PDA

View Full Version : Metal holster clips

03RN
01-13-2019, 05:37 AM
Which ones are recommended right now? It will be for a jmcustom aiwb that's currently using the plastic over hooks.

I've got some stuff in my cart with bawidamann right now so might try these. http://bawidamann.com/discreet-carry-concept-gear-clip-retrofit-kit/

Yes/no? Is $28 the going price for 2?

Xhado
01-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Discreet Cary Concepts clips are the latest standard.

I love them on my Velo and Gotham.

There's lots of designs depending on what your holster requires.

https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/HLR-Discreet-Gear-Clips%E2%84%A2-c26960683

Tony Mayer
01-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Which ones are recommended right now? It will be for a jmcustom aiwb that's currently using the plastic over hooks.

I've got some stuff in my cart with bawidamann right now so might try these. http://bawidamann.com/discreet-carry-concept-gear-clip-retrofit-kit/

Yes/no? Is $28 the going price for 2?

03RN, my thoughts and opinions on them. Right now, the DCC clips are the best clip/overhook on the market, be it steel or plastic. They offer the best security of any clip out there, are very thin, and probably the biggest pro to me, they fit the belt correctly and are sized to fit either 1.5" belts or 1.75" belts.The universal height ones (the ones we use) allow very small ride height changes. I am not a fan of a clip fitting all belts (oversized to fit 1.75 and 1.5) because it allows too much rotational movement of the holster and gun, which may be a bit more comfortable as it lets the holster move with you a bit(subjective for sure), but doesn't keep the grip in the exact same position for a more consistent draw. If there is a con to these clips, I think it would be more maintenance than plastic (not a huge deal) , and the finger tab can hang up on clothing a bit (training issue more than anything, and every clip out there that has a finger tab has this issue). And, they are not cheap, but you will always get what you pay for. I am still a fan of pull the dot loops personally, but if I ever move to a clip, these would be the ones I went to for sure. They work really well!

03RN
01-13-2019, 07:45 PM
Thanks, I'm going to give them a shot.

Mirolynmonbro
01-13-2019, 09:00 PM
I'm really liking my JMCK 2.5 with the dual DCC clips

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mike C
01-13-2019, 09:13 PM
Mirolynmonbro, would you mind snapping a photo se we can see how they fit?

Mirolynmonbro
01-14-2019, 08:41 AM
I don't have a pic wearing it, but I could take one if that's what you wanted

Edit - I think this is the 2.0 not the 2.5 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190114/090ea1d5e802d808ca1b95c5b8589497.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

11B10
01-14-2019, 08:50 AM
03RN, my thoughts and opinions on them. Right now, the DCC clips are the best clip/overhook on the market, be it steel or plastic. They offer the best security of any clip out there, are very thin, and probably the biggest pro to me, they fit the belt correctly and are sized to fit either 1.5" belts or 1.75" belts.The universal height ones (the ones we use) allow very small ride height changes. I am not a fan of a clip fitting all belts (oversized to fit 1.75 and 1.5) because it allows too much rotational movement of the holster and gun, which may be a bit more comfortable as it lets the holster move with you a bit(subjective for sure), but doesn't keep the grip in the exact same position for a more consistent draw. If there is a con to these clips, I think it would be more maintenance than plastic (not a huge deal) , and the finger tab can hang up on clothing a bit (training issue more than anything, and every clip out there that has a finger tab has this issue). And, they are not cheap, but you will always get what you pay for. I am still a fan of pull the dot loops personally, but if I ever move to a clip, these would be the ones I went to for sure. They work really well!

O3rn, this ^^^^^ X Infinity! I've used many clip on holsters and the one I'm using now is just superb. It's a JMCK with the DCC clips - everything Tony said here about these clips is right on the money. I know I'll never use anything else.

03RN
01-14-2019, 09:31 AM
I ordered a set and the mag pouch is coming with one. Guess I'll try it out and see if I want to swap them out or buy another 6 for my 1911 and Beretta kydex.

