PDA

View Full Version : Silly Bumper Sticker could be liability...

Boxy
11-18-2018, 04:21 PM
I attended an IDPA match yesterday and saw this bumper sticker on a pick up truck. "Heavily Armed - Easily Pissed".

I would think this sets the owner/driver up for the general population to anticipate and profile that a hot head is in the drivers seat.

Personally, I would be a bit anxious seeing the fellow get out of the truck after reading it. Maybe escalating my situational awareness level up a notch.

I have no bumper stickers of any type on my vehicles so that the general public cannot figure out what I am for or against so to speak.

Stephanie B
11-18-2018, 04:30 PM
I attended an IDPA match yesterday and saw this bumper sticker on a pick up truck. "Heavily Armed - Easily Pissed".

I would think this sets the owner/driver up for the general population to anticipate and profile that a hot head is in the drivers seat.

Personally, I would be a bit anxious seeing the fellow get out of the truck after reading it. Maybe escalating my situational awareness level up a notch.

I have no bumper stickers of any type on my vehicles so that the general public cannot figure out what I am for or against so to speak.

“Plaintiff’s Exhibit 1”

TheNewbie
11-18-2018, 05:47 PM
It's simply shallow and stupid and can make all gun owners look bad. What an embarrassment.

willie
11-18-2018, 05:52 PM
I knew a dummy and his wife whose car tags read "guns 1" and "guns 2". Is that not an invitation for burglary?

Jim Watson
11-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Stupid.

I am somewhat tempted to apply my stickers from Toni System (Italy) and Armanov (Slovenia.) Who is likely to know they make shooting stuff?

Greg
11-18-2018, 07:16 PM
I also drive sticker free vehicles.

I cringed the other day on my commute while watching an aggressive idiot driving like an aggressive idiot. He had a slew of NRA, USMC and III% on his Fiat/Jeep. Not helpful.

HeavyDuty
11-18-2018, 07:19 PM
The anti-gray man.

Casual Friday
11-18-2018, 08:00 PM
The more Moron Labia, 3 percent, sheepdog, Punisher skull stickers, the less training and experience the guy has. #changemymind (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=changemymind)

RevolverRob
11-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Dumb. The stickers are dumb and I've never not encountered an asshole behind the wheel of the vehicle bearing the stickers.

Just today I was cut off on the freeway by a guy driving a pickup truck that had Colt, Sig, Glock, USCCA, five fishing stickers, and a Fire Department sticker in the back window. Dude nearly caused a three car collision with a license plate that read, "F-T FD". Which I believe meant, "Full Time Fire Department". In other words, a dude who should know better than to drive recklessly. No fucks given.

In my experience dudes driving with advertising signs on their cars are attempting to use a intimidation factor to be bullies on the road. Every once in awhile, I hope they eventually meet the dude who reminds them that an armed society is a polite society. A bully with a gun is just a bully looking to go to jail or get put in the ground sooner rather than later, in my opinion.

Jack Ryan
11-18-2018, 08:22 PM
He should glue a little sand paper on next to it sorry the easily "triggered" could tuff'n up their skin a little.

HopetonBrown
11-18-2018, 08:58 PM
A woman who lives in So Cal posted a security cam video of a neighbor walking a dog, peeling the gun stickers off their car on Instagram. Their caption said "I'll get you and your little dog too". She stated she'd bring the video to the police.

Next Instagram post was a picture of someone pointing a rifle from a window, with a caption saying they were clear to shoot the neighbor.

I said they should take these images down. Their reply was that there are billions on the internet and that it'd be impossible for their neighbors to find her.

I was then blocked. Her posts are now gone.

https://www.instagram.com/kapiolani_1911/

Chance
11-18-2018, 09:10 PM
I knew a dummy and his wife whose car tags read "guns 1" and "guns 2". Is that not an invitation for burglary?

I saw that guy once. Looked exactly like how you'd imagine a guy with that license plate would look.

Zincwarrior
11-18-2018, 09:26 PM
My wife has a sticker with a wiener dog slaughtering a stick family. :D

okie john
11-18-2018, 09:44 PM
No stickers. I do not want to stand out.

Okie John

Dorsai
11-18-2018, 10:15 PM
You have the right to express yourself. That said, if you can't control the "reaction" to your expression, you need to consider whether the juice is worth the squeeze. I don't put pro-Republican, anti-Hillary, etc. stickers on my vehicle. Because the left believes that the end justifies the means and they will do more than deface or remove the stickers, they'll vandalize the truck. How long does it take to key a vehicle? How long to pull out a knife and quickly stab all 4 sidewalls? How long to smash some windows, or pour some sugar in the gas tank, oil reservoir, etc?

I don't put gun or NRA stickers on my vehicle because I don't want to advertise to some casual thief taking advantage of an opportunity to do a quick smash and search in the parking lot. It doesn't matter if there's a gun there to steal, I don't want it damaged. Though I am going to put my LTT sticker in the window. I figure it's subtle enough that there won't be any bad guys who know what it is.

Don't forget the people who display their Christian beliefs with fish symbols, etc...and then display what under other circumstances, and when done by other people, they would condemn as un-Christianlike.

willie
11-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Well, I'm the white haired dude that nobody sees as he drives his ancient nondescript truck not too slow and not too fast and making a point not to look at somebody for more than a half second. I smile at old ladies, small children, and cops.

BehindBlueI's
11-18-2018, 11:00 PM
I wonder how a jury would react to seeing that bumper sticker in the crime scene photos after a claim of self defense stemming from a road rage incident? You proclaim to the world you're likely to be the aggressor, don't be surprised when people start with that as their default judgement of you. It's not going to help you in the investigation, criminal court, and especially civil court.

blues
11-18-2018, 11:31 PM
I wonder how a jury would react to seeing that bumper sticker in the crime scene photos after a claim of self defense stemming from a road rage incident? You proclaim to the world you're likely to be the aggressor, don't be surprised when people start with that as their default judgement of you. It's not going to help you in the investigation, criminal court, and especially civil court.

Gerald Strebendt is a guy whose reputation, aggression (and online posts) came back to haunt him when he got involved in a traffic dispute and shooting.

Several blog posts are available on the CCW Safe (https://ccwsafe.com/blog) site that discuss the matter at length.

Drang
11-19-2018, 04:46 AM
This thread could probably be merged with all the threads discussing the wisdom (or lack thereof) of having Punisher Skulls, etc., engraved on your guns.

Stephanie B
11-19-2018, 07:48 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/a059f39d382194f117a485b6852c9948.jpg

Boxy
11-19-2018, 08:18 AM
After reviewing comments and the posting I would like to be clear that this was not observed at the IDPA match. I observed it on an exit ramp on the way home from the match.

I do not want to associate this clownish bumpersticker with IDPA.

11B10
11-19-2018, 09:09 AM
Dumb. The stickers are dumb and I've never not encountered an asshole behind the wheel of the vehicle bearing the stickers.

Just today I was cut off on the freeway by a guy driving a pickup truck that had Colt, Sig, Glock, USCCA, five fishing stickers, and a Fire Department sticker in the back window. Dude nearly caused a three car collision with a license plate that read, "F-T FD". Which I believe meant, "Full Time Fire Department". In other words, a dude who should know better than to drive recklessly. No fucks given.

In my experience dudes driving with advertising signs on their cars are attempting to use a intimidation factor to be bullies on the road. Every once in awhile, I hope they eventually meet the dude who reminds them that an armed society is a polite society. A bully with a gun is just a bully looking to go to jail or get put in the ground sooner rather than later, in my opinion.

Rob, I couldn't say it any better! I totally agree.

RevolverRob
11-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Gerald Strebendt is a guy whose reputation, aggression (and online posts) came back to haunt him when he got involved in a traffic dispute and shooting.

Several blog posts are available on the CCW Safe (https://ccwsafe.com/blog) site that discuss the matter at length.

Great set of articles, I've been reading them this morning.

Though I'll note to the author that it is "brakes" and "brake check" not "breaks" and "break check". That is one of those annoying things that has cropped up because of the proliferation of spell check. Since both are correctly spelled words, it just simply doesn't get caught.

blues
11-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Great set of articles, I've been reading them this morning.

Though I'll note to the author that it is "brakes" and "brake check" not "breaks" and "break check". That is one of those annoying things that has cropped up because of the proliferation of spell check. Since both are correctly spelled words, it just simply doesn't get caught.

