PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the (NASA) Nerds

awp_101
12-18-2018, 09:01 AM
https://youtu.be/xoxhDk-hwuo

Guerrero
12-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Could we do that with some sort of pepper spray bomb?

Asking for a friend.

Jim Watson
12-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Pepper spray with permanent dye.

I can think of lots of other things to load a bait package with, but unfortunately most would be considered "mantraps" which are illegal.

theJanitor
12-18-2018, 12:35 PM
That was great. Sucks that he had three assholes steal it off his property

beenalongtime
12-18-2018, 01:50 PM
How expensive were those phones to risk it?

mtnbkr
12-18-2018, 01:55 PM
How expensive were those phones to risk it?

You can get refurbs, old models, and used phones for next to nothing. Cheap pay-as-you-go plans for a month or two would cost less than $100 for the entire set of phones.

Chris

ranger
12-18-2018, 02:19 PM
They should sell those. Would be a great deterrent.

RevolverRob
12-18-2018, 02:31 PM
At first I was like, "This is a lot of effort." Then I watched the results...AMAZING. People just dumbfounded by it. "What the...oh hell no..." That's what you get for being a fucking piece of shit thief.

I'm totally down with a pepper spray with dye.

Also amazed at the number of people who walk right up to a house that clearly has cameras and just steal the packages.

Inkwell 41
12-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Pepper spray with permanent dye.

I can think of lots of other things to load a bait package with, but unfortunately most would be considered "mantraps" which are illegal.

Sooooo.... Ricin, polonium and anthrax are out, then?

I'm asking for a friend too.

Joe in PNG
12-18-2018, 03:16 PM
Once heard someone suggest curbing bicycle theft via filling the frame with thermite and an odometer trigger.
But that would be a serious felony I'm sure.

Stephanie B
12-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Once heard someone suggest curbing bicycle theft via filling the frame with thermite and an odometer trigger.
I think that’s a safe bet.

dontshakepandas
12-18-2018, 03:48 PM
I saw this earlier and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hambo
12-18-2018, 05:41 PM
While I'd love a half pound of C4 in one, I would settle for "decomposed body" smell in one.

peterb
12-18-2018, 05:57 PM
While I'd love a half pound of C4 in one, I would settle for "decomposed body" smell in one.

Raw shrimp, well aged, shredded and scattered might be just the thing......

olstyn
12-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Saw that this morning via another site. Hilarious, but I kind of wonder if there's significant worry about retribution; the thieves obviously know where the guy lives, after all.

SeriousStudent
12-18-2018, 08:03 PM

Au contraire, it sounds like a pretty hilarious felony to me. I do hate porch pirates.

I probably just have a different sense of humor.

GuanoLoco
12-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Saw that this morning via another site. Hilarious, but I kind of wonder if there's significant worry about retribution; the thieves obviously know where the guy lives, after all.

I doubt they could even remember where they got it.

awp_101
12-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Could we do that with some sort of pepper spray bomb?

Asking for a friend.

Sooooo.... Ricin, polonium and anthrax are out, then?

I'm asking for a friend too.

All great suggestions. I was thinking glitter encrusted C4 or a flash bang...

GuanoLoco
12-18-2018, 09:52 PM
Au contraire, it sounds like a pretty hilarious felony to me. I do hate porch pirates.

I probably just have a different sense of humor.

There are YouTube videos of guys planting bikes that, after being stolen and ridden down hills while being secretly videotaped, somehow spontaneously separate into a front half and a back half.

Pain, embarrassment and hilarity (for the observers) ensue.

BehindBlueI's
12-18-2018, 10:02 PM
I got a nice little write up for snagging two porch pirates in two days last week. Fuck those guys.

GuanoLoco
12-18-2018, 10:06 PM
I got a nice little write up for snagging two porch pirates in two days last week. Fuck those guys.

Agreed. Curious: What do they get charged with? Petty theft? Misdemeanor?

