PDA

View Full Version : Diagnose this problem. Please.

JDM
03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6cd0bd7-1c77-ac6a.jpg

To the left. Always to the left.

ToddG
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
The only thing that can positively be diagnosed from a photo of a target:

When the shot breaks, the muzzle of your pistol is pointed to the left.

Without seeing you and the gun, anything else is pure speculation. It might also help a bit to know how far away the target was, how fast you were shooting, what gun it was, what sights you have on the gun, etc. But even then, without watching you shoot, it's all just guesswork.

Having said that, if you're right handed, try pressing the trigger with your finger tip instead of with your first joint.

JDM
03-10-2011, 02:06 PM
The only thing that can positively be diagnosed from a photo of a target:

When the shot breaks, the muzzle of your pistol is pointed to the left.

Without seeing you and the gun, anything else is pure speculation. It might also help a bit to know how far away the target was, how fast you were shooting, what gun it was, what sights you have on the gun, etc. But even then, without watching you shoot, it's all just guesswork.

Having said that, if you're right handed, try pressing the trigger with your finger tip instead of with your first joint.

7 yards.
1 reload 2 at a good clip
2nd generation Glock 19.
Sevigny carry sights tritium front plain black rear.

Need pictures of anything else?

I appreciate the help.

ETA: hopefully you'll get to see me shoot in august. I could use it.

gtmtnbiker98
03-10-2011, 02:20 PM
7 yards.
1 reload 2 at a good clip
2nd generation Glock 19.
Sevigny carry sights tritium front plain black rear.

Need pictures of anything else?

I appreciate the help.

ETA: hopefully you'll get to see me shoot in august. I could use it.Poor trigger control. You are either jerking or slapping would be my diagnosis. When I get sloppy, my shots start drifting low and left. Once I notice this, I reapply the basics and slow down a bit and they center back up.

jetfire
03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Todd's right, because based on that image alone I could guess at least 5 different things that could be causing the problem and without seeing you shoot I would just be whistling in the dark. I mean spitting in the rain. Wait, uh, I...nevermind.

Pistol Shooter
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Poor trigger control. You are either jerking or slapping would be my diagnosis. When I get sloppy, my shots start drifting low and left. Once I notice this, I reapply the basics and slow down a bit and they center back up.

Great advice, as usual from gtmtnbiker98. :)

When my shooting goes awry, I stop and take a quick break.

Then I reapply the basics and it helps me get back on track.

YVK
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
What I am going to say serves a purpose of emphasizing Todd's and Caleb's points:
I don't think it is a trigger control problem, at least, not alone. This appears to be a large target, with considerable (at least a couple of inches, maybe more) deviation at a relatively close range. With firm two handed grip, I find it hard to imagine one can jerk trigger that far left, although I guess everything is possible.

Ball and dummy might help to diagnose this, although OP already knows what really needs to be done.

Poor trigger control. You are either jerking or slapping would be my diagnosis. When I get sloppy, my shots start drifting low and left. Once I notice this, I reapply the basics and slow down a bit and they center back up.

JDM
03-10-2011, 10:24 PM
I've been handling my gun all night trying to figure out WTF the problem is and I believe I may have figured it out.

When I grab my pistol in a two handed hold I believe I'm squeezing my fingers closed with my support hand and pulling the gun to the left.

I'll do some live fire tomorrow and report back.