I noticed that when I read the blog entries as well. (I think we can overlook it in the current discussion.)

Glad you are finding the series of interest. I found it so as well.

(Plus I have been corresponding somewhat regularly of late with Stan Campbell, the COO of CCW Safe, and have to say that he's a solid, squared away dude.)

Darth_Uno
11-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Hmm. I've got an NRA sticker and a Trijicon sticker. That's just on my work truck though, which doesn't get parked in parking lots very much. Personal truck is clean. And where I live, there's a 50% chance that a random truck has an NRA or Browning sticker and a 99% chance that any random house has guns so it's not exactly a "break in here specifically →" sign.

I also have a mountain of stickers that came with various gear through the years - part of me wants to plaster 'em all over and stick it in people's faces because I just enjoy being like that, but the prudent part says to just fly under the radar.

Darth_Uno
11-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Don't forget the people who display their Christian beliefs with fish symbols, etc...and then display what under other circumstances, and when done by other people, they would condemn as un-Christianlike.

The running joke around here is anybody with a 99.1 JOY (local C-pop station) sticker is a terrible driver. I'd say it's a joke, but it's true. Usually seen on rickety minivans cutting you off in parking lots, or shitbox cars going 60 in the left lane.

Robinson
11-19-2018, 11:31 AM
The sticker is dumb and annoying. Probably matches the personality of the owner.

Trigger
11-19-2018, 11:34 AM
No stickers. I do not want to stand out.

Okie John

Otherwise known as giving away the element of surprise

Stephanie B
11-19-2018, 11:37 AM
I do have a couple on my car:

Stephanie B
11-19-2018, 11:40 AM
The running joke around here is anybody with a 99.1 JOY (local C-pop station) sticker is a terrible driver. I'd say it's a joke, but it's true. Usually seen on rickety minivans cutting you off in parking lots, or shitbox cars going 60 in the left lane.

Or they'll cut you off in the Wal-Mart parking lot and give you the finger in the process.

Totem Polar
11-19-2018, 11:55 AM
The sticker in the OP just shows a lack of mature thinking. I wouldn't put it on my car.

That said, here's an OT story; back in my college days, I rented a house with some friends from my studio/major. One of the guys the house next door drove a then-brand new, state of the art, BMW 750il, which was a little pretentious for a guy his age. So was the guy. So, the day comes when I am standing at the cash wrap of the local college town bookstore, and I notice that they are blowing out these bumperstickers that say "live simply so that others may simply live..." for a buck a piece. White, with eco-green lettering. I buy 5 bucks worth. You know what bumper they went on, at 3am the next morning.

RoyGBiv
11-19-2018, 12:00 PM
I have a CERT sticker on my car. Helps me to not get towed during call-outs, or when parked in the FD zone at City Hall during events when I'm volunteering.

I'm still waiting for the first call to the Chief to report me for driving like a Yankee. I keep that in mind when I'm driving, usually. :o

Glenn E. Meyer
11-19-2018, 12:05 PM
I've noticed three trucks at our matches with suspect decorations. One with a license that says MILITIA. The other is decorated with all kinds of kill them all stuff. Eric Lamberson had a picture of it on his blog as an example of what not to do but I didn't find it in a quick search. The guy who drives said truck is ready to build a house on the border to fight off MS-13 with his night vision sniper rifles. The last advertises a LTC school, not war like.

Karl Rehn told me that there was a rash of break in to cars in Austin years ago that had NRA stickers. They could have been at cars outside banned locations. Also, the TX CHL instructor school forbid carrying at class until the instructor cars were broke into outside the state building.

I just have an Alma Mater school sticker on my car.

At work, a person had a Darwin fish. It was vandalized and some rationalized the vandalism as the fish was insulting God. OH, well.

If it's a good shoot, it won't hurt you in court. Read that on the Internet. :rolleyes:

okie john
11-19-2018, 12:28 PM
At work, a person had a Darwin fish. It was vandalized and some rationalized the vandalism as the fish was insulting God. OH, well.

I lived in Seattle during the 2000 election. Cars with W bumperstickers were routinely vandalized, so Republicans switched to American flag stickers.

