PDA

View Full Version : Is there any love for the Wilson Combat/Vickers sights for Glock?

Speederlander
10-31-2018, 03:24 PM
I am leaning to the standard Wilson/Vickers rear black battlesight and front green fiber optic on a 19X. Any feedback on this combo or any other in their line-up?

einherjarvalk
10-31-2018, 03:47 PM
I have Wilsons in that exact configuration on my P30L V3. While I really like the sight picture, I'm starting to think I'd prefer a red fiber front. I've also shot with the Glock version using a tritium front on a G19.3 and found it very easy to get hits with.

Magsz
10-31-2018, 04:17 PM
I am leaning to the standard Wilson/Vickers rear black battlesight and front green fiber optic on a 19X. Any feedback on this combo or any other in their line-up?

Not a fan unless the following issue has changed.

The grey parkerized style finish on the sight looks really weird and reflected alot of light. This opinion is based off of a VERY old observation from when the sights were first released. I have no clue if they've changed the finish since then. If they have, then the sight is just another u-notch sight with some weird "anti glare" serrations. If they haven't then the sight is an oddly colored, very distracting u-notch sight with some weird serrations.

psalms144.1
10-31-2018, 04:40 PM
A co-worker has the plain black Battlesight rear mated to a red FO front on a G19. I shot it, don't like it, don't hate it. I don't like u-notch rears, generally, and I dislike "tall" sights generally, but there's nothing specifically BAD about it...

Guinnessman
10-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Today I received my P30 slide with a Trijicon HD thin front and a Wilson black rear sight. I really like the combo so far, and we will see how it does in live fire. I have Larry’s rear on a 1911 and I love it!

Nephrology
10-31-2018, 06:10 PM
I have never used the specific pair in question but have ample experience with Warren Tactical FOs on many different 9mm/.40 Glocks.

IMO, a pistol intended for self-defense should have tritium sights; at least one vial in front and one vial in the rear. For this purpose, I prefer Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals or I-dot Pros. Triijicon HDs would be an analogous option worthy of consideration. For range/competitive shooting purposes, fiber optics are my #1 choice, but these days I have relatively little use for such an item.

Additionally, I also found that between fiber optic sights, red tubes were much faster to acquire, but green tubes were much more consistently illuminated across a variety of ambient lighting conditions. YMMV.

hopefully this is at least partially helpful.

einherjarvalk
10-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Today I received my P30 slide with a Trijicon HD thin front and a Wilson black rear sight. I really like the combo so far, and we will see how it does in live fire. I have Larry’s rear on a 1911 and I love it!

Curious to know what the POI is at 15yds/25yds with that setup. I know the "full" Wilson set is POA/POI at 15 for HK sets, but I've given some thought to swapping the Wilson front for an HD XR more than a few times for visibility's sake.

Guinnessman
10-31-2018, 06:20 PM
I will post a report with some 147 grain goodness hopefully soon.

1911Nut
10-31-2018, 06:46 PM
I'm about certain I will be an outlier here, but I have a Wilson black Battlesight rear with a gold bead front on a Gen 3 G19 that I like very much. It reminds me of my 10-8 "U" notch rear with gold bead front on my Ed Brown 1911, which is my favorite sight.

Nephrology
10-31-2018, 07:26 PM
I'm about certain I will be an outlier here, but I have a Wilson black Battlesight rear with a gold bead front on a Gen 3 G19 that I like very much. It reminds me of my 10-8 "U" notch rear with gold bead front on my Ed Brown 1911, which is my favorite sight.

Gold beat can be a great option - I just like the low-light advantages of tritium too much to give it up on carry guns. I think for nice heirloom pistols that don't carried everyday, gold bead can be a great choice.

M2CattleCo
10-31-2018, 08:12 PM
I have those sights on a few 1911s. Very similar to 10-8 but not as flat across the top. I like 'em, but I'm fine with any rear sight really.

ssb
10-31-2018, 08:59 PM
Curious to know what the POI is at 15yds/25yds with that setup. I know the "full" Wilson set is POA/POI at 15 for HK sets, but I've given some thought to swapping the Wilson front for an HD XR more than a few times for visibility's sake.

POI is a hair above tip of the front sight with both 147gr HST and Lawman on my P30 using that setup at 25yds. HD XR front, Wilson tritium rear. I found POI to be low with the Wilson front, but I was also using 124+P at the time. I think the Wilson front is .230 and the HD XR is .215.

EVP
10-31-2018, 09:05 PM
Never used Wilson’s fiber sights.

Does Wilson make a 2 dot rear? Last I looked they did not for Glocks except for the 43.

I had the sights on a p30L LEM that einherjarvalk has now. I think they were fantastic.

Front sight was a nicely serrated .140 w/green tritium. I like that it did not have a high vis front.(would prefer a .125 but on a longer slide gun it is not a big deal)

Rear sight was nice, forgot rear sight notch width but the ratio with the front was nice. I like the set screws in rear sights. Yellow tritium vials were nice and they all lined up unlike what you can experience with some other manufacturers. Also the rear sight was dehorned and rounded on the sides so it did not slice and destroy skin and shirts.

Overall great sights. Wish the had two dot rears for Glocks.

Hunter Rose
10-31-2018, 09:34 PM
POI is a hair above tip of the front sight with both 147gr HST and Lawman on my P30 using that setup at 25yds. HD XR front, Wilson tritium rear. I found POI to be low with the Wilson front, but I was also using 124+P at the time. I think the Wilson front is .230 and the HD XR is .215.

JodyH had the same results, which convinced me to switch them on my two P30LS and one P30SK slides. Pick them up tomorrow and excited to try them out.

I also liked that the Wilson rear had yellow Tritium.

LJP
10-31-2018, 11:46 PM
I briefly mounted a set of the Wilson/Vickers sights on my G19. Not a fan. Too tall, and I discovered that I just don’t like “U” notch sights. YMMV.

I’m back to the plain black Defoor’s. My rationale is that virtually everything I do with a pistol is highly dependent on accuracy, and I’m most accurate with those sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn Dodson
11-01-2018, 06:03 PM
I have the Wilson Vickers Elite Battlesight installed on five Glocks - one G19, two G43s and two G42s. The rear sight is plain black and the front is green fiber optic. They work very well for me and my wife. I have zero problems getting hits on a half-size steel IPSC target at 100 yds with my G43 using these sights.

JSGlock34
11-01-2018, 08:50 PM
I have a set of the Wilson/Vickers sights (fiber front) on my Glock 34. I have three Wilson Combat pistols (two 1911s and a Brigadier Tactical) with the Wilson rear sight, so I was looking for a common sight picture with my G34. I have found these sights (.245 height) well regulated at 25 yards.

I'd like to see a set of .245 Trijicon HD XR sights to pair with these rear sights; unfortunately the thinner XRs are not available at this height. I like the .145 notch width on the Wilson/Vickers; though I'm a fan of the Trijicon HD XRs and Ameriglo Agent sights, I find the rear sight notches too wide.

Mfbpt
11-03-2018, 08:26 AM
I have a Wilson Vickers black rear paired with a Trijicon hd front on my 19x. It’s my new favorite combo for my no optic pistols. I also have the black rear and tritium front on my P30sk. They work well on the sk but the Trijicon hd really pops.

JSGlock34
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know the set screw size for these sights?