PDA

View Full Version : Nomad9 "Glock 19" Frame

Tokarev
12-10-2018, 12:45 PM
It looks like these are finally shipping. Has anyone tried one yet?

Things I might like:

Extended Beavertail Should Prevent Slide Bite
Complete Frame (Minus Guts) Not 80%
Texturing Looks Nice

Things I might not like:

Gen4 Parts Not as Common as Gen3
May or May Not Work with Most Holsters

There's also the issue of an unknown here. Is the plastic of good durability? Will the edges of the mag well hold up well to constant bumps and jars from inserting a mag? Will the frame survive normal wear and tear? What about from being dropped from about chest height?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=hh4R-ZYC4vk

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-defense-9-frame-glock-19/

rathos
12-11-2018, 01:57 AM
Yeah got one of the pre-orders. Goes together like a gen 5 (apparently) with gen 4 parts. The frame feels super nice. I haven't been able to shoot it yet, but everything fit in and functioned in the gun (tested the firing pin with a piece of tape in to verify it was going through). It fit in all of my holsters even with the edges it has near the front of the frame for resting your thumbs on. I have done a few hundred insertions of the mag in malfunction dry fires, and so far nothing looks out of the ordinary. The only thing that is concerning is the trigger housing pin is very loose, so it seems like it might shoot loose. I will have to keep an eye on that once it sees some live fire.

Tokarev
12-11-2018, 07:54 AM
The only thing that is concerning is the trigger housing pin is very loose, so it seems like it might shoot loose. I will have to keep an eye on that once it sees some live fire.

The shape of the grip reminds me of what CCF Race Frames was doing but the trigger guard reminds me of an M&P.

Not much info out there yet on these. Please keep up posted on how the frame works.

Tokarev
12-11-2018, 07:58 AM
Here's a pic I stole off instagram. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/14bc916e2bab1778767a2f739971aaf7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LittleLebowski
12-11-2018, 09:27 AM
I like the looks of it, looks like an M&P.

Texaspoff
12-11-2018, 09:35 AM
I like where this one is going. Holster fitment especially in the Safariland and Kydex holsters would be an issue for me. Otherwise I like it a lot, especially since someone at this company was thinking how a proper adjustable backstrap system should work. The guy who designed this frame understands how a handgun should fit a shooter and everything is in the right place.

Oversized trigger guard, beavertail correctly added to the frame, better texturing, and reducing the backstrap hump with a well done adjustable backstrap system. This answers about 95% of what people complain about with the glock.

This looks very much like a factory manufactured frame rather than an aftermarket frame. I have said it a million times, Glock themselves could build something like this if they would go with a reinforced polymer rather than their current formula.

I might have to grab one of these just for fun.

Kinda reminds me of the newer S&W Sigma frame wise. That's not a bad thing either as far as ergos go.

TXPO

Shawnw
12-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Looks well made and higher quality than the P80, however the lack of holster compatibility is a real deal killer. Why can’t these companies just keel the frame rail and trigger guard current holster compatible? Of the frame enhancements I would look at when deciding on an aftermarket frame, those two are pretty low on the list and making them non current holster compatible really negates all the other advantages, for me anyway.

Tokarev
12-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Looks well made and higher quality than the P80, however the lack of holster compatibility is a real deal killer. Why can’t these companies just keel the frame rail and trigger guard current holster compatible? Of the frame enhancements I would look at when deciding on an aftermarket frame, those two are pretty low on the list and making them non current holster compatible really negates all the other advantages, for me anyway.

According to this fellow the Nomad with WML will fit (at least some) holsters designed for the Glock 19 and WML. Jump towards the end of the video for some holster info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZVZZVKbhM

Tokarev
12-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Boogeyman Customs slide coupled with Dave Modz stippling. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181211/8e203e672b15c74b9497041d0efa65fa.jpg

rathos
12-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Some tightly molded kydex it was a hard fit, like some blade tech and the raven perun. The bravo concealment appendix holsters fit good with no issues. For duty holsters I only have the red dot als and all of my 19s wear a red dot so I can't really test how it would fit in an SLS holster. However, being als the trigger guard had no effect on fit. I tested a few VM2 style holsters I had in leather and they worked fine, along with a JRC OWB leather holster. my summer special 2 also worked with no issues. If anything, the holsters that it was tight in it gave them more retention. I wear my belt tight enough that while it was harder to draw the pistol, it didn't seem to slow down my draw (did some dry fires with the surefire timer app). With all the benefits of this frame for me, a few holsters being tight wouldn't keep me from buying more.

I like where this one is going. Holster fitment especially in the Safariland and Kydex holsters would be an issue for me. Otherwise I like it a lot, especially since someone at this company was thinking how a proper adjustable backstrap system should work. The guy who designed this frame understands how a handgun should fit a shooter and everything is in the right place.

Oversized trigger guard, beavertail correctly added to the frame, better texturing, and reducing the backstrap hump with a well done adjustable backstrap system. This answers about 95% of what people complain about with the glock.

This looks very much like a factory manufactured frame rather than an aftermarket frame. I have said it a million times, Glock themselves could build something like this if they would go with a reinforced polymer rather than their current formula.

I might have to grab one of these just for fun.

Kinda reminds me of the newer S&W Sigma frame wise. That's not a bad thing either as far as ergos go.

TXPO

Tokarev
12-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Some tightly molded kydex it was a hard fit, like some blade tech and the raven perun. The bravo concealment appendix holsters fit good with no issues. For duty holsters I only have the red dot als and all of my 19s wear a red dot so I can't really test how it would fit in an SLS holster. However, being als the trigger guard had no effect on fit. I tested a few VM2 style holsters I had in leather and they worked fine, along with a JRC OWB leather holster. my summer special 2 also worked with no issues. If anything, the holsters that it was tight in it gave them more retention. I wear my belt tight enough that while it was harder to draw the pistol, it didn't seem to slow down my draw (did some dry fires with the surefire timer app). With all the benefits of this frame for me, a few holsters being tight wouldn't keep me from buying more.Would you mind posting up some general pics of the frame? Maybe the interior of the mag well and some other views of the inside.

rathos
12-12-2018, 07:23 PM
I didn't have time to pull the guts out yet for any pics (let me know if you want some of those) but here is what I thought might be needed based on comments:

Tony Mayer
12-12-2018, 11:28 PM
We have a frame on order, should have some molds made up for it in the next month or so!