Okie John

BN
11-19-2018, 12:59 PM
I saw a license plate one time that read HKMP5. ;)

I prefer the grey man look as I tool around in my soccer mom van. :)

Glenn E. Meyer
11-19-2018, 01:04 PM
My license plate by chance has a combo of a SW and Glock model numbers. It helps me to remember them. Not my choice. You would have to be really wired in to even think of that.

I have to admit when I was Chair and had to renumber courses, some were 308 and 357.

RevolverRob
11-19-2018, 01:21 PM
I have to admit when I was Chair and had to renumber courses, some were 308 and 357.

I've taught: 303, 405, and 408

I certainly never remembered them as 303 British, 405 Winchester, 408 Cheytac

Appalachained
11-19-2018, 01:27 PM
I have an uncle who is into vintage shotguns. His license plate says Model 12. Mine is the model number of a popular gun. No one besides gun people know what it means.
I used to have a small Noveske sticker on my rear window, but I removed it. Not because I thought someone would vandalize my truck, but Because I just don’t like stickers on my rides in general.

Casual Friday
11-19-2018, 01:42 PM
He should glue a little sand paper on next to it sorry the easily "triggered" could tuff'n up their skin a little.

No one is triggered by it. Just pointing out the stupidity of people who put the "Look at me I'm a tough guy" stickers on vehicles.

Stephanie B
11-19-2018, 01:58 PM
I did think about asking for RULE303 as a plate. Thought better of it.

HeavyDuty
11-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Now I want UBDRT.

Joe in PNG
11-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Is GEKO45 taken?

okie john
11-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Is GEKO45 taken?

You win today, sir.

Okie John

Jack Ryan
11-19-2018, 06:15 PM
No one is triggered by it. Just pointing out the stupidity of people who put the "Look at me I'm a tough guy" stickers on vehicles.

They probably don't have the internet for an outlet.

SeriousStudent
11-19-2018, 07:12 PM
I did think about asking for RULE303 as a plate. Thought better of it.

They'd make a mess of it, the bastards.

Truly one of my favorite movies.

Baldanders
11-19-2018, 08:11 PM
OT, but why does that damn Punisher skull symbol seem to keep increasing in popularity? I would blame the Yankee Marshall, but he ain't that popular.

I've never been a fan of the character, although the "Punisher Armory" with its "still life with guns" format was one of the few artistic endeavors focused on firearms that didn't suck.

Just thought this made sense on the spiritual sequel to the "Punisher Skull thread."

Me, I`m looking for an "almost male" bumper sticker.

Totem Polar
11-19-2018, 09:15 PM
One with a license that says MILITIA.

LoL! That takes the cake; so over-the-top stupid that it almost folds back on itself, and into "respect." Almost.

awp_101
11-19-2018, 10:38 PM
I saw a license plate one time that read HKMP5. ;)
This was the plate on a '32 Ford that was a regular attendee for a while at the Goodguys shows at Texas Motor Speedway

Trooper224
11-19-2018, 11:03 PM
I find stickers and personal tags to be evidence of the fall of western civilization. People think they're being cute or standing up for something. In reality, they're just sounding the douche bag alert. I don't care how many kids you have, so no need to put them in little stick figures in your back window, nor do I give a bag of smashed ass holes about how proud you are of your honor student, who should probably be in the school basement in that room back by the shop class, wearing a crash helmet and eating red jello. My mind especially boggles over those memorial window stickers I now see everywhere, the ones eulogizing someone who's gotten the big adios. WTF? "In loving memory...…" on the back of your '89 Mercury Cougar doesn't honor anyone.

As for things like this specific post: the tone deafness of many in our society is beyond comprehension.

mmc45414
11-19-2018, 11:18 PM
I find stickers and personal tags to be evidence of the fall of western civilization. People think they're being cute or standing up for something. In reality, they're just sounding the douche bag alert. I don't care how many kids you have, so no need to put them in little stick figures in your back window, nor do I give a bag of smashed ass holes about how proud you are of your honor student, who should probably be in the school basement in that room back by the shop class, wearing a crash helmet and eating red jello. My mind especially boggles over those memorial window stickers I now see everywhere, the ones eulogizing someone who's gotten the big adios. WTF? "In loving memory...…" on the back of your '89 Mercury Cougar doesn't honor anyone.

