have nothing but good memories of the M9A1 as a former Marine pistol instructor but I gotta ask. Are these updated guns still the basic size of an M9 i.e. P226/USP? People are commonly concealed carrying these? As I recall an M9 was noticeably larger than something like a Glock 17 or even a P30.

Bigghoss
01-19-2019, 10:42 PM
Little off topic but I keep seeing Beretta 92 love all over the forum. I have nothing but good memories of the M9A1 as a former Marine pistol instructor but I gotta ask. Are these updated guns still the basic size of an M9 i.e. P226/USP? People are commonly concealed carrying these? As I recall an M9 was noticeably larger than something like a Glock 17 or even a P30.

All the 90-series are pretty much the same size though subtle differences mean they don't all share holsters. I have a Safariland paddle holster from a 92FS, I haven't used it much but I feel I could hide a 92 on me if I had to. I'm a really big dude though so it's easier for me.

SeriousStudent
01-20-2019, 12:14 AM
I have a old Vertec that was tuned up by LTT. I absolutely love the gun.

HCM
01-20-2019, 01:35 AM

The gun is larger overall but the grip is shorter and easier to conceal. Much easier to conceal than a G17 due to the Glocks hump and grip angle.

Bucky
01-20-2019, 06:31 AM
I have a couple Vertecs (not the one in question). I much prefer the standard style grip.

M2CattleCo
01-21-2019, 09:54 AM
The gun is larger overall but the grip is shorter and easier to conceal. Much easier to conceal than a G17 due to the Glocks hump and grip angle.

Yep.

The grip of an M9 is almost identical size to a Glock 19 and the rounder slide profile doesn't print as much.

Vista461
01-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Yep.

The grip of an M9 is almost identical size to a Glock 19 and the rounder slide profile doesn't print as much.

I noticed that with my 92A1, I used my M&P 9c appendix holster just to see how the full-size 92 would do appendix, and the grip just disappeared, whereas I saw more of the grip of my G22 and G17. Even with the longer barrel,it was more comfortable to than the 9c, without the tip out I can get with the 9c. I’m going to have to get an AIWB holster for the 92.

awmp
01-21-2019, 03:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing as below, has anyone seen one in person yet? The purpose? Range or daily carry?

So what are you guys think of this gun?

How does it compare to the vertec brigadier or the regular centurion?

What are your thoughts on the vertec grip overall?

How does it compare to the LTT elite?

Doc_Glock
01-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Yep.

M9's print surprisingly little. They are pretty heavy compared to a plastic gun, though.

Lon
01-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Approve, Yoda does not.

nalesq
01-21-2019, 08:35 PM
M9's print surprisingly little. They are pretty heavy compared to a plastic gun, though.

I agree, and increased weight can impact concealability indirectly, in that if you don’t have the holster/belt combo properly dialed in, the Beretta is more prone than a lighter pistol to shifting/flopping about in a way that will negatively affect overall concealment as one moves around, gets up from seated positions, etc.

But once one does have the right holster and belt, I think the Beretta 92C can conceal practically as well as a Glock 19. This is my experience, at any rate, after many years of carrying both as I hem and haw between DA/SA and striker fired systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fpnunes
01-22-2019, 07:13 AM
As a guy with relatively smaller hands I was very surprised to find that I didn't care for the vertec grip when I had a chance to handle one at my local LGS. The LTT with Ernest's ultrathin grips has a more "rounded" profile and feels more natural in my hands. Not sure that I would ever chose the vertec grip over a standard one. OMMV.

Wts70mc
01-22-2019, 10:21 PM
As a guy with relatively smaller hands I was very surprised to find that I didn't care for the vertec grip when I had a chance to handle one at my local LGS. The LTT with Ernest's ultrathin grips has a more "rounded" profile and feels more natural in my hands. Not sure that I would ever chose the vertec grip over a standard one. OMMV.

Agreed. I want to like the new Wilson! I often think you get what you pay for, but that Langdon elite LTT is a seriously contender. The fiber optic front is appealing, and the squared off trigger guard seems to be more common when it comes to holster options. I don’t think I would carry the 92… Not with the Options out there like a 229, cz p01. IMO, they make more sense as a carry gun.

if one of the Wilson’s is an option i think it would be the Wilson centurion (non vertec)... then simply adding the LTT grip in a bag.

Lon
01-23-2019, 06:02 PM
Sigh, if you want it done.....

from WilsonCombat’s website

MGW
01-23-2019, 08:45 PM
It’s a good looking pistol. What’s the appeal of the Vertec frame? Is the main advantage the shorter trigger reach? What about for people with larger than average hands? The biggest issue I have with 92’s is where the trigger breaks. It feels too far back to me. Does this frame compound that issue?

Lon
01-23-2019, 08:49 PM
A regular WC Centurion w the Vertec grips would be nice. Loved the Vertec grips on my 92’s when I had them.

Bigghoss
01-23-2019, 11:49 PM
It’s a good looking pistol. What’s the appeal of the Vertec frame? Is the main advantage the shorter trigger reach? What about for people with larger than average hands? The biggest issue I have with 92’s is where the trigger breaks. It feels too far back to me. Does this frame compound that issue?

I just went a dug out my Vertec and a regular 92. My Vertec has a different trigger that slightly reduces the reach but the spot on the back of the frame where the web of your hand goes is the same. So you should be able to drop in a regular trigger and have the reach be exactly the same.

Actually the trigger in the pic of the Wilson Combat looks more like my 92F's trigger than my Vertec's. I heard that Wilson is taking regular frames and modifying them to Vertecs in house instead of getting them from Beretta that way.

03RN
01-24-2019, 09:57 AM
I've tried really hard to like vertec guns. Just not for me. The standard frame with thin grips is perfect for me.