Tokarev
12-13-2018, 07:07 AM
We have a frame on order, should have some molds made up for it in the next month or so!Cool.

I think I'll get a frame right after the holidays. Top it off with a barrel and slide from Brownell's.

Tokarev
12-13-2018, 07:10 AM
I didn't have time to pull the guts out yet for any pics (let me know if you want some of those) ..

These photos get the point across. Thanks. I'm glad to see there aren't any big seams or flash on the frame. It looks nice.

Just how loose is that one pin? I've seen some factory Glock frames that take quite a bit of work to remove. Others come out without a whole lot of effort. But they all seem to stay in place.

rathos
12-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Trigger housing pin pushes out very easy as in I can do it with my finger if I have enough of a nail to get in the hole.

The actual pin that goes in the trigger and slide stop in the front is pretty solid. It is a bitch to get out.

These photos get the point across. Thanks. I'm glad to see there aren't any big seams or flash on the frame. It looks nice.

Just how loose is that one pin? I've seen some factory Glock frames that take quite a bit of work to remove. Others come out without a whole lot of effort. But they all seem to stay in place.

Tokarev
12-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Trigger housing pin pushes out very easy as in I can do it with my finger if I have enough of a nail to get in the hole.

The actual pin that goes in the trigger and slide stop in the front is pretty solid. It is a bitch to get out.Hmm. Yeah that might be too loose.

Obvious next question. Have you tried a different trigger housing pin?

rathos
12-13-2018, 05:35 PM
Yes, the one that came with the frame and one from a glock parts kit.

Tokarev
12-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Yes, the one that came with the frame and one from a glock parts kit.That sucks. I have an email address if you want to drop Nomad a line. No phone number, unfortunately.

Tokarev
12-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I was visiting a small shop yesterday that had a good stock of Gen 4 and Gen 5 pistols. The prevalent pattern currently seems to be the 19X/45 series that combine a 19 slide with a 17 frame.

This got me thinking about future Nomad products. I'd guess there would be good aftermarket interest in a frame that allows for the pairing of a Gen 3 19 slide on a frame that takes 17rd mags.

Anyone want to see something like that on the market? Maybe an email campaign is in order.

Tokarev
12-22-2018, 11:44 AM
rathos

Did you get time to shoot an assembled pistol?

rathos
12-22-2018, 11:41 PM
Tokarev no not yet. Our range got shut down due to ricochets (that is what happens when you rent it out 10 times as much as it normally is to other agencies) so I haven't been able to shoot. I am going out the day after christmas so we will see how it goes.

Tokarev
12-24-2018, 12:49 PM
I went ahead and ordered a frame. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of this week or early next.

Merry Christmas!

Tokarev
12-26-2018, 09:37 PM
No time to get it assembled. What? I can't spare five minutes?

Interesting this is made by

https://www.kuicoinc.comhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181227/e633a7ad5f5d2abf792d66177efb8807.jpg

Tokarev
12-27-2018, 12:05 AM
Here's a pic I found online. What do we know about the Atom slide from Unity Tactical?

I like the idea of the different plates that can be used for different sight options. Do these work okay in practice?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181227/ccc3b9d8b93b31a45204bee8e5ad2419.jpg

ChaseN
12-27-2018, 07:59 AM
Here's a pic I found online. What do we know about the Atom slide from Unity Tactical?

I like the idea of the different plates that can be used for different sight options. Do these work okay in practice?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181227/ccc3b9d8b93b31a45204bee8e5ad2419.jpg

The ATOM plates are good to go. As much as it pains me to admit though, the new Agency Optic System looks like it may be the better option. Time will tell.

Tokarev
12-27-2018, 09:31 AM
The ATOM plates are good to go. As much as it pains me to admit though, the new Agency Optic System looks like it may be the better option. Time will tell.I've just learned of the Agency plate. Do they have any licensed installers let or just Agency?

ChaseN
12-27-2018, 01:22 PM
I've just learned of the Agency plate. Do they have any licensed installers let or just Agency?

I'm not aware yet. I hope they do license outside installers to reduce the cost & wait time though. That said I'm picking up my Nomad frame this Saturday and may just bite the bullet to send an old 19 slide I've got sitting around to agency to start testing the AOS.

Tokarev
01-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Here's my frame with a Brownell's Gen4 slide and Victory First/Brownell's G19 barrel. All other parts are factory Glock.

The assembled handgun fits pretty well in a used and worn Bianchi #120 so I assume it'll work okay in other leather as well. At least other leather that's not super tight and/or boned for a Glock. The #120 has been used previously with a CZ P10C so maybe it has been stretched out a bit.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190103/8817ddcdde56b8488496b64dbdb6c464.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190103/b57a5b43033c4d6ba9d7884b0412ad4d.jpg

Tokarev
01-04-2019, 08:12 AM
No big surprise here but the pistol fits into my Safariland light bearing holster just fine with a TLR-1 attached. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/73a46b128d6b08099607b91fab7f445c.jpg

Tokarev
01-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Okay. 150 rounds fired. Ammo used was a mix of 124gr Gold Dot and a 135gr reload that makes minor from my P320C. I used three factory Glock mags and two Magpul mags.

I started off by shooting a few 5rd groups from 15 yards to get a feel for the grip and trigger. I also dumped a couple mags as fast as possible. I finished off shooting right and left hand only. Did a bit of work from the holster and performed a couple reloading drills from slide lock.

No tremendous surprise but the gun ran fine in all instances outside of a failure to fire. I tried this one cartridge a second time to no avail.

I do note that the sear housing pin is offset a little to the right. Did it move while in use or did I not center it during assembly? I'll clean the gun now and push the pin to center and take note next time out. Another thing I need to check is whether or not the gun will function with the light attached.

Mandatory photo included...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/f0b43bdcee6334e4f96bf1ca5efa856f.jpg

Tokarev
01-05-2019, 06:35 PM
One anomaly discovered. I see a small shiny spot on the bottom of the barrel and I also note that the back end of the recoil spring guide rod is bent just a little bit. Is this caused by the aftermarket top end or is it a problem caused by the frame?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/86886f6f4658ad5f4be746d5e7dbd4d2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/e9b930ab20ecc1d4f0a081e282ac251d.jpg

Tokarev
01-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Another 150 rounds fired.