As for things like this specific post: the tone deafness of many in our society is beyond comprehension.You seem funnier since retirement :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cypher
11-20-2018, 12:10 AM
I some times wonder if I'm just a shit magnet but I seem to have nothing but trouble with bumper stickers. I actually had a guy try to start a fight with me because I had a "Cabella's Field Tester" bumper sticker on my car. God forbid I should appear in public with a Glock or Gasden bumper sticker on my car.

The older I get the more I find that I’d rather not invite random strangers into my world. And I’ve also been around long enough to figure out that one of the best ways to invite people in is to have a shirt or a hat or a sticker on my car with a logo on it that they disagree with. I’ve come to a place in my life where I just don’t need the drama and I choose not to present myself to the world in a way that seems to invite it.

Greg
11-20-2018, 12:16 AM
https://youtu.be/uzLNC-strf0

David C.
11-20-2018, 12:54 AM
The sticker in the OP just shows a lack of mature thinking. I wouldn't put it on my car.

That said, here's an OT story; back in my college days, I rented a house with some friends from my studio/major. One of the guys the house next door drove a then-brand new, state of the art, BMW 750il, which was a little pretentious for a guy his age. So was the guy. So, the day comes when I am standing at the cash wrap of the local college town bookstore, and I notice that they are blowing out these bumperstickers that say "live simply so that others may simply live..." for a buck a piece. White, with eco-green lettering. I buy 5 bucks worth. You know what bumper they went on, at 3am the next morning.

Years ago I worked with a guy that was part of the bigger, badder, faster club and was a neat freak. He drove a red Silverado Z71 4x4 and must have washed it every day. He messed with one of the other guys, so for revenge the other guy bought a "Honk if I'm gay" bumper sticker and put it on the rear bumper. First dude found it after noticing honking at every red light. Rinse and repeat. Funniest part is that it took him several days to figure out there was another sticker on the FRONT bumper.

HeavyDuty
11-20-2018, 07:20 AM
Years ago I worked with a guy that was part of the bigger, badder, faster club and was a neat freak. He drove a red Silverado Z71 4x4 and must have washed it every day. He messed with one of the other guys, so for revenge the other guy bought a "Honk if I'm gay" bumper sticker and put it on the rear bumper. First dude found it after noticing honking at every red light. Rinse and repeat. Funniest part is that it took him several days to figure out there was another sticker on the FRONT bumper.

Remember the “I (heart) XXXXX” bumper sticker craze back in the 80s? There was a company that sold sheet of stickers to cover up the heart with a screw. We went through a few packs of those, just on people who were assholes.

CCT125US
11-20-2018, 11:47 AM
https://youtu.be/uzLNC-strf0

This is exactly why I don't mind overpaying for BRCC.

Trooper224
11-20-2018, 01:18 PM
You seem funnier since retirement :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Don't get too comfortable, it could be a passing phase. :)

mmc45414
11-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Don't get too comfortable, it could be a passing phase. :)We can monitor what habits you may form over the next month or so... :)

okie john
11-20-2018, 02:43 PM

Former co-worker A had an axe to grind with co-worker B, who lived in a part of town with a heavy percentage of Seattle's LGBT crowd. Co-worker A put an expensive engraved license plate frame on co-worker B's car that said, "I love hard cock." It took co-worker B (and his wife/kids) a couple of weeks to spot the change. Co-worker A got himself a one-way ticket to HR, which I suspect was the point of the whole exercise.

Okie John

blues
11-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Former co-worker A had an axe to grind with co-worker B, who lived in a part of town with a heavy percentage of Seattle's LGBT crowd. Co-worker A put an expensive engraved license plate frame on co-worker B's car that said, "I love hard cock." It took co-worker B (and his wife/kids) a couple of weeks to spot the change. Co-worker A got himself a one-way ticket to HR, which I suspect was the point of the whole exercise.

Okie John

How'd they prove "A" did it?

"A" should sue for gender bias or whatever the appropriate term is these days. :rolleyes:

okie john
11-20-2018, 03:49 PM
How'd they prove "A" did it?

"A" should sue for gender bias or whatever the appropriate term is these days. :rolleyes:

They didn't have to. A told a number of people who also disliked B, then watched it unfold and let the word spread naturally. He was looking to get out of a contract and quitting would have required him to repay a significant bonus, so he did what he could to get fired. More common than it should be in advertising. It's full of unhappy people.

