PDA

View Full Version : Randi Rogers left Glock this morning

GearScout
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Not sure if this goes here or in Romper room...

I know there was some chatter about Randi leaving Glock earlier this year, but it's a done deal. She gave notice and rolled out this morning. She says she got a great offer from another company in the firearms industry and will continue to compete.

I wrote a post about it over on GearScout (http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/03/09/randi-rogers-leaves-glock/)

vaglocker
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
what's up with the mass exodus over there?

rshives
03-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe she's going to Tarus with Jessie?

Savage Hands
03-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi-Point starting a team? :D

Chuck Haggard
03-09-2012, 10:27 PM
What with Gaston apparently losing his mind over family issues and hooking up with a far younger woman, I am starting to worry that Glock will end up shut down due to some huge legal cluster in the EU court system.

Maybe Randi knows something we don't.

mwilt72
03-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Post deleted

BWT
03-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Seems like a bunch of crap is rolling out about the internal workings.

Heck, with the Abbate situation, Sevigny leaving, a CEO internal scandal. Just seems like a lot was going on.

Joseph B.
03-10-2012, 03:21 AM
It’s a shame with the track record Glock had prior to rolling out the Gen 4’s (last 25 yrs) and to see it all being torn apart just sucks. I have been a “Glock guy” for about 12 years, but even so, faced with replacing my aging pistols, I decided on buying used Gen 3’s due to all the problems, now to read this stuff… Just a shame.

Hi-Point starting a team? :D

Now that is funny!

JHC
03-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Seems like a bunch of crap is rolling out about the internal workings.

Heck, with the Abbate situation, Sevigny leaving, a CEO internal scandal. Just seems like a lot was going on.

And by the standards of other industries, this is not a big company by any means. Hopefully some turnaround leadership has begun to or will settle things down and they get back on track.

Tamara
03-10-2012, 08:52 AM
It’s a shame with the track record Glock had prior to rolling out the Gen 4’s (last 25 yrs) and to see it all being torn apart just sucks. I have been a “Glock guy” for about 12 years, but even so, faced with replacing my aging pistols, I decided on buying used Gen 3’s due to all the problems, now to read this stuff… Just a shame.

It never stops turning.

jlw
03-10-2012, 09:13 AM
It always amazes me how people with such little information can come up with such conclusions. This one has gotten all the way to Glock getting shut down by the EU.

Randi Rogers had an offer from another company a few months ago but declined. Either she has rethought the offer, they upped their offer, or an even better one came along.

Sevingny didn't leave Glock by his own choosing, and other than to say that his leaving wasn't shooting related, it is best to not rehash all of that issue.

Jessie departed from Glock after she got an agent and decided to test the market.

Glock survived the loss of JulieG who from a marketing perspective was a much, much greater loss. She is nothing but 100% win on multiple levels.

Folks interested in competitive shooting pay attention to what goes on in the competitive shooting world; others, not so much. So the black jerseys won't win as many trophies this year, I expect the company will carry on just fine despite that. On the other hand, what's to say Glock won't go out and snag a big name away from somebody else or come up with a of deal for some cop in Ohio to wear their jersey?

Tamara
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
I was alluding to the Gen 4 thread drift, sorry. :o

I don't really have more than a passing interest in the business end of sports, as is witnessed by the fact that I'm probably the only person in my area code who is not in choked-up mourning over Peyton right now. ;)

SteveK
03-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Somehow I think Glock doesn't depend as much on it's shooting sports division as we would think. It provides approximately 70% of the LE market in this country and who knows how much of the world police and military market. I bet Glock survives.

KeeFus
03-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Ted Murphy posted on the IDPA forum (http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/8638/Tarus-Signs-Jessie-Harrison-Duff--Jessie-Abate--shooting-te?page=-1) that Michael Bane was reporting she was leaving Glock for Comp-Tac. I think Glock will survive. Three people down to 1 junior shooter on their "Team" is no biggie. I also think that the 70% figure is an inflation of the numbers. The M&P is making big dents into the Glock LEO market share. As for their Gen 4 products, my wife was just issued a Gen 4 G-21 earlier this week. For some reason they exchanged their G-21 SF's that they've only had 2 years. Her comments were along the lines of people were having FTF issues with them on the firing line. If there is an achilles heel for Glock it will be their Gen 4 pistols, not their competitive shooters.

GearScout
03-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Randi is indeed working for Comp-Tac. I just got a press release from them.

Chuck Haggard
03-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Reading the story here;

http://www.shootingwire.com/

It all makes sense now.