The sear housing pin is walked over to the right side of the grip a bit. I assume it won't walk out any further with a shooting grip on the pistol. I'll email Nomad to see if they have any comments.

More alarmingly the recoil spring assembly is taking a pretty good beating. I don't have a Gen4 Glock to compare but I assume this isn't natural.

I don't want to dump a ton of money into this thing so maybe the next thing to do is get a cheap Factory top-end off of GunBroker and see what that does. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/aaa711d864ca241da7393ae095ad0626.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/fde349799dbd61dd7f40026df421f424.jpg

ChaseN
01-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Started building mine up this afternoon. Feels and points fabulously with the small backstrap installed. Wearing my 7 or 8k round old OEM glock slide cut by fire4effect in their stingray pattern. Sights are custom Dawson Precision black rear/tritium front that cowitness with the direct mount DPP that lives on this slide, light is the XC1-B that I got as a warranty replacement for my original XC1. Hasn't let me down yet.

Internals will of course be 100% stock gen 4 glock 19 because I am not smarter than an Austrian engineer. Save for a Mayhem Syndicate Carry Comp + barrel that will be furiously tested.

And since I worry about such things when I start mucking with Glock's formula, sear engagement is essentially 100%.

Tokarev
01-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Started building mine up this afternoon. Feels and points fabulously with the small backstrap installed. Wearing my 7 or 8k round old OEM glock slide cut by fire4effect in their stingray pattern. Sights are custom Dawson Precision black rear/tritium front that cowitness with the direct mount DPP that lives on this slide, light is the XC1-B that I got as a warranty replacement for my original XC1. Hasn't let me down yet.

Internals will of course be 100% stock gen 4 glock 19 because I am not smarter than an Austrian engineer. Save for a Mayhem Syndicate Carry Comp + barrel that will be furiously tested.

And since I worry about such things when I start mucking with Glock's formula, sear engagement is essentially 100%.

33942I don't have anything done by Fire 4 Effect but the one slide I've seen that they machined looked nice. I might have to send one in for some machining. I'll probably have them cut a slide to accept the Unity Tactical red dot plate.

How did your frame go together? Is the ejector housing pin snug?

ChaseN
01-08-2019, 08:15 AM
The F4E slide is indeed a quality piece. I had it done in early 2016 and they were the only guys I could convince to put a DPP in front of the rear dovetail on a glock slide at the time. I'm no fan of the piggyback backup sight Leupold makes for the DPP.
So far the frame went together just like a stock frame. Sear pin seems equally snug as any other, but time spent shooting will tell. Unfortunately that will be a while until I get that mayhem comp and barrel in, not sure what I did with the stock barrel :rolleyes:

Recoil spring seems to mate to the frame normally - this is where it actually sits under recoil I think? Isn't the barrel capture notch just to ease reassembly?

Tokarev
01-09-2019, 09:07 PM
A quick update:

I contacted Nomad Defense about the loose trigger housing pin and they are going to swap out this frame for a new one. I'll update ASAP.

CraigS
01-10-2019, 09:01 AM
I was at a gun show 2 weeks ago looking at an 80% frame. I asked if it would fit my wife's gen 4 G19 and he said no. Something about each new gen is patented so have to wait for that to expire. So was that all BS or is this a different category than the 80% so it can be sold for a Gen 4?

Tokarev
01-10-2019, 09:59 AM
I was at a gun show 2 weeks ago looking at an 80% frame. I asked if it would fit my wife's gen 4 G19 and he said no. Something about each new gen is patented so have to wait for that to expire. So was that all BS or is this a different category than the 80% so it can be sold for a Gen 4?

Unless several companies are simply violating Glock's patent rights I'm going to call BS. There aren't a whole lot of G4 frame options (Nomad is the only source I'm aware of) but there are a bunch of places selling G4 pattern slides.

Tokarev
01-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Pretty nice review.

https://loadoutroom.com/112208/nomad-defense-subtle-changes-big-improvements/

Tokarev
01-23-2019, 07:59 AM
https://www.recoilweb.com/the-nomad-9-g19-lower-145239.html

feudist
02-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Does this frame have a different grip angle than the OEM?

Tokarev
02-12-2019, 01:16 AM
Does this frame have a different grip angle than the OEM? The grip angle is changed slightly with the change in back straps. The middle one feels best to me and is the one installed in the frame from factory. The gun still points a little high but not as high as a stock 19.

rathos
02-19-2019, 03:55 AM
Finally got a chance to put a few rounds through mine. Fired two G17 mags of 147 grain, 2 mags of 124 grain (both american eagle) and 51 rounds of my duty 124 grain +P gold dots. Trigger housing pin did not seem to move. I really need to wring it out, however I didn't have the time due to my instructing duties. Hopefully I can hit an open range soon to get my red dot fully sighted in.

Tokarev
02-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Finally got a chance to put a few rounds through mine. Fired two G17 mags of 147 grain, 2 mags of 124 grain (both american eagle) and 51 rounds of my duty 124 grain +P gold dots. Trigger housing pin did not seem to move. I really need to wring it out, however I didn't have the time due to my instructing duties. Hopefully I can hit an open range soon to get my red dot fully sighted in.Thanks for the update.

What are you running for a slide and barrel?

rathos
02-20-2019, 07:03 PM
Suarez RMR slide and a standard glock barrel

Thanks for the update.

What are you running for a slide and barrel?

Tokarev
03-14-2019, 11:02 PM
Suarez RMR slide and a standard glock barrelAny updates?

I recently used my Nomad frame in a little instructor development class. Not high round count but the gun runs fine and seems to shoot pretty well. I find the frame to be completely comfortable and quite an improvement, ergonomically, over a standard Glock.

I guess my only complaint is that that rear pin still seems to want to walk. It can't fall out because my hand is in the way when I'm gripping the gun but still that pain shouldn't move around at all.

rathos
03-23-2019, 07:10 AM
Naw, I am only shooting my duty gun. I might be able to get into some more recreational stuff when I get more time in the upcoming months.

Any updates?