Okie John

OlongJohnson
11-21-2018, 08:26 PM
I'll run a sticker if I'm being paid with parts or cash. Otherwise, I'm "sponsor ready."

Jack Ryan
11-21-2018, 08:56 PM
I some times wonder if I'm just a shit magnet but I seem to have nothing but trouble with bumper stickers. I actually had a guy try to start a fight with me because I had a "Cabella's Field Tester" bumper sticker on my car. God forbid I should appear in public with a Glock or Gasden bumper sticker on my car.

The older I get the more I find that I’d rather not invite random strangers into my world. And I’ve also been around long enough to figure out that one of the best ways to invite people in is to have a shirt or a hat or a sticker on my car with a logo on it that they disagree with. I’ve come to a place in my life where I just don’t need the drama and I choose not to present myself to the world in a way that seems to invite it.

I don't see a bumper sticker as an "invite in to my world". People who do see them that way may change their whole view point with the right encounter.

Some of these butt wipes who like to screw around with other people's property behind their back should just keep in mind not every one has the same kind of sense of humor.

Back when I was still working we had occasion to bring in more than the usual number of apprentices more or less all at once, making them all feel a lot more uppity than most. They got in a stretch of really feeling the "practical jokes" until the played around with the wrong journeyman's tool box. Usually a top seniority employee who spend decades on midnight shift is there for a reason and it's not because he gets a kick out of play asstag with kids.

Some kid came in on a Monday morning to find his brand new Kennedy top box and the roll around Kennedy it sat on had both been cut completely straight down the middle, right through the lock. Filled full of toilet paper and tacked back together.

Nobody knew or saw a thing, but the joking was over.

Cypher
11-22-2018, 04:53 AM
I don't see a bumper sticker as an "invite in to my world". People who do see them that way may change their whole view point with the right encounter.

Some of these butt wipes who like to screw around with other people's property behind their back should just keep in mind not every one has the same kind of sense of humor.

Back when I was still working we had occasion to bring in more than the usual number of apprentices more or less all at once, making them all feel a lot more uppity than most. They got in a stretch of really feeling the "practical jokes" until the played around with the wrong journeyman's tool box. Usually a top seniority employee who spend decades on midnight shift is there for a reason and it's not because he gets a kick out of play asstag with kids.

Some kid came in on a Monday morning to find his brand new Kennedy top box and the roll around Kennedy it sat on had both been cut completely straight down the middle, right through the lock. Filled full of toilet paper and tacked back together.

Nobody knew or saw a thing, but the joking was over.

I used to work in a machine shop. I had a work rule that I absolutely did not mess with other people's tools and that other people absolutely did not mess with mine. I also have a life rule that I don't trifle with people especially people I don't know.

So number one I would not have been involved in the grab ass games but if I did come to work and found out that somebody destroyed my minimum $700 rollaway ( not counting the tools in it) we would have had words.

On the bumper sticker issue it really doesn't matter if I see it as an invitation into my life are people out there who do.

I mentioned the drunk who took exception to my Cabela's bumper sticker.

There was also an idiot who went road rage on my wife because I had a "Veterans for W" bumper sticker on my car. It really doesn't matter what I thought he thought that bumper sticker gave him the right to go ballistic on my wife.

We mentioned rollaways earlier, I had a similar bumper sticker on my rollaway. I came to work one morning and some asshole wrote "Bush sucks Arab dick" on a piece of cardboard and leaned it up against my toolbox. When I discussed with him my point of view about you don't fucking touch my tools he actually said that that bumper sticker gave him the First Amendment right to express his point of view.

To make a long story really short, once I took all of my stickers off my car and off my toolbox and I quit wearing shirts with logos on them all of that stopped.

I don't really care who's right or who's wrong I just don't want to deal with it.

JAD
11-22-2018, 07:06 AM
I have my kids school on my bumper because I like that school and actively promote it. I have a Tigerhawk on my bumper because I want to give other Hawkeyes the illusory feeling that they too may someday marry a trust fund and drive a late model car.

lwt16
11-22-2018, 08:05 AM
Three cars here at casa de la lwt16. No bumper stickers, no FOP tags, no indication of anything we do for a living (cop, nurse, college kid) nor any affiliations. Zero problems so far.