Larry T
01-14-2019, 01:08 PM
I'm rotating between a Velo with the DCC clips and a JMCK 2.0 with PTD loops. I chose the DCC clips on the Velo because it was the latest greatest thing and we somehow think that next holster or belt is going to revolutionize everything and change our lives forever. Well... as clips go, they're the best I've ever used. Once snapped onto the belt, they're not coming off unless you want them off (and even then it was a bit of a job at first getting them off my belt).

Having said that, I haven't found them to do anything remarkable compared to the PTD loops.

vandal
01-14-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm finding the Raven metal clips absolutely disappear, and don't have the tab that clothes can hang up on. Being wider, on some holsters I only need one clip.

Downside, without the tab they are a pain to install/remove from the belt.
Downside, they are not height adjustable.

Gun Mutt
03-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Anyone have experience using the DCC behind the belt (https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/HLR-Discreet-Gear-Clips%E2%84%A2-c26960683) clips? How does attaching to the pants vs the belt affect carry comfort, access, shifting, etc?

Many thanks.

Irelander
03-05-2020, 10:18 AM
I just ordered some clips from concealment clips.com. Heard about them in the huge AIWB thread.

ETA: sorry didn't see that you were looking at overbooks.

mtnbkr
03-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Anyone have experience using the DCC behind the belt (https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/HLR-Discreet-Gear-Clips%E2%84%A2-c26960683) clips? How does attaching to the pants vs the belt affect carry comfort, access, shifting, etc?

Many thanks.

It didn't work for me with a gun (j-frame). It might work well for a knife or something else thin and light. I need something going over the belt to ensure proper support.

Chris

OlongJohnson
03-10-2020, 12:25 PM
I'm liking my new AIWB with the split loop, but I'm looking to reduce the overall thickness of the setup. One place where that could happen is the clip. I have the pull-the-dot soft loops on the mag carrier, and I think it's good for that, but I like the rigidity of the fixed clip on the holster. I have done a little searching and all the holster belt clips I can find seem to be clips, not loops. Basically, I'd like to duplicate the JMCK split loop setup in steel, so it's thinner. Nothing more, nothing less. Before I break out the tools and start making stuff, am I missing something? Is there something like I'm looking for that I can just go buy and haven't found yet?

Tony Mayer

Blades
03-10-2020, 06:11 PM
I'm liking my new AIWB with the split loop, but I'm looking to reduce the overall thickness of the setup. One place where that could happen is the clip. I have the pull-the-dot soft loops on the mag carrier, and I think it's good for that, but I like the rigidity of the fixed clip on the holster. I have done a little searching and all the holster belt clips I can find seem to be clips, not loops. Basically, I'd like to duplicate the JMCK split loop setup in steel, so it's thinner. Nothing more, nothing less. Before I break out the tools and start making stuff, am I missing something? Is there something like I'm looking for that I can just go buy and haven't found yet?

Tony Mayer

What about the new DCC Monoblock Gear Clip (https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/Monoblock-Gear-Clip%E2%84%A2-p166207310)?

03RN
03-10-2020, 06:32 PM
Figured i should update. I installed them on my jmcust 2.0 when i got them. Absolutely awesome. Making a 5" 1911 so easy to conceal. I just need a t shirt.

Ive posted this before

I just put a set on my bawidaman gotham but i need to find shorter screws.

Tony Mayer
03-11-2020, 01:06 PM

Tony Mayer

OlongJohnson, I am pretty sure I am the only game in town for the split loop. For a clip type, I think the new DCC Monoblock is going to be awesome. For a fixed loop system, the fixed soft loops can "adjusted" to fit your belt more snug (snugger, snugly?) and be slightly thinner than the split loop.

Thanks

tlong17
03-11-2020, 02:06 PM
The discreet carry clips on the jmck AIWB 2.0 are legit. They are extremely sturdy and take concentrated effort to take off. They are not at all like a normal clip and are super low profile. Absolutely love this set up and tony does a phenomenal job. Will post pics of the 2.0 for XCOMPACT when I get a minute.

Mark D
03-14-2020, 10:56 AM
I'll add that Tony's 1.5" spring steel clip is pretty stout too. If you need to take the holster on and off regularly, the spring steel clip may be a little more convenient than the DCC clips.