PDA

View Full Version : Wilson combat vertec 92g

TacticalFun
12-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Trigger is a little long. Frame is great. Very accuarate. Only about 250 rounds fired so far.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181215/bb95a695fd90fe9bf2ce39d67434ebb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

JimLob65
12-15-2018, 05:04 PM
I think this is a really intriguing offer by WC, and a pretty good deal when you take into consideration what the package includes. I have been curious as to whether there have been any cosmetic QC issues with them like there were with some Cen Tacs, but which haven't been evident with the LTT pistols.

Let us know how it shoots once you get some more rounds through it.

TacticalFun
12-15-2018, 05:20 PM
I think this is a really intriguing offer by WC, and a pretty good deal when you take into consideration what the package includes. I have been curious as to whether there have been any cosmetic QC issues with them like there were with some Cen Tacs, but which haven't been evident with the LTT pistols.

Let us know how it shoots once you get some more rounds through it.Will do. Taking it out again tomorrow.

BobRockefeller
12-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Trigger is a little long.

Wilson Combat sells a short reach trigger that helps a little bit. It’s just enough for me if I mount a set of ultra thin grips.

TacticalFun
12-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Wilson Combat sells a short reach trigger that helps a little bit. It’s just enough for me if I mount a set of ultra thin grips.This supposedly has the short trigger, trigger bar and hammer in it. Its not bad. I'm used to sti and zev race guns.

pastaslinger
12-15-2018, 08:05 PM

Let us know how it shoots once you get some more rounds through it.

How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec pattern

JimLob65
12-15-2018, 08:19 PM
How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec pattern

Yes, it is $300 more expensive than the Brig Tac w/o the action tune & mag guide. Add the action tune & mag guide to the Brig Tac (features that are standard on the new pistol) and you are paying roughly $125 more for the frame work and finish. It is a personal decision as to whether you prefer the Vertec frame.

TacticalFun
12-15-2018, 08:21 PM
How is this a good deal? $300 more than a brig tac to make the frame into the inferior vertec patternWhat makes it inferior? I own both of the other wc and the ltt and this is just as nice as those.

Bucky
12-16-2018, 06:21 AM

I personally prefer the more traditional frame, but many like the flatter back profile. I also prefer the arched mainspring housing on a 1911, though many prefer flat.

pyrotechnic
12-19-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm a long time lurker here, but figured I'd register and post in this thread. I picked up a Wilson vertec / BrigTac a little bit ago. I'd had the opportunity to shoot a BrigTac a couple years ago and had been coveting one ever since.

I was eyeing the Cent/Tac but read about some QC issues that a couple people were unhappy with. I ordered the vertec because I figured the extra work Wilson was doing would hopefully keep anything from slipping through, as I was ordering sight unseen.

I know some people say they shoot the standard frame better, but as I have pretty much zero time on the Beretta anyways, I figured the vertec frame would be just fine.

I've been shooting Glocks for years and this is my first serious attempt to master a DA/SA pistol. I also haven't been this excited about a new pistol in a really long time. So far I have put about 1k through it and other than my support side palm riding the slide stop/release and preventing it from locking back it's ran fine.

Target was the 10/10/10 drill shot from the ready as I didn't have a holster yet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181220/550765c5b613fb045b0b78afce10c943.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

awmp
03-14-2019, 05:48 AM
Same pistol I'm looking at buying any more details?

CraigS
03-14-2019, 09:00 AM
Pyrotechnic, there was someone on the Beretta forum a while back had the same problem. He thinned down the slide stop lever a bit and solved it.

pyrotechnic
03-14-2019, 09:13 AM
Craig,
Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to shoot the last several months, but I'll be home this coming month and, weather permitting, plan to shoot quite a bit. I'm pretty sure that I can sort the issue out by working on my grip. I'm going to try to work the software side a bit before I modify the pistol.

Thanks again.

tgoldie00
03-14-2019, 11:05 AM
I have handled a couple of the Vertec Wilson Brigs now (but not shot one) and I think they are a very compelling offering. Wilson also just released a Vertec Centurion (black grips) for those folks who don't need all of the extra weight in the slide the brig offers (and a slightly shorter slide/barrel, buit still very much a full-size "duty" pistol by virtually any standard). I previously owned a Wilson Centurion (regret selling it) without trigger work, and it was a fine pistol - a fantastic shooter.

I just purchased a Langdon LTT 92G with Trigger Job (from Langdon direct to me FFL) and it is also a peach - no doubt about it. Both Wilson and Langdon bring compelling, well-built, premium Beretta offerings to the table, and ANY fan of the 92 platform would at least be silly not to take a look at one and handle it should the opportunity arise. The DA action is perhaps only bested, in my inventory, by my CZ Shadow-Line Compact (from CZ Custom), and even then, my opinion is certainly subjective. The DA on the LTT is superb in every respect, and the SA crisp and light as well.