I recently used my Nomad frame in a little instructor development class. Not high round count but the gun runs fine and seems to shoot pretty well. I find the frame to be completely comfortable and quite an improvement, ergonomically, over a standard Glock.

I guess my only complaint is that that rear pin still seems to want to walk. It can't fall out because my hand is in the way when I'm gripping the gun but still that pain shouldn't move around at all.

Tokarev
03-23-2019, 09:19 AM
I fiddled around with a couple different drill bits trying to find a pin that is slightly bigger than the steel pin that comes with the frame. The Nomad pin measures 2.99-3.00 mm depending on where it is measured. This is using some inexpensive digital reloading calipers. The closest drill bit I could find that is likely to work for a pin is a #31 that measures 3.08 mm. It pokes into the frame and through the ejector housing pretty easily so it might work once cut off to about 3/4 of an inch.

But before I do that I'm going to try a factory Glock plastic pin. Maybe the reduced mass will help the pin stay put under recoil.

BN
03-23-2019, 09:59 AM
I fiddled around with a couple different drill bits trying to find a pin that is slightly bigger than the steel pin that comes with the frame. The Nomad pin measures 2.99-3.00 mm depending on where it is measured. This is using some inexpensive digital reloading calipers. The closest drill bit I could find that is likely to work for a pin is a #31 that measures 3.08 mm. It pokes into the frame and through the ejector housing pretty easily so it might work once cut off to about 3/4 of an inch.

But before I do that I'm going to try a factory Glock plastic pin. Maybe the reduced mass will help the pin stay put under recoil.

Can you whack the pin with a BFH and make a little flat spot on that would give it a little more tension. Sometimes my gunsmithing methods are a little crude. ;)

Tokarev
03-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Can you whack the pin with a BFH and make a little flat spot on that would give it a little more tension. Sometimes my gunsmithing methods are a little crude. ;)I imagine flattening the pin slightly would certainly do the trick. My fear with using something oversized is that it will only serve to enlarge the plastic and make the problem worse.

A drop of blue Loktite might be a decent fix. It shouldn't hurt anything and isn't in a critical area that would gum up the works if some comes loose.

rathos
03-25-2019, 02:44 AM
I put about 150 rounds through mine tonight. While I can move the pin with my finger, it didn't seem to move at all while shooting. Did about 25 one handed shots with the left and 25 with the right to see if my grip was holding it in. Still didn't seem to move at all. From the performance tonight I am guessing this will be a non issue in the long run.

Tokarev
05-08-2019, 06:27 PM
I've still had the wandering pin deal with my frame. I emailed Nomad today to ask about it.

Here's what they plan for future production:

The next frames that ship will see that hole get a little tighter. That hole uses a 3mm (.118") pin. I mill it about .124" in the frame to account for any mismatch that happens between the trigger housing and the frame. The hole in the trigger housing is .121". I'll likely end up taking our frame hole down to .121 so that it will be a net fit with the trigger housing, but with the .118 pin, the pin should be small enough to account for any mismatch.

Tokarev
05-17-2019, 09:08 PM
Just another quick update.

Nomad sent me a custom steel trigger housing pin. I did not measure it before installing. This new pin is snug but could still be pushed in by hand. I think it will solve the walking pin issue.

Tokarev
06-09-2019, 08:43 AM
I shot my MR918 and my Nomad Defense frame put together with Gen 4 Glock 19 parts yesterday. Both guns were fired from a padded rest from 25 yards and were tested using the same ammo. I fired 25 rounds in five round groups for a total of 75 rounds through each gun.

First off, I think I prefer the Nomad grip shape over that of the MR918. It is more rounded than I usually prefer but I don't feel like my hand is quite as "crowded" if that makes sense. But the Nomad texture is smoother than the Shadow Systems and not nearly as effective. Both frames have a permanent beavertail so I had no issues with slide bite from either gun.

The Nomad trigger, being a stock Glock part, is a little heavier than the Shadow but it doesn't have as much pre-travel and has a crisper break. My Shadow trigger is a little gritty but is getting better and better with use.

Ammo used was 124 grain Federal HST, Winchester 147 grain White Box JHP and Winchester USA Forged steel case 115 grain. The only malfunction I had was in the Shadow. It was a failure to eject when using the steel case stuff.

Here are my results:

Nomad/Glock
124 HST
Avg MV 1178.4
Avg group 3.04"

115 Steel
Avg MV 1144.6
Avg group 2.07"

147 WWB
Avg MV 946.1
Avg group 2.44"

Overall 2.51"

MR918
124 HST
Avg MV 1147.4
Avg group 2.56"

115 Steel
Avg MV 1145.3
Avg group 3.16"

147 WWB
Avg MV 919.9
Avg group 2.18"

Overall 2.63"

As can be seen, I shot slightly better groups with the MR with the USA Forged ammo being the exception. The Glock barrel really liked that stuff. It wasn't terrible through the MR but the Glock barrel seemed to work well with it.

Both guns are generally fun and easy to shoot and are a different take on what's possible with a Glock frame while maintaining parts compatibility. The Shadow frame is a Glock 19 frame in general shape while the Nomad frame kind of reminds me of an M&P.

I have previously had some issues with the Nomad trigger housing pin walking out of the frame under recoil. Nomad recently sent me a slightly oversized steel pin that fits more tightly in the frame. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Here are pictures of both. The Nomad has a Brownell's slide in these photos but I used a stock Glock 19 slide for my accuracy testing.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190609/a8084965ad3910c7c67f91af2b32b2a2.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190609/0c62be646abbee71394d4980149ccf9e.jpg

Last mag of the day was fifteen rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 +P through the MR918. I shot this group from 10 yards standing. Pulled one a little low and left.
Oops!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190609/405238cb14629abe02952bc2ec937a74.jpg

Tokarev
06-11-2019, 07:20 PM
With Gen 5 MOS slide https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190612/3b5d7111449cce2e0be6c09d5f9851f7.jpg

awp_101
06-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Do you realize how difficult you're making it for me to bide my time and stay focused on the M&P CORE I'd like to pick up in the near future? ;)

Tokarev
06-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Do you realize how difficult you're making it for me to bide my time and stay focused on the M&P CORE I'd like to pick up in the near future? ;)Get one of each.

