PDA

View Full Version : 19X/45 with Comp vs. G34 for CCW

Tensaw
11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
So I’ve had the 19X onboard as my carry pistol for several months now. Love it. I have it in my mind that I will eventually drop the coin for a KKM barrel/comp set-up. My question is whether anyone has any idea as to how that might stack up against the G34 that I also own for shootability. OAL will end up the same. So we get into questions of reliability and felt recoil/muzzle flip. I would rather not spend the money on the KKM gear if the performance difference will be inconsequential. My (limited) experience with the KKM comp though, leads me to believe that it will make a very friendly pistol even better.

Also, I can see this thread devolving into a discussion of the problems comps bring to the CCW space. My position on that is that I am willing to pay my money and take my chances on gettin’ kilt in the skreets.

spinmove_
11-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Have you/are you planning on putting a dot on either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BK14
Is a red dot in consideration for this gun?

..... Yeah what spinmove said

Norville
There were a couple of long threads about the comped 19, aka Roland Special here a while ago:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?15857-G19-with-RMR06-and-KKM-compensator

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19831-Guns-and-Ammo-article-on-The-Roland-Special-Glock-19

These might help.

Tensaw
11-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Yes. The plan is that a red dot will reside on the 19X at some point. Still waiting for GJM to shake ‘em all out and find one he can’t break. 😳

HCM
11-08-2018, 09:55 PM
RDS and the Comp complement each other. The Comp helps with sight tracking / keeping the dot in the window on multiple shot string. With an RDS, the longer sight radius of the 34 is a moot issue.

A KKM barrel/Comp will run reliably with appropriate ammo - nato/+p power level. That is what it is made for.

If you want it to run in weak sauce 115 like wolf you may need to play with springs. Etc

The RCS Balor and the Dueck defense mounts are a great way to try an RDS before cutting your slide.

spinmove_
11-08-2018, 10:11 PM
If you’re going with the dot, I’d probably go with the comp as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk