PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Flake -

LSP552
11-02-2018, 04:25 PM
I’m somewhere with a CNN interview with Jeff Flake playing. Who the hell would believe he is a Republican?

It’s a rhetorical question.....

blues
11-02-2018, 04:38 PM
I just saw that, Ken, but I have to say that some of the things he said were refreshing to hear.

There's plenty of douchebaggery to go around on both sides.

But before I get kicked out of the club, I already voted (early) and there wasn't a "D" among those I gave my vote to.
(Not that I didn't check some of their bona fides prior...they simply didn't provide answers I was looking for.)

LSP552
11-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Guess I missed that part. I was getting my truck inspected and didn’t see the entire interview. I did see enough to be grateful I will never have to choose to vote for him. For sure, idiots are everywhere in politics. I thought he was really feeding the CNN narrative....

I just saw that, Ken, but I have to say that some of the things he said were refreshing to hear.

There's plenty of douchebaggery to go around on both sides.

But before I get kicked out of the club, I already voted (early) and there wasn't a "D" among those I gave my vote to.
(Not that I didn't check some of their bona fides prior...they simply didn't provide answers I was looking for.)

HCM
11-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Didn’t his own family do a campaign ad against him or am I thinking of someone else?

blues
11-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Didn’t his own family do a campaign ad against him or am I thinking of someone else?

Rep. Paul Gosar

scjbash
11-02-2018, 08:46 PM

Rep. Paul Gosar

And this is Senator Manchin's brother's barn.

Drang
11-02-2018, 08:52 PM
One thing, you have to hand it to Jeff Flake for truth in advertising...

Sensei
11-02-2018, 09:33 PM
I watched the interview. As with most things Flake, I disagreed with some and agreed with a lot of what he said. Specifically, I think he underestimates the risks of illegal immigration and Trump’s most recent ad featuring Bracamontes is probably fair game. On the other hand, Flake is mostly correct about Steve King and Roy Moore - neither are worthy of a vote. However, constituents in those states/districts are better served by not voting than supporting a democrat.

TheNewbie
11-03-2018, 02:29 AM
Flake doesn't understand the greatest threat to America is leftism and he doesn't understand liberalism in the Democratic Party is largely dead. He's better than a leftist any day, but we need better senators than him.

Yung
11-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Around last year he announced he wasn't going to run again. Everyone knows he doesn't want anything to do with the current GOP under the President, and he's somewhat self-aware of what this means for his chances in the future.

1911Nut
11-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Jeff Flake is a whiner that is completely out of touch with his constituents and the Republican party. A recent article in The Arizona Republic pointed out that he doesn't even have much support, if any, in his home town of Snowflake, AZ.

He took office under the mistaken assumption that he would be universally loved and adored, and the honeymoon didn't last long at all. He reminds me of a kid who takes his ball and goes home when he doesn't get his way.

His voting record tells you all you need to know. He typically votes in favor of President Trump's agenda while simultaneously playing to the media with strong anti-trump statements and stances. He has never met a camera he doesn't like. He hasn't the courage of his convictions to take a real stance on almost any issue.

He is an embarrassment to the state of Arizona and his term cannot be up soon enough. Of course, there is a fair chance he will be replaced by Kyrsten Sinema, which would certainly make some of us pine for the days when we had good ol' Jeff Flake representing us!

They're all pretty much disgusting.