PDA

View Full Version : TX Poll Worker: “We've got tons of them. Tons of DACA voters”

HCM
11-07-2018, 09:56 PM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/38043/watch-texas-poll-worker-tells-undercover-reporter-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR012PFaLaYEqTSvGs5Vd9X4U6HTRYva0lk0ZHZgt vL57b6DqdmoFANJhE4

WATCH: Texas Poll Worker Tells Undercover Reporter They've Allowed 'Tons' Of DACA Recipients To Vote

"We've got tons of them. Tons of DACA voters."

James O'Keefe's Project Veritas released an undercover sting video on Tuesday from a polling station in Texas that appears to show an election official saying that they've had 'tons' of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients voting in the election.

Project Veritas' undercover journalist, posing as the girlfriend of a potential DACA voter, visited a polling station in Travis County, Texas to ask election officials if he could vote.

"If he has his ID that’s all he needs. If he’s registered," an election worker told the undercover journalist.

This is from Travis County (Austin) so it is entirely plausible. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

RoyGBiv
11-07-2018, 10:12 PM
posing as the girlfriend of a potential DACA voter, visited a polling station in Travis County, Texas to ask election officials if he could vote.
I can't keep up with all this gender non-conforming stuff.
Is this just a typo?

45dotACP
11-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Interesting...I have yet to meet a DACA recipient who is able to vote. How do they go about committing voter fraud as a rule?

It was my understanding that if you are here under DACA it is impossible to register.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HCM
11-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Interesting...I have yet to meet a DACA recipient who is able to vote. How do they go about committing voter fraud as a rule?

It was my understanding that if you are here under DACA it is impossible to register.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Au contraire mon frere...

DACA gets you a DHS employment authorization card which gets you a social security number and driver’s license.

Now a DACA receipient shouldn’t be able to vote but they could get registered when getting the DL via motor voter by checking yes / I am a US citizen “by mistake.” They should not be able to given the documentation they are presenting to get their DL but it happens.

They may also show up at the polls, and though unregistered, show their DL and ask to fill out a provisional ballot.

pooty
11-08-2018, 12:42 AM
From now on any of the money I was going to donate to our useless local GOP is going to Project Veritas.

Hambo
11-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Dems carried 20 of 254 counties, probably the only ones they ever carry in Texas.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/texas/

peterb
11-08-2018, 07:09 AM
How did the poll workers identify these “tons” of DACA voters? Were they asking the voters? Were the voters declaring their DACA status?

Having worked at the polls in my state, if someone is on the registration checklist and has proper ID, there has to be a significant red flag to prevent them from voting. The verification of eligibility to vote is supposed to happen during the registration process.

Having someone state that they are not a citizen should be enough to keep them from voting.

RevolverRob
11-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Dems carried 20 of 254 counties, probably the only ones they ever carry in Texas.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/texas/

The problem is, of the 20 they carried, they carried the six most populous counties in Texas.

Harris County - 4.653 million
Dallas County - 2.618 million
Tarrant County - 2.054 million
Bexar County - 1.959 million
Travis County - 1.227 million
El Paso County - ~700k

Texas has ~28 million residents; those counties account for 13.1 million of those people alone, almost half of the population of Texas and those counties are among the fastest growing in the state. In other words, Republicans cannot rely on winning the remaining 234 counties to keep Texas 'red', they have to start making inroads within the biggest counties in the state. Fortunately, Republicans are still primarily carrying the counties surrounding the six above, which collectively contain another 1/4 of the state's remaining population, but suffice it to say, if they don't start making inroads and splitting those counties more closely, Texas will eventually be purple.

JRB
11-08-2018, 11:11 AM
It still mystifies me that asking for ID when I want a beer is seen as totally prudent and responsible, but asking a voter for ID is some kind of goddamn crazy evil fascist shit.

Bart Carter
11-08-2018, 11:21 AM
It would be interesting if in all the recount demands of the whiny Democrats they also verified voters. If they tossed out all the dead voters and non-citizen voters, the count probably wouldn't be that close. :p