Are super-fantastic 92s for everyone, of course not - but both the standard 92 frame profile and the Vertec profile address the multitude of preferences in the market, and address them accordingly. As a 1911 enthusiast, it is hard for me to discount the appeal of the Vertec frame (and I am sure I will have one sooner or later - be it a Wilson or an M9A3), even though I love the standard frame/grip as well. Why folks are getting bent over which one is “better,” or otherwise seems silly, and frankly reminds me a bit of a busy plastic-fantastic forum that doesn’t acknowledge the existence of pistols prior to the 1980s when they made their way over from Austria….

Alpha Sierra
03-14-2019, 12:02 PM
It's a great deal if the "superior" normal 92 frame's grip is a bit too much for your hands.

KevH
03-14-2019, 01:10 PM

...and the Vertec is inferior (vs. just different) how?

pyrotechnic
04-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Well, I've put about another 1000 rnds through the vertec/brig-tac. I'm really enjoying shooting this thing. After years of shooting Glocks almost exclusively it's teaching me a thing or two.

I always shoot left (I'm a righty) with Glocks unless I use the pad of my finger, this allows me to press straight to the rear and keeps the rest of the finger from contacting the frame during the press. I also really grip the piss out of it with my support hand, masking any trigger press mistakes. I've had very good success with this.

With the Beretta, I've had my best success burying my trigger finger as far as it will go and gripping the piss out of it with my firing hand. I have a tendency to throw shots right if I do otherwise, especially the DA shot.

I'm still intermittently riding the slide stop with my support side palm, but it's getting better.

usmc_k9_vet
04-07-2019, 01:29 AM
Well, I've put about another 1000 rnds through the vertec/brig-tac. I'm really enjoying shooting this thing. After years of shooting Glocks almost exclusively it's teaching me a thing or two.

I always shoot left (I'm a righty) with Glocks unless I use the pad of my finger, this allows me to press straight to the rear and keeps the rest of the finger from contacting the frame during the press. I also really grip the piss out of it with my support hand, masking any trigger press mistakes. I've had very good success with this.

With the Beretta, I've had my best success burying my trigger finger as far as it will go and gripping the piss out of it with my firing hand. I have a tendency to throw shots right if I do otherwise, especially the DA shot.

I'm still intermittently riding the slide stop with my support side palm, but it's getting better.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Vertec Brig Tac. These have me very interested in picking up one of the Vertec models, but I am also curious to see if Langdon is going to be coming out with any new models. Anyway, thank you for sharing. Let's see a pic or two if you have a chance.

Whirlwind06
04-07-2019, 06:30 AM
As a 1911 enthusiast, it is hard for me to discount the appeal of the Vertec frame (and I am sure I will have one sooner or later - be it a Wilson or an M9A3), even though I love the standard frame/grip as well. .

I didn't realize that the M9A3 had a different frame angle. Does 92 grip panels and parts fit into the vertec/M9A3 frame?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cyberiad
04-07-2019, 08:49 AM
I didn't realize that the M9A3 had a different frame angle. Does 92 grip panels and parts fit into the vertec/M9A3 frame?

As far as I am aware, all parts interchange between 'standard frame' and vertec frame 92s except the grips plates (not including the 92A1).

Duelist
04-07-2019, 08:57 AM

I don’t see how the grip panels from the standard frame would work on a Vertec. I’ve seen someone use Vertec panels on a standard frame. The internal parts should be interchangeable.

HCM
04-07-2019, 01:40 PM
I don’t see how the grip panels from the standard frame would work on a Vertec. I’ve seen someone use Vertec panels on a standard frame. The internal parts should be interchangeable.

They won’t but the Beretta wrap around grip for the M9A3 which approximates the standard 92 grip will work on any Vertec frame.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/wrap-around-backstrap-m9a3-backstrap/ud5a1517/

Bucky
04-07-2019, 04:53 PM

I use Factory Vertec grips on my Elite 2. The give a little slimmer feel.

pyrotechnic
04-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Vertec Brig Tac. These have me very interested in picking up one of the Vertec models, but I am also curious to see if Langdon is going to be coming out with any new models. Anyway, thank you for sharing. Let's see a pic or two if you have a chance.Said pistol with a new Halloran 360 I'm also really excited about.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190411/3c918dc228c4d3d3fe1579d446ea3624.jpg

theJanitor
04-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Tom makes a great knife

usmc_k9_vet
04-10-2019, 11:41 PM
Said pistol with a new Halloran 360 I'm also really excited about.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190411/3c918dc228c4d3d3fe1579d446ea3624.jpg

Very cool. Looks great!

newt
05-03-2019, 01:01 PM
pyrotechnic

Apparently we shop at the same store. Smaller Vertec, Smaller Halloran 360. :)

pyrotechnic
05-03-2019, 06:41 PM
pyrotechnic

Apparently we shop at the same store. Smaller Vertec, Smaller Halloran 360. :)

37766That's a good looking pair!