As far as practical jokes, years ago......had this Sergeant who was a bit of a pill. Someone put a "For Sale" sign on his patrol car where the rear Municipal license plate was. Complete with his office number written down for inquiries.

He rode around for a couple of weeks with that on his patrol car. The rainbow stickers were popular.....especially for the less tolerant ones. The preferred practical jokes back in the day were chalk line chalk in the a/c vents, code (lights/siren) activated while the car was off so when it was cranked by the mark, it lit up the night, tubes of crickets turned loose, etc.

Not sure if such Tom foolery still goes on here with the younger crowd. It may be all social media based now with this latest generation of cops.

Regards.

mmc45414
11-22-2018, 08:58 AM
This is veering off to include a little workplace hazing, and my neighbor works in a fab shop and told me a great one. The new guy is getting the typical hassle his whole first day. At the end of the day he sheepishly approaches his antagonists and says he must have been nervous on his first day at the new job and left his lights on, but it is a stick and could probably bump start easily. After three or four unsuccessful attempts when they are all huffing and puffing and about to hurl lunch he reaches up and starts the truck and drives away. I guess they didn't mess with the new guy after that :)

OlongJohnson
11-22-2018, 11:26 AM
The rainbow stickers were popular.....especially for the less tolerant ones. The preferred practical jokes back in the day were chalk line chalk in the a/c vents, code (lights/siren) activated while the car was off so when it was cranked by the mark, it lit up the night, tubes of crickets turned loose, etc.

Not sure if such Tom foolery still goes on here with the younger crowd. It may be all social media based now with this latest generation of cops. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I

vcdgrips
11-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Late to the party. To my former wife/present girlfriend's displeasure, I refuse to put any stickers at all on either car to to include that of my alma mater, the kids' school, Eagle Scout/Girl Scout Gold Award or my daughter's present university. They are sure to attract attention, both good and BAD and I simply do not want the hassle that will come with.

LittleLebowski
11-22-2018, 01:01 PM
It's simply shallow and stupid and can make all gun owners look bad. What an embarrassment.

Agreed. One EAG sticker on my vehicle that many wouldn’t understand the meaning of and a small one at that.

Coyotesfan97
11-22-2018, 02:01 PM
I have a Black Rock Coffee sticker, a small ASU pitchfork, and the MHI Happy Face patch on my Jeep. No issues with any of them.

Tamara
11-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Agreed. One EAG sticker on my vehicle that many wouldn’t understand the meaning of and a small one at that.

Yeah, my Forester had an Apple sticker and one from the local hipster record shop...and BCM & INGO stickers, which I felt were sufficiently cryptic. A ratty old Forester with patches of primer would look weird in my 'hood without a few stickers in the back window.

...the easily "triggered" could tuff'n up their skin a little.

When people are pointing and laughing at you, it doesn't mean that they are "triggered".

beenalongtime
11-22-2018, 03:55 PM
I remember a coworker had a bumper sticker they loved, but it was just set in the window. It disappeared and a fellow coworker all of a sudden had the same, my other car is a Zamboni, bumper sticker on their car.

I have had a window sticker on one car (Miskatonic University), and wanted one I saw as a kid on a friends car, Drive defensively, drive a tank (back when there were $500 boat cars). Otherwise I could never bring myself to put any on anything. A line from a song always stuck in my head: Pledge allegiance to the flag, whatever flag they offer, never hint at what you really feel. Stuck with another lesson (mouth shut, eyes and ears open).

That said, when I first read the bumper sticker that started this, my thought was it might turn out to be some roided out bodybuilder.

There are days, when I wish I had the license plate: 4nic8u

This whole thread reminds me of this joke:

You're an ASSHOLE!!!!
Uploaded 12/01/2008
When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know......

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying 'Hello'

I politely said, ' This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robyn Carter?' Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear, 'Get the right f *** ing number!', and the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits.

After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again.
When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled 'You're an *******!' and hung up. I wrote his number down with the word '*******' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, you're an ******* !' It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic '*******' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, 'Hi, this is John Smith from the telephone company. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID Program?' He yelled 'NO!' and slammed down the phone. I quickly called him back and said, 'That's because you're an *******!' and hung up.