The frame is $200. The MOS top end was $389 off gunbroker.

Tokarev
07-12-2019, 02:56 PM
The ACRO to MOS adapter plate finally arrived. The Ameriglo sights are low in the sight picture. More like lower 7/8 rather than lower 2/3.

Also shown is a holster from site sponsor JM Kydex. The holster looks good and fits the gun like a glove.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190712/13aa0069a498ed2edbea8eb810212b5b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190712/0dbfd54f489a669b1d510591b6348f26.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190712/d535aecbab76270a5e356cb379eea7b3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190712/8e0bd9c9ebc657fca083d15a9bd4170a.jpg

Tokarev
09-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Been messing with the new Trijicon SRO on the Nomad frame.

I like the SRO well enough but don't really like the buttons. Neither has much of a "click" with the - button being worse than the + button in this regard.

EzGoingKev
11-24-2019, 06:49 PM
Tokarev - the Gen5 top end works 100% with the Nomad frame?

Tokarev
11-26-2019, 04:49 AM
Tokarev - the Gen5 top end works 100% with the Nomad frame?

It seems to although I don't have more than a couple mags through since swapping top ends.

One tiny complaint is that the radius/bevel on the front of the 45 slide doesn't quite match the radius at the end of the Nomad dust cover. Otherwise it looks completely natural.

EzGoingKev
12-17-2019, 08:20 PM
For you guys that have shot both the Nomad 9 frame and a modified Glock OE frame - which do you prefer and why?

Trukinjp13
12-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Any updates on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10mmfanboy
12-22-2019, 08:45 PM
How are these frames holding up? I have a couple gen 4 19 around and was thinking about trying one. Does it still have a glock grip angle? My wrist are pretty pre-set for the glock grip, I generally bury my front sight on other pistols.

rathos
12-23-2019, 05:29 AM
I prefer the nomad frame. Feel better in the hand, and the little ledges on the front make it very comfortable when shooting. It does make the fit a little iffy in kydex holsters, but in leather it isn't an issue.

For you guys that have shot both the Nomad 9 frame and a modified Glock OE frame - which do you prefer and why?

As far as how is it holding up, I haven't had any issues for some time with the rear pin walking. I haven't had a ton of rounds through it in the last few months, but I did have around a 2k session where I let others shoot it (it is setup as a red dot gun). Tokarev has probably put more rounds through his.

Tokarev
12-23-2019, 07:04 AM

Overall, the frame is a nice upgrade to the stock Glock. I generally like the ergonomics and find the beavertail to be the biggest improvement. Is there a way to add a beavertail to the factory Glock frame? The Grip Force adapter feels like crap and Robar's gone...

The slightly enlarged trigger guard is also a bonus. I find the factory trigger guard too small. Shooting a bunch, especially left hand, usually makes the bottom of my trigger finger sore from where it rubs inside the guard.

...has probably put more rounds through his.

Nah. You're ahead of me. I used the frame quite a bit this summer with the Brownell's slide but haven't done hardly anything with it now that I put a Glock Gen5 top on. No real reason, I guess. I've just been distracted by other stuff.

How are these frames holding up? I have a couple gen 4 19 around and was thinking about trying one. Does it still have a glock grip angle? My wrist are pretty pre-set for the glock grip, I generally bury my front sight on other pistols.

As far as grip angle, I guess I'd say the Nomad is sort of halfway between the factory Glock and everything else. I imagine it would be a pretty simple deal to play around with back straps and find one that feels most Glock-like if that's what the shooter wants. I'm running the medium insert and think it feels pretty good. Probably the most noticeable change in overall feel is because the Nomad frame is sort of a round butt.

Regarding the walking rear pin; I've exchanged several emails with Andy from Nomad Defense. He says the tolerance on that rear hole has been tightened up on the current production frames. He's also made a tiny change in the area around the magazine release to get a better fit of the factory Glock mag release.

MGW
12-23-2019, 08:03 AM
@Toarev and others would you be able to compare this frame to a P10c? I was in Rainier Arms over the weekend and was able to look at a Nomad. I like the feel of it but it reminded me of a P10c more than anything. I haven’t had my hands on a CZ in a long time though so my memory may be off.

I’m one of those people that hate the hump on Glock 19s but I love that size of gun. I’m always looking at options.

Tokarev
12-23-2019, 09:24 AM
@Toarev and others would you be able to compare this frame to a P10c? I was in Rainier Arms over the weekend and was able to look at a Nomad. I like the feel of it but it reminded me of a P10c more than anything. I haven’t had my hands on a CZ in a long time though so my memory may be off.

I’m one of those people that hate the hump on Glock 19s but I love that size of gun. I’m always looking at options.

What would you like to see for a comparison?

As you know, the advantage to the Nomad is that it makes Glock parts. I guess I'd prefer it over the P10C just on that alone.

CanineCombatives
12-23-2019, 04:47 PM
Tell me there's a full size version in the final stages of development.

MGW
12-23-2019, 05:41 PM
What would you like to see for a comparison?

As you know, the advantage to the Nomad is that it makes Glock parts. I guess I'd prefer it over the P10C just on that alone.I was thinking over all shooting impressions. But I like that the Nomad would let me continue to use a gadget.

I see you're using a Gen 5 upper now. Will the frame work with Gen 5 fire control parts?

10mmfanboy
12-23-2019, 06:09 PM
I was thinking over all shooting impressions. But I like that the Nomad would let me continue to use a gadget.

I see you're using a Gen 5 upper now. Will the frame work with Gen 5 fire control parts?

I was wondering this exact same thing since it is a two pin design. It would be amazeballs if you can put gen 5 trigger components in.

Tokarev
12-23-2019, 06:18 PM
I like that the Nomad would let me continue to use a gadget.

Any Glock 19 slides should work. Only catch I can think of is you might need a little spacer piece for the recoil spring on a Gen 1-3 slide.

The frame is a Gen 4 and uses Gen 4 guts. Not super familiar with Gen 5 stuff but the Nomad frame is not built for the ambi slide stop if that's what you're asking.

Tokarev
12-23-2019, 06:47 PM
Tell me there's a full size version in the final stages of development.Possibly revealed at SHOT 2020...

