PDA

View Full Version : See something, say something appears to prevent mass shooting in KY

BehindBlueI's
11-20-2018, 06:29 PM
https://www.wlky.com/article/springfield-police-arrest-man-they-believe-was-planning-mass-shooting/25238521

Springfield police credit two alert employees and two officers with stopping a man who was believed to be planning a mass shooting at a Washington County business Monday afternoon.

Matthew Smith, 37, was arrested Monday at L&B Manufacturing on Industry Drive. Police said he had several guns in his vehicle, including one that appeared to be a fully automatic weapon.

Templeman said he could tell something was up based on the way Matthew Smith acted, so the officer asked Matthew Smith again for his name and for him to step out of the vehicle, to which Matthew Smith refused.

Templeman said he opened the driver’s door and Matthew Smith began to raise a Glock handgun pointing at the officer.

As Matthew Smith raised the gun toward the officer, the officer grabbed the gun with his left hand and passed it off to Capt. Tony Golden.

"You don't have time to think. I just reacted. My training kicked in and I was able to get to his gun quicker than I was mine," Templeman said.

(more at link)

HCountyGuy
11-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Damn, that asshole was ready to roll. Glad to see this act was stopped before anything kicked off. Kudos to the officers for controlling the guy well enough he wasn’t able to use any of the handguns affixed to his person.