willie
01-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Sherman, you probably already have a pair, and you forgot.:rolleyes:

Baldanders
01-02-2019, 12:41 AM
Bah, Hellboy should be carrying this one that's named after him:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/MarkoR/Hellboy4.jpg

Jack Huntington built 3" birdshead Vaquero in .500 JRH

Much like a fine .600NE H&H double, this gun presents a horrible dilemma.

You will regret not shooting one if you have the chance, but if you shoot it, you will regret it.

ralph
01-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Hellboy's still a thing? Shows what I know about moives... Is that thing for real, or is it just a prop gun, that dosen't really do anything?

Sherman A. House DDS
01-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Sherman, you probably already have a pair, and you forgot.:rolleyes:

Oops. I actually had it on this whole time and completely forgot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetfire
01-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Needs this etched into the backstrap:
ƨbnɒʜ γm ɘɈɒʜ I

Can we maybe try and not summon Cthulu on the forum?

Sherman A. House DDS
01-02-2019, 01:20 PM

You need that PLUS blood and bile. Heard from a friend...

Lester Polfus
01-02-2019, 01:29 PM

I can tolerate people doing unspeakable things with shovels, but summoning a Great Old One should be right out...

JodyH
01-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Much like a fine .600NE H&H double, this gun presents a horrible dilemma.

You will regret not shooting one if you have the chance, but if you shoot it, you will regret it.

I shot some 140gr. @ 1400fps Federal .357 magnums out of my Scandium J-Frame once.

Once.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-02-2019, 01:52 PM
I have a Vote for the Greater of All Evils - Cthulhu t-shirt, that I wore to matches during the election.

BTW, the Laundry Series of novels by Charles Stross has an British secret agency that fights the Great Old Ones. Presently, the USA government is in the process of being taken over by Cthulhu while the UK is in the hands of Nyarlathotep. The agency is trying to undo this.

Their issue sidearms are:

Glock 17s that are invisible to the nonmagical public for accidental CCW exposure and loaded with banishment rounds for various supernaturals.
Cell phones that have a Basilisk app that if you take a picture of someone or thing, it turns carbon to silicon. So you are stone.
Hands of Glory.

Pretty good stories.

awp_101
01-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Have you no sense of adventure?

jetfire
01-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Have you no sense of adventure?

I left that in my other pants. My brown pants.

awp_101
01-02-2019, 02:21 PM
I shot some 140gr. @ 1400fps Federal .357 magnums out of my Scandium J-Frame once.

Once.

***Total thread derail alert***

A buddy of mine who is an experienced shooter has a "crazy Uncle". His starting loads are usually the top end loads in the manual, rocks and dynamite if you will. Crazy Uncle brings his .44 Mag to the range and hands it to my buddy to try it out. My buddy fires 1 round and puts it down. Uncle says he put 6 in so there's still 5 rounds left to fire. My buddy says "I fired it twice."

Uncle says "No, you only fired once!"

"No, I fired it twice. The first time and the LAST time!"

JAD
01-02-2019, 02:21 PM
You need that PLUS blood and bile. Heard from a friend...

I'm pretty sure that Vaquero would help you out with that too.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Bill Ruger Prescott wgah'nagl fhtagn...

Clusterfrack
01-02-2019, 02:23 PM
I was at a range next to a guy and his girlfriend. He handed her an ultralight .357 snubby and stood smirking as she fired it. BOOM. Then she quietly said, "You asshole," put the gun down and walked out. I'm guessing that guy didn't get laid.

Once.

JodyH
01-02-2019, 02:25 PM
I was at a range next to a guy and his girlfriend. He handed her an ultralight .357 snubby and stood smirking as she fired it. BOOM. Then she quietly said, "You asshole," put the gun down and walked out. I'm guessing that guy didn't get laid.
After touching of a full power 357 in my J-frame it hurt my right hand so much I didn't get laid that evening either...

Sherman A. House DDS
01-02-2019, 02:33 PM
I have a Vote for the Greater of All Evils - Cthulhu t-shirt, that I wore to matches during the election.

