PDA

View Full Version : David Goggins

TheNewbie
12-07-2018, 08:35 PM
I have been interested in David Goggins after watching the first interview he did with Joe Rogan. Goggins is both inspiring and hilarious.

He was Air Force TACP and a Navy SEAL. The physical feats he has put his body through are out of this world.

Language is rather strong in both interviews in case you watch it in a non "safe space".

First interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tSTk1083VY

Second interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvWB7B8tXK8

Wake27
12-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Goggins is the man, the full interview with Joe Rogan was definitely awesome. He has a book coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheNewbie
12-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Goggins is the man, the full interview with Joe Rogan was definitely awesome. He has a book coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got it yesterday via ITUNES. It's totally worth it so far.

He doesn't read it, but he is present for the reading and he interjects conversation into the audio book.

Sasage
12-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Loved the interview.

Went out and ran in 27 degree weather today.

Just started the audiobook.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Otaku.edc
12-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Beyond a guy that is really into PT, what is the appeal?

TheNewbie
12-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Loved the interview.

Went out and ran in 27 degree weather today.

Just started the audiobook.

How are you liking the book? At first, I thought I would HATE listening to someone else read it. After listening for a while, I think the format is perfect for this specific individual and story.

TheNewbie
12-08-2018, 08:19 PM

I work out, but I actually find PT extremely boring and have little to zero academic interest in it.

Goggins story is interesting because it combines amazing physical accomplishments, with a story of human struggle and the power of will vs emotions.

His story is one we can all relate to on some level, and be inspired by.

bravo7
12-08-2018, 09:08 PM

He’s not into PT, he’s into pushing and testing himself........being comfortable with being uncomfortable and living life to it’s fullest.

TheNewbie
12-08-2018, 10:02 PM
He’s not into PT, he’s into pushing and testing himself........being comfortable with being uncomfortable and living life to it’s fullest.

This. He apparently hates to do PT, and the act is him going against his desires/feelings to be lazy and pathetic.

Sasage
12-17-2018, 07:06 PM
How are you liking the book? At first, I thought I would HATE listening to someone else read it. After listening for a while, I think the format is perfect for this specific individual and story.Really enjoying it so far. About 4 hours ins. Covers things much more in depth and talks about things he hasn't spoken about afaik.

Chain
12-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Went for an uncharacteristic run today thanks to these vids :D

TheNewbie
12-18-2018, 06:52 PM
Yesterday I did 1 mile one the treadmill with my hiking pack on, and the treadmill fully inclined. Then I did 100 reps of push ups, close grip bench, dips, skull crushers, side raises , front raises and rear delt flyers.

This guy motivates for sure.

donlapalma
12-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Goggins is a hard core badass, but will be the first to admit to you that he's as fucked up as any of us. He shares how he deals with that fact and explains his way of using it for motivation. I love his no bullshit, straightforward style. You know you're getting HIM and not some persona that he created just for public consumption.