Fingers crossed. It might be a nice plaftorm to build a 34 out of.

Tokarev
01-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Now available is Nomad's mag well for the Nomad 9 frame.

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-defense-magwell-extension-and-backstrap-combo-compact-standard/

spyderco monkey
01-23-2020, 12:15 AM
Now available is Nomad's mag well for the Nomad 9 frame.

https://www.rainierarms.com/nomad-defense-magwell-extension-and-backstrap-combo-compact-standard/

I handled this exact combo today at SHOT. The CNC'd backstrap I handled was the 'Medium,' which provided a sort of CZ grip angle. I really loved it, fit perfectly in my hand and sights were flat and aligned my first press out.

The magfunnel was well executed, in that I didn't immediately notice it was there.

Tokarev
01-23-2020, 04:31 AM
I handled this exact combo today at SHOT. The CNC'd backstrap I handled was the 'Medium,' which provided a sort of CZ grip angle. I really loved it, fit perfectly in my hand and sights were flat and aligned my first press out.

The magfunnel was well executed, in that I didn't immediately notice it was there.That's cool.

Any word on a full-size frame?

MGW
01-24-2020, 07:25 AM
I’m a lot more interested in this than the MR920. I would like to see a full size frame and Gen 5 compatibility though.

Tokarev
01-24-2020, 07:27 AM
Is anyone making a Gen 5 compatible frame yet?

I'm using a Gen 5 slide on my Nomad frame but it isn't Gen 5 in that it lacks the ambi slide release.

HTM
01-24-2020, 08:46 AM
The fact that the frame is not compatible with existing holsters makes it a non-starter. Sad because I have a Gen4 upper that I need a frame for.

Brianjkeene
01-24-2020, 09:19 AM
The fact that the frame is not compatible with existing holsters makes it a non-starter. Sad because I have a Gen4 upper that I need a frame for.

Maybe the new POF frame is for you then?

https://pof-usa.com/product/p19-gen-4-enhanced-glock-frame/

Tokarev
01-24-2020, 09:27 AM

Also available as a complete pistol:

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p19/

The POF frame and Nomad frame share a bunch of styling ques. I assume that's not by accident.

Brianjkeene
01-24-2020, 09:29 AM
Also available as a complete pistol:

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p19/

The POF frame and Nomad frame share a bunch of styling ques. I assume that's not by accident.

Agreed. Quick question for you. If you have carried your nomad frame, have you found it easier or harder to conceal and second, do you find it easier or harder to draw from concealment?

HTM
01-24-2020, 09:39 AM

Thanks! I'll definitely consider this. I'd like an 80% frame. Curious as to why those aren't made.

Tokarev
01-24-2020, 10:22 AM
have you found it easier or harder to conceal and second, do you find it easier or harder to draw from concealment?

I don't really have an answer for you. In theory the Nomad should conceal a bit easier since it is a round butt.

Tokarev
01-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Stole this photo off Facetagram. It is a concept of what Nomad's G17 frame might look like.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200125/ed820456edc55c1295827f24dd2f980a.jpg

spyderco monkey
01-25-2020, 05:14 PM
The 17 looks great. I'd love to pair that with a 34 slide.

I'm hoping we see Nomad / another company release rubber, shock absorbing backstraps. One of the advantages of removable backstraps is not only the grip angle change, but also the ability to change materials. I suggested rubber to them when I saw their CNC aluminum backstraps. Personally, I loved the rubber backstraps used in the Sphinx SDP - helped contribute to it being a soft shooter even firing 9mm Major (124gr @136f0fps.)

It would be interesting to see a head to head between the Nomad vs the Timberwolf 2.0 in terms of ergonomics / shootability.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/UIImages/10000/TWF-Schematic.jpg

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Timberwolf.aspx

jamautry
02-11-2020, 07:42 PM
I just picked up my Nomad Frame and magwell today from my FFL. It was an easy swap and all parts fit well. The frame feels good in my hand and the beavertail keeps the web of my hand away from the slide.

The included backstraps fit in the frame tight. It took me awhile to get the large backstrap off to put the magwell and accompanying medium backstrap on.

I hopefully will shoot it and take pictures later this week.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

DamnYankee
02-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Anybody besides TXC making a holster for the Nomad yet?

Tokarev
02-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Anybody besides TXC making a holster for the Nomad yet?JM Custom Kydex

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Tony Mayer
02-12-2020, 09:20 PM
Anybody besides TXC making a holster for the Nomad yet?

They are available as quick ship holsters!

DamnYankee
02-13-2020, 08:26 AM
They are available as quick ship holsters!

Thanks Tony.

DamnYankee
02-13-2020, 08:29 AM
I also discovered last night that my Vedder Light Tuck for an M&P 2.0 3.6" that I had laying around will work with the Nomad frame. It will rub some on the accelerator points but it definitely locks in at the trigger guard with great retention.
https://i.imgur.com/8icAMAI.jpg

Tokarev
02-13-2020, 09:35 AM
One of JM's holsters:

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/media/3321848/butts_psx_20191130_084921.jpg?width=566&height=464

jamautry
03-11-2020, 09:38 AM
After almost a month, I finally was able to shoot my Glock 19 with the Nomad Frame. I shot 300 rounds and the frame was flawless. For the first time with a Glock 19 I didn't have slide bite.

I also added the Nomad magwell and it worked flawless as well. I will give it another go today. This will be my IDPA CCP gun for this season.

Tokarev
03-12-2020, 09:30 AM
I also added the Nomad magwell and it worked flawless as well.

Would you mind posting a pic or two of the frame with the mag well installed?

jamautry
03-12-2020, 01:42 PM
Would you mind posting a pic or two of the frame with the mag well installed?

Sent from my SM-A505U using TapatalkHere are a couple of pics. This is with the supplied Medium backstrap that comes with the magwell.

This really reminds me of a S&W M&P crossed with a Glock 19.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/490ca062e758ef6c12adbbcec937e391.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/1ba375525ec5381621ee1796eb283997.jpg

Tokarev
03-12-2020, 01:47 PM
Here are a couple of pics. This is with the supplied Medium backstrap that comes with the magwell.

This really reminds me of a S&W M&P crossed with a Glock 19.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/490ca062e758ef6c12adbbcec937e391.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/1ba375525ec5381621ee1796eb283997.jpgHow well does the mag well blend with the frame? Any overhang of the frame on the inside that might snag the magazine during reload?

jamautry
03-12-2020, 01:53 PM
How well does the mag well blend with the frame? Any overhang of the frame on the inside that might snag the magazine during reload?

Sent from my SM-A505U using TapatalkThe sides are flush, the front and back have a little overhang.

I have large hands, my primary goal with the magwell is hand placement on the small 19 size frame.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200312/1fb863b2abdea3ed7ae7ce4e25a64e45.jpg

Tokarev
03-21-2020, 08:28 PM
This might be a nice way to finish off a Nomad frame:

https://youtu.be/-m5epP5PyxI

I exchanged a couple emails with Boresight Solutions about texturing my frame. Ben said he'd do it. I just never got around to committing myself to the idea.

Lon
10-16-2021, 11:29 AM
I’m gonna revive this necropost. Tokarev are you still running the Nomad frame? Any updates?

jamautry
11-01-2021, 12:43 PM
I am still carrying mine daily. It is still running without any issues. I am looking to get another one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tokarev
11-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Nomad is doing a G17 frame now. I need to look into getting one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Lon
11-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Nomad is doing a G17 frame now. I need to look into getting one.

I’m thinking about a 17 Nomad frame and using my G4.19 slide with a PMM JTTC comp.

jamautry
11-01-2021, 04:52 PM
I believe the Gen 17 frame is specific to Gen 5.

Lon
11-01-2021, 07:10 PM
I believe the Gen 17 frame is specific to Gen 5.

Well, shit. Totally read that wrong when I was looking at Rainer’s website.

Lon
11-01-2021, 07:23 PM
Maybe I’m not crazy. According to this compatibility chart, I think it’ll work.

Tokarev
11-01-2021, 08:42 PM

79281Yes it should work. The big change from Gen1-4 into 5 was the standardization of the G19 locking block. So a Gen4 G19 slide assembly should work on the Nomad 17 frame. Down side is the frame will stick out a half an inch off the end of the slide. Saw that sucker off or stick on your PMM comp or whatever and you should be good to go.

Tokarev
11-02-2021, 02:10 PM

So it won't work with the G19 stuff. Just G17 length.

I emailed Nomad. Here's what they say:

We get this question a lot, but the problem is that the Nomad 9F (G17) has the standard rail spacing between the front and rear rails. This means that with a G19 length slide and RSA you’ll run out of travel, due to the slide bottoming out on the front rails.

Lon
11-02-2021, 06:19 PM
So it won't work with the G19 stuff. Just G17 length.

I emailed Nomad. Here's what they say:

We get this question a lot, but the problem is that the Nomad 9F (G17) has the standard rail spacing between the front and rear rails. This means that with a G19 length slide and RSA you’ll run out of travel, due to the slide bottoming out on the front rails.

Well, shit. Thanks for the info.

Tokarev
11-02-2021, 06:56 PM
Well, shit. Thanks for the info.

I was interested but I'm not now. Hopefully they have a G45 G19X or whatever frame in the works.

Lon
11-02-2021, 07:02 PM
I was interested but I'm not now. Hopefully they have a G45 G19X or whatever frame in the works.

I’m gonna look at plan B - a Shadow Systems DR920. My plan should work with that frame.

Tokarev
11-02-2021, 07:09 PM
I’m gonna look at plan B - a Shadow Systems DR920. My plan should work with that frame.

Yep will probably look pretty good.

Kind of disappointed that Shadow Systems isn't doing a G45 thing. But I'm still quite pleased with my DR920. Runs and shoots well.

backtrail540
07-08-2022, 01:59 PM
Just got one of these in to play around with. Dropped a 19 mos gen 5 upper on. Mine was from black Phoenix customs with oem gen 5 internals aside from an overwatch trigger and Vickers slide release. Initial impressions are good.

Between it, the p80, and the shadow systems stuff - lots of options for people that want glock benefits without glock ergos.

My first gripe is i have the magwell version (only complete available from them) and I'd likely not carry it with that and am interested in trying the other backstraps at some point, assuming i source them. But oem mags go in without issue and mine works in my glock enigma setup with a haven defense apostle just fine.

backtrail540
07-10-2022, 07:33 PM
First live fire today. The gun ran great and I was easily able to meet performance expectations with just a few dry practice sessions previous.

The frame feels somewhat slick when in dry practice, somewhere between a stock glock and my p80, but in live fire i didn't notice any movement or shifting and it was fairly warm and sweaty. It almost had a sticky feeling.

Despite that, I would probably choose more aggressive stippling were i given the choice. I don't like the front strap texture. Horizontal lines are not great and I would much prefer to have the texture wrapped around instead. The metal backstrap feels slick as well but the grip shape locks in quite well upon presentation.

My example with the gen 5 internals and overwatch trigger makes for a great combo, matching my tastes quite nicely.

I ran 200 rounds and my glock knuckle wasn't bothered nor did I have any hotspots or discomfort in any way. Controls were easy to reach and it felt quite natural to shoot. No malfunctions or other issues in the short 200 round session.

Looking forward to running this more.

backtrail540
08-07-2022, 02:31 PM
Another session with the nomad 9/gen 5 mos slide today. It ran well and was accurate for the intended targets today. Pretty top edge of performance for me - 3/8 turbo times on gabes test (including a bill which I rarely make time on) and 3 more within a .15 of turbo. A solid cold run on the supertest (a raw 296 but 286 due to going over at the 5. A 2nd from PR run on the LAPD qual with a 336. Overall top edge of my performance - I was feeling it. That is to say I was on today more so than the gun having much to do with it but it can keep up as expected.

I ran without the magwell today and found it to be squirmy and a touch slippery like talons etc...I will continue to run the magwell unless i get better texture. It just doesn't lock in like a better textured gun like an m2.0 or polymer80. Otherwise I'm still pleased.

