PDA

View Full Version : Flying out of New Orleans

TCz
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
As I said in a previous thread, I am going to be in New Orleans for a couple of days. I will be flying from there back home, which brings me to my question:

Have any of y'all flown out of NO with a firearm? I am familiar with TSA's rules and regulations, I'm just wondering if there's anything in particular to watch out for in the New Orleans airport.

Thanks

HeadHunter
03-06-2012, 07:23 PM
As I said in a previous thread, I am going to be in New Orleans for a couple of days. I will be flying from there back home, which brings me to my question:

Have any of y'all flown out of NO with a firearm? I am familiar with TSA's rules and regulations, I'm just wondering if there's anything in particular to watch out for in the New Orleans airport.

Thanks

I flew in and out of NOLA last October and didn't have any issues.

TCz
03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Much appreciated! I love this forum. Most of the time I don't even have to ask a question, 'cause someone else already has, but when I do ask, I get the information I need, and very little else.

JMS
03-08-2012, 12:02 PM
The problem rarely ever exists with the regulations, but with the mouth-breathers you're forced to deal with that may have no working idea as to what they actually are.

I and my colleagues travel with firearms quite a bit, and the bulk of the few problems we DO encounter are far more likely to come from the airline employees; not with policies, and not with TSA.

Point being, it's helpful to bring hard copies of the regulations of both TSA and your chosen airline, as pasted from their websites; keep them on your body or carry-on. That way, it's easier to convince (i.e., browbeat), oh I dunno.....some ticketer that refuses to acknowledge that her grasp of her company's policies does not match the one in my hand and that's displayed on the front of her freaking counter. :mad:

SouthNarc
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I fly in and out of NO probably 8-10 times a year. Never had ANY probelms with 6-8 handguns at a time flying out.

EMC
03-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I get to fly into NO in June, glad to hear it is GTG.