PDA

View Full Version : What is “Long” version exactly?

Canyonrat
11-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Looking for a better Px4 Compact Carry holster for AIWB I see the “Long” version as a JMCK option. Is there a picture somewhere of what this means? For an AIWB holster the last thing I want is for it to be any longer than the pistol, it would make it hit your leg worse in a seated position. What exactly is this feature and the expected benefit? I must be missing something.

JCS
11-24-2018, 01:13 PM
The long holster extends past the end of the muzzle. Without it, many people find that larger guns start to roll out away from their body causing printing issues because most of the mass is above the belt line.

Tony Mayer
11-24-2018, 02:07 PM
Looking for a better Px4 Compact Carry holster for AIWB I see the “Long” version as a JMCK option. Is there a picture somewhere of what this means? For an AIWB holster the last thing I want is for it to be any longer than the pistol, it would make it hit your leg worse in a seated position. What exactly is this feature and the expected benefit? I must be missing something.
Canyonrat, JCS is correct re combating the roll out issue, plus the longer length helps lever the holster back into you a bit more as well. Getting a neoprene wedge or pad will help with comfort usually, as well help tilt the rear sight and slide back into you. If you go to our FAQ page, #11 specifically) it will explain the long designation with a picture. One more thing the long designation does is raise the grip up a bit for a better master grip on the draw. Without the extra length, the gun will ride lower in the waist band to aid against roll out, but will be tougher to get a master grip on because it will closer to your belt line. Let me know if that explains it and if you have any other questions. Thanks

Canyonrat
11-24-2018, 03:08 PM
Thanks Tony, I had missed finding the FAQ on your site and that explains it fully. Unfortunately much of my carry time is in-and-out of the car or other seated situations where I would pay extra for any way to make the holster shorter. Packing while standing and walking around is much easier than dealing with seated position in the mix.

Tony Mayer
11-25-2018, 12:29 AM
Thanks Tony, I had missed finding the FAQ on your site and that explains it fully. Unfortunately much of my carry time is in-and-out of the car or other seated situations where I would pay extra for any way to make the holster shorter. Packing while standing and walking around is much easier than dealing with seated position in the mix.

Canyonrat, we offer it in the normal length version as well. Thanks

HopetonBrown
11-25-2018, 12:32 AM
Thanks Tony, I had missed finding the FAQ on your site and that explains it fully. Unfortunately much of my carry time is in-and-out of the car or other seated situations where I would pay extra for any way to make the holster shorter. Packing while standing and walking around is much easier than dealing with seated position in the mix.What holster/belt are you using now?

STI
11-25-2018, 01:06 AM
If you don't wear pretty low rise jeans, any holster under G17 length that Tony offers a long option for, you want it.

Canyonrat
11-25-2018, 05:58 PM
I use a Nexbelt EDC tough nylon belt (love that thing even when not carrying) and right now a Concealment Express Kydex AIWB holster. Current holster is OK, just don’t want it any longer. That one has a single clip and 10 degree cant (cant maybe not a good idea for AIWB?)

Recently I got a JMCK OWB-2 for my Elite LTT and was very impressed with the build quality. Now I just placed an order for a Wing Claw 2.0 with discreet carry clips for the Px4cc. This will be much different from my current AIWB holster with the widely spaced clips, wing claw, and neoprene pad. I want to give it a try with whatever the default cant is recommended for AIWB. And now the wait...:D

HopetonBrown
11-25-2018, 07:15 PM
I don't see any AIWB holsters on the Concealment Express website.

A lot of holster makers are lazy and/or ignorant about appendix holster design. Some will just take an OWB design and move the belt attachments to the front and call it an AIWB.

Many like to wear their AIWB right at the inguinal crease, a canted holster would be very uncomfortable in that position.

Hopefully with a specifically designed AIWB holster like the JM you might see why a longer holster is not an encumbrance.

matt7184
12-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Canyonrat, JCS is correct re combating the roll out issue, plus the longer length helps lever the holster back into you a bit more as well. Getting a neoprene wedge or pad will help with comfort usually, as well help tilt the rear sight and slide back into you. If you go to our FAQ page, #11 specifically) it will explain the long designation with a picture. One more thing the long designation does is raise the grip up a bit for a better master grip on the draw. Without the extra length, the gun will ride lower in the waist band to aid against roll out, but will be tougher to get a master grip on because it will closer to your belt line. Let me know if that explains it and if you have any other questions. Thanks

If we put in comments that we prefer Long (or Extra Long) is this something we can get done for any holster?

IE I prefer a G34 Length Holster for AIWB to prevent rolling out even though I'm a short guy. I'd like an AIWB holster for a Sig P320 X5 but want exactly G34 Length

Tony Mayer
12-03-2018, 02:45 PM
If we put in comments that we prefer Long (or Extra Long) is this something we can get done for any holster?

IE I prefer a G34 Length Holster for AIWB to prevent rolling out even though I'm a short guy. I'd like an AIWB holster for a Sig P320 X5 but want exactly G34 Length

matt7184, right now we don't have any molds for the X5 full-size gun and we would need more interest in that one to warrant it. Right now the long designation is only for the pistols listed as long. Thanks