I'll continue to put rounds on this frame through the end of the year and update if anything exciting happens.

https://i.postimg.cc/TwSB62jL/20220807-101807.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Hcw60ghd)
Target after the b8's and 3x5's were peeled away. One supertest, gabe white standards, and a lapd d platoon qual in there. Happy with that.

backtrail540
09-05-2022, 04:48 PM
Put some quick and dirty texture on the front and backstraps of the Nomad 9. Fixed the feeling that is was about to squirt out of your hand like a wet bar of soap. I will hit 500 next time out and may hit 1k by years end with it. If that happens I'll update with current thoughts at that time.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMdkhSsV/20220905-153614.jpg (https://postimg.cc/5XDFmBXM)

maximus83
09-05-2022, 05:37 PM
I'm somewhat interested in the Nomad as a Gen 5 grip frame replacement with OEM slide/internals that would (in theory) not impact reliability. The motives: better ergos, all the stuff you'd get done to a gucci Glock (undercut, stipple, changing grip shape/angle) is already done.

Overall, is it worth it vs say, just stippling/undercutting an OEM grip frame? I'd be interested to hear someone share performance notes comparing a stock OEM frame, a Nomad, or if possible, a stippled/undercut OEM frame. Trying to decide if it's really enough difference to make it worth it, or my better investment at this point is just more ammo and training with the OEM frame I have.

mizer67
01-25-2023, 08:57 PM
Putting out an RFI for anyone running these frames, particularly G19 size. Has anyone encountered serious issues, or is the frame good to go?

I've been transitioning from Gen 4's to Gen 5's but I have a leftover Gen 4 top end that I'd like to find a home for and one of these or the LWD seem to fit the bill for Gen 4's.

This frame is interesting to me vs. leaving an upper without a home.

HeavyDuty
06-27-2023, 09:59 PM
I’ve been searching for a way to keep shooting my compact and full size Glocks - the grip angle is killing me due to wrist issues that aren’t an issue with other platforms. Is the angle on these similar to other guns? I’ve seen comparisons here to a M&P, which works well for me. The Nomad frame may be a good alternative to a grip recontouring.

EzGoingKev
06-27-2023, 10:22 PM
I’ve been searching for a way to keep shooting my compact and full size Glocks - the grip angle is killing me due to wrist issues that aren’t an issue with other platforms. Is the angle on these similar to other guns? I’ve seen comparisons here to a M&P, which works well for me. The Nomad frame may be a good alternative to a grip recontouring.

Out of curiosity what are your wrist issues?

HeavyDuty
06-28-2023, 09:15 AM
Out of curiosity what are your wrist issues?

We’re not entirely sure. The doc was hoping my recent neck surgery would help, but that doesn’t seem to be the case (he wasn’t positive, and that wasn’t the reason for the surgery.) It might be carpal tunnel, it might be arthritis, it might be alien possession. It’s aggravated by the Glock and older Ruger MK II grip angle. Guns with a more “normal” grip angle hurt much, much less.

Tokarev
06-28-2023, 12:13 PM
I’ve been searching for a way to keep shooting my compact and full size Glocks - the grip angle is killing me due to wrist issues that aren’t an issue with other platforms. Is the angle on these similar to other guns? I’ve seen comparisons here to a M&P, which works well for me. The Nomad frame may be a good alternative to a grip recontouring.Glocks that aren't fully Glock grip angle are:

ZEV
Nomad
Shadow Systems

There are probably others. These come to mind however.

HeavyDuty
06-28-2023, 01:23 PM
Glocks that aren't fully Glock grip angle are:

ZEV
Nomad
Shadow Systems

There are probably others. These come to mind however.

The Nomad appeals the most to me - my available donor Glock 19s are one Gen4 and several Gen5s.

BillSWPA
06-28-2023, 01:40 PM
We’re not entirely sure. The doc was hoping my recent neck surgery would help, but that doesn’t seem to be the case (he wasn’t positive, and that wasn’t the reason for the surgery.) It might be carpal tunnel, it might be arthritis, it might be alien possession. It’s aggravated by the Glock and older Ruger MK II grip angle. Guns with a more “normal” grip angle hurt much, much less.

Just in case it is carpal tunnel . . .

This is important to fix because if left unrepaired, the nerve can eventually be deprived of circulation sufficiently to damage it beyond repair.

Some doctors are doing the surgery by making a small incision in the heel of the palm, and going into the wrist endoscopically to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This may seem counter-intuitive since the cut is not over the location of the surgery, but it permits using a smaller incision to access the location of the surgery, and will have a faster recovery time. Patients leave the surgery with a band-aid covering a small number of stitches.

I recommend seeking a surgeon who uses this method unless there is a specific reason in your case to use a differnet method.

If it is arthritis, I can only speak about knees since that is my issue, but physical therapy and regular exercuse help tremendously.

HeavyDuty
06-28-2023, 02:05 PM
My late wife had the micro carpal tunnel surgery, and a friend had the flay you open version. Micro for the win!

Artk1982
07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
Hello all,

Just swapped out gen4 frame for nomad. Shot about 2 mags and not one shot cycled correctly. Most of them got caught by the slide. Please help

EzGoingKev
07-02-2023, 09:13 AM
I had carpal tunnel surgery in 2021. It made things better but I was still in numb/in pain. They debrided my wrist a couple of months ago. Things were WAY better. I have cubital tunnel and tennis elbow that will require surgery. I also have some bulging discs in my neck. Some of my pain/numbness is from the elbow and some from the neck. One visit to a chiropractor and most of my pain was gone. After a few visits my elbow and hand feel better than they have in 25 years. I am still doing rehab for the wrist debrided so I am not 100% there but I am getting there.

I handled my Glock 19, my HK VP9, and my FNX Tactical. Regarding the feeling in my wrist:
- the FNX was neutral
- the Glock felt like it loaded my wrist
- the VP9 did not feel like it loaded my wrist but did not feel neutral like the FNX

It is interesting because up until now I really did not feel any of that. Sure I could tell the difference in the grip angles but I could not feel it in the wrist. The doc had said everything was inflamed and my wrist had so much fluid in it that it looked like they injected contrast when they did the MRI.

The other interesting thing is my trigger pull feels way different.

For the longest time my hand has been tingling. When I did open an close my hand it felt like a had a stiff glove on it that was one size too small. I have been dealing with this for so long my right hand forgot what it was like to be normal.

I am not at a point where I can get out and shoot but I am curious to see how things go.

Brianjkeene
09-15-2023, 06:08 PM
New Nomad frames coming soon