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. I noticed a 'For Sale' sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first ******* (I had his number on speed dial), I thought that I'd better call the BMW ******* too.
I said, 'Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?'
He said, 'Yes, it is.'
I asked, 'Can you tell me where I can see it?'
He said, 'Yes, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd, in Fairfax . It's a yellow rambler, and the car's parked right out in front.'
I asked, 'What's your name?'
He said, 'My name is Don Hansen.'
I asked, 'When's a good time to catch you, Don?'
He said, 'I'm home every evening after five.
I said, 'Listen, Don, can I tell you something?'
He said, 'Yes?'
I said, 'Don, you're an *******!'
Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too. Now, when I had a problem, I had two ******** to call. Then I came up with an idea.......
I called ******* #1.
He said, 'Hello.'
I said, 'You're an ******* !' (But I didn't hang up.)
He asked, 'Are you still there?'
I said, 'Yeah.'
He screamed, 'Stop calling me!'
I said, 'Make me.'
He asked, 'Who are you?'
I said, 'My name is Don Hansen.'
He said, 'Yeah? Where do you live?'
I said, '*******, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd , in Fairfax, a yellow rambler, I have a black Beamer parked in front.'
'He said, 'I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers.'
I said, 'Yeah, like I'm really scared, *******!' and hung up.

Then I called ******* #2.
He said, 'Hello?'
I said, 'Hello, *******.'
He yelled, 'If I ever find out who you are...'
I said, 'You'll what?'
He exclaimed, 'I'll kick your ***!'
I answered, 'Well, *******, here's your chance... I'm coming over right now!'

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 34 Oaktree Blvd, in Fairfax , and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover. Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down in Oaktree Blvd. in Fairfax . I quickly got into my car and headed over to Fairfax . I got there just in time to watch two ******** beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead News helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.

'NOW I feel much better!!!'
Anger management works!!!

Wendell
11-22-2018, 07:54 PM
...stickers from Toni System (Italy) and Armanov (Slovenia.) Who is likely to know they make shooting stuff?

Just Siri, Cortana, Alexa, Lyra, Robin, Dragon, Google Assistant, or anyone with a smartphone.

http://www.tonisystem.it/EN/

https://armanov.com/

Tamara
11-22-2018, 08:31 PM
Just Siri, Cortana, Alexa, Lyra, Robin, Dragon, Google Assistant, or anyone with a smartphone.

That's reaching a little, though, don't you think?

Who's going to waste time googling the meanings of every obscure bumper sticker on a car rather than look for obvious stuff like "I DON'T DIAL 911!" stickers and white charging cables left with one end plugged into the dashboard and the other disappearing under a sweater on the passenger seat?

Jim Watson
11-22-2018, 08:32 PM
Well, maybe a punk thief might not think to look it up, but a hippy dippy Left Liberal Generation whattthehellever might and get triggered.
Oh, well, I'll put one on my reloading press and one on my holster.

JohnO
11-23-2018, 06:56 PM
I was on the road Tuesday bringing a bunch of college kids home for the Thanksgiving holiday and spotted a car with this on the bumper.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.155133863.5122/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Balisong
11-23-2018, 07:06 PM
I was on the road Tuesday bringing a bunch of college kids home for the Thanksgiving holiday and spotted a car with this on the bumper.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.155133863.5122/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

Was it on a Gremlin?

Hawker800
11-24-2018, 12:16 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181124/061d26d17a8472a6f057ebc79b717f27.jpg

Mark D
11-24-2018, 12:23 AM

EAG, or EGA? Cuz I'd run an Eagle, Globe and Anchor. That would be about it for my vehicles.

SeriousStudent
11-24-2018, 01:12 AM
Was it on a Gremlin?

Hopefully a very, very old Volkswagen Beetle.

RoyGBiv
11-24-2018, 08:46 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181124/061d26d17a8472a6f057ebc79b717f27.jpg
You won't find that funny when you get old.

Er, OK, it's still pretty funny.

Jack Ryan
11-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Yeah, my Forester had an Apple sticker and one from the local hipster record shop...and BCM & INGO stickers, which I felt were sufficiently cryptic. A ratty old Forester with patches of primer would look weird in my 'hood without a few stickers in the back window.

When people are pointing and laughing at you, it doesn't mean that they are "triggered".

LOL, that's a funny one there Tammy. I'll take your word for it.