BTW, the Laundry Series of novels by Charles Stross has an British secret agency that fights the Great Old Ones. Presently, the USA government is in the process of being taken over by Cthulhu while the UK is in the hands of Nyarlathotep. The agency is trying to undo this.

Their issue sidearms are:

Glock 17s that are invisible to the nonmagical public for accidental CCW exposure and loaded with banishment rounds for various supernaturals.
Cell phones that have a Basilisk app that if you take a picture of someone or thing, it turns carbon to silicon. So you are stone.
Hands of Glory.

Pretty good stories.

Check out the, “Sandman Slim,” series of books.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-02-2019, 03:27 PM
I've read them. Good books. Great edged weapons - the black knife and that shape changing sword thing.

Don't know if I would want a flesh eating super vampire girl friend though.

Clusterfrack
01-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Thanks! Purchased. I need a new read.

Lester Polfus
01-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Don't know if I would want a flesh eating super vampire girl friend though.

Compared to my ex-wife, it doesn't sound so bad.

Love the Laundry Files.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-02-2019, 03:51 PM
So the Glock 43 Ex isn't good marketing?

sharps54
01-02-2019, 05:22 PM

I haven’t tried those (yet) but The Laundry series is interesting. Stross, the author, contributed D&D adventures to White Dwarf magazine back in the day.

I’m currently reading through The Adversary/Repairman Jack series by F. Paul Wilson. Interesting books (don’t judge them by the Michael Mann adaptation of The Keep) with a somewhat different mythology but the firearms research, as is too typical, is pretty horrendous. I just finished “Conspiracies” where he specifically thanks a firearms expert in the forward and still has a ton of errors. Oh well, sometimes you can’t have everything.

OlongJohnson
01-03-2019, 10:25 AM

Once.

Was it "magnums" or was it "once?"

That Guy
01-08-2019, 05:39 AM

New rule for conversations straying off topic?

Stephanie B
01-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Indeed. I’m pretty sure that the gods of prehistory have been vanquished, but if we summon one, the Almighty might say: “You dumb shits are on yer own.”

Glenn E. Meyer
01-08-2019, 10:36 AM
To continue diversion, DC comics had a character called the Spectre and one called Dr. Fate. The former was a merger of a reformed demon and a detective killed in the line of duty. He was charged with being the Wrath of God by the Almighty and probably the most powerful character for DC. He sneered at Superman. The latter was a Lord of Order who merged through a magic helmet with a PhD Anthropologist and almost but not as strong as the Spectre.

When the two first met they had to suppress a portal the USA intelligence services opened up and let in an Old One. Much uproar. However, the Old One bragged that he was going to blah, blah to Earth. He was a Lovecraftian type. The Spectre basically shoved his tentacled butt back in to the nothing-ness as he (Spectre) was the Wrath of God Almighty who created even the Old Ones (why?) and took no crap from them. Nice Geek moment.

The best Spectre vengeance moment was a a trial. A mom took her kids to the in-laws house in a van. She torched the van and the kids for some family relationship issues. At trial, she pleaded diminshed capacity and wished to see her kids again. Wah, Wah. Well, the Spectre appeared (as he is the Avenger of the unpunished murders) and said, Well - if you want to see your kids - here they are and materialized two flaming kid skeletons who advanced on and cremated Mom. The judge found the Spectre in contempt (fat lot of good that did). As the Spectre turned to go, a CNN reporter (he has guts) asked him why? He got an interview explaining the Wrath of God.

In the Laundry books, the Old Ones are basically whacked out, sadistic, blood thirsty aliens from higher dimensions that prey on weaker species. There is no evidence of any of the standard world religion pantheons - Abrahamic, Buddhist, Hindu, or others.

I apologize for knowing this stuff.

JRB
01-08-2019, 05:38 PM

Once.

I would similarly recommend against Hornady 300gr JHP's from a 329PD.

That was a 'once' experience.

SAWBONES
01-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Inadvertent duplicate post

SAWBONES
01-08-2019, 08:43 PM
I apologize for knowing this stuff.

Weirdo.

(Just kidding. Probably not a few of us know about a variety of odd and esoteric stuff. :cool:)