PDA

View Full Version : Troy Di-optic flip ups

iakdrago
03-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Anyone familiar with Di-Optic sights? The claim is that they are faster than the traditional aperture sights. Thoughts?

Odin Bravo One
03-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I personally regard the Troy Ind. BUIS as the gold standard, mostly due to design, robustness, reliability, and same plane apertures.

However, any claim that this particular configuration is "faster" is slick marketing.

As compared to what? Based on what standard? In whose hands?

JMS
03-07-2012, 11:10 AM
That's a lot of kerfuffle in a set of BUIS, if one bears in mind that the "B.U." in BUIS stands for "back-up."

If those are going to be the primaries, perhaps there's some worth, but the human eye tends to find the center of a space all on it's own, regardless of shape. Having officially and unofficially tested a couple tens of designs of irons, NONE has ever lived up to the claim of being measurably faster based upon shape, alone.

orionz06
03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I had them, I thought I liked them but found them do be a little tough at any distance beyond 25. The large opening rear defies the way an aperture sight works and I found myself to shoot almost the same with the DOA rear up as I did with the rear sight folded down and using only the front post. I then found the standard aperture to be an improvement over both and then went with the tried and true circular aperture.

iakdrago
03-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you guys for your replies. I think i will stick with the traditional aperture troy buis.