PDA

View Full Version : QLS vs Tek-Lok

einherjarvalk
12-27-2018, 04:55 PM
I just placed an order for an RHT competition holster for my Elite LTT and asked to have RHT use QLS mounting pattern holes on the holster, since that's the system I've been using for most of my holster so far. However, I realized shortly after that most competition-minded holster equipment (drop hangers, etc.) seems to use the BladeTech Tek-Lok pattern for mounting rather than the QLS pattern.

Is it worth asking to have my order switched over to the Tek-Lok pattern instead of the QLS I've been using for other guns that aren't being set up for competition shooting? I'm not quite sure what the benefits of the BladeTech pattern would be aside from more mounting options. I intended to buy a QLS fork for this and use my existing belt clip, but it might actually just be cheaper to buy a Tek-Lok clip and leave it semi-permanently mounted to the new holster instead, leaving me with the option of using a Springer Precision or similar hangar down the line.

GJM
12-27-2018, 04:59 PM
I just placed an order for an RHT competition holster for my Elite LTT and asked to have RHT use QLS mounting pattern holes on the holster, since that's the system I've been using for most of my holster so far. However, I realized shortly after that most competition-minded holster equipment (drop hangers, etc.) seems to use the BladeTech Tek-Lok pattern for mounting rather than the QLS pattern.

Is it worth asking to have my order switched over to the Tek-Lok pattern instead of the QLS I've been using for other guns that aren't being set up for competition shooting? I'm not quite sure what the benefits of the BladeTech pattern would be aside from more mounting options. I intended to buy a QLS fork for this and use my existing belt clip, but it might actually just be cheaper to buy a Tek-Lok clip and leave it semi-permanently mounted to the new holster instead, leaving me with the option of using a Springer Precision or similar hangar down the line.

I exclusively use Blade-Tech hole pattern holsters on BOSS hangars for my comp rigs.

einherjarvalk
12-27-2018, 05:04 PM
In addition to having more hanger options than the mid-ride UBL, is the Tek-Lok pattern more stable as well?

GJM
12-27-2018, 05:17 PM
In addition to having more hanger options than the mid-ride UBL, is the Tek-Lok pattern more stable as well?

I like BT direct mount as I find it more stable than TEK LOK, and it keeps the holster closer to my belt.

GJM
12-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Here is my CO rig.

einherjarvalk
12-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the photos. I think I'm going to request a switchover to BladeTech pattern; I'm fairly certain I have an old Adjustable Stingray belt loop somewhere around here and at bare minimum finding parts for BladeTech patterns seems much easier than figuring out what goes with what with Safariland. If I decide I really want a QLS holster down the line, I can always order another holster.

orionz06
12-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Blade-Tech and Boss, ideally with the lower holes on the holster for stability. The Springer hanger may allow things to get wobbly on heavier guns.