BehindBlueI's
12-18-2018, 10:13 PM
Agreed. Curious: What do they get charged with? Petty theft? Misdemeanor?

Felony 6 theft on one due to a prior conviction. Felony 6 theft, possession of paraphernalia, illegal possession of a syringe on the other.

In my state there is no "petty theft". If you steal something under $750, it's not a gun, and have no prior it's a misdemeanor. If it's a gun, over $750, or you've got a prior theft conviction, it's a felony.

GuanoLoco
12-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Felony 6 theft on one due to a prior conviction. Felony 6 theft, possession of paraphernalia, illegal possession of a syringe on the other.

In my state there is no "petty theft". If you steal something under $750, it's not a gun, and have no prior it's a misdemeanor. If it's a gun, over $750, or you've got a prior theft conviction, it's a felony.

For the feloniously iggerant, like me: https://www.jbkatzlaw.com/blog/2016/05/what-is-a-class-6-felony.shtml

Also curious: Was either already a felon? No need to answer if I am prying too far.

awp_101
12-18-2018, 11:13 PM
What do they get charged with?
Hopefully a minimum of 120V to the wedding tackle. Or am I misreading the question?

BehindBlueI's
12-18-2018, 11:26 PM
For the feloniously iggerant, like me: https://www.jbkatzlaw.com/blog/2016/05/what-is-a-class-6-felony.shtml

Also curious: Was either already a felon? No need to answer if I am prying too far.

Both were, and syringe guy was on probation.

HCM
12-18-2018, 11:45 PM

I think that’s a safe bet.

Illegal, but not immoral.

GuanoLoco
12-18-2018, 11:47 PM
Well, I guess what’s one more class bush league 6 felony if you are already a felon?

If you are on probation I suppose you might lose that.

Warning: I am totally out of my element here. Excuse my iggerance.

SeriousStudent
12-19-2018, 12:29 AM
There are YouTube videos of guys planting bikes that, after being stolen and ridden down hills while being secretly videotaped, somehow spontaneously separate into a front half and a back half.

Pain, embarrassment and hilarity (for the observers) ensue.

With any luck, a steep hill was also involved.

Schadenfruede is my favorite flavor of ice cream, by the way. I just hate thieves.

Hambo
12-19-2018, 06:34 AM
Well, I guess what’s one more class bush league 6 felony if you are already a felon?

VOP hearings take maybe five minutes, during which the prosecutor shows that the subject was A) on probation and B) how probation was violated, and then the judge sentences them to serve the entire sentence they had previously avoided. So if you were on probation from a five year felony and violate, you're off to DOC for five years, of which you have to do 80% by statute. AMF. :D

Now does your average criminal care? Not really, because they were going away before probation, and probation just gave them time to get high, commit crimes, and enjoy life. But it is fun to watch a one sided hearing with a happy ending.

Hambo
12-19-2018, 06:38 AM
Raw shrimp, well aged, shredded and scattered might be just the thing......

I like the way you think. Something that makes them want to torch their car after they open the surprise would be perfect.

BehindBlueI's
12-19-2018, 07:54 AM

Warning: I am totally out of my element here. Excuse my iggerance.

No, you're on track. It's not like they are going to miss work or anything. Days to weeks in lockup, then back out to steal to support their habits again.

awp_101
12-19-2018, 08:19 AM
Also amazed at the number of people who walk right up to a house that clearly has cameras and just steal the packages.
Unless/until it makes the news, they're low priority so they've forgotten consequences are still a part of the stupid people/places/things flow chart.

Doc_Glock
12-19-2018, 08:27 AM
I am shocked at how easily he found takers, and how well to do the thieves appeared. They were doing okay based on the cars and housewares.

#Shelteredlife (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=Shelteredlife) .

Bart Carter
12-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Doesn't Texas allow lethal force to protect your property?

Doesn't Texas have considerable less stolen packages problems?

Just asking for a friend. :p