PDA

View Full Version : Beretta frame color

1986s4
10-31-2018, 10:43 AM
So I just got a full size 92fs to go with my compact. The compact is Italian made and the full size US made. Both were lightly used when I got them and stock as far as I can tell. The new to me full size was made just before the plastic coated parts became standard, it has all steel controls and guide rod. The full size and the compact also exhibit differences in receiver color or finish. The compact has a slightly glossy black frame to go with the standard bruniton slide. The full size is really a two tone upon closer inspection. Bruniton slide with a dark grey matte finish on the frame. Really comes to life in good light and compared to the somewhat glossy black slide. I like it so complaints there but I have a question; is this normal for US made 92fs? I'm having a hard time remembering the color of the Army issued 92's that I handled. This one also has the "straight" dust cover while the Italian compact has the curved dust cover.

Thanks.

e_stern
10-31-2018, 01:34 PM
So I just got a full size 92fs to go with my compact. The compact is Italian made and the full size US made. Both were lightly used when I got them and stock as far as I can tell. The new to me full size was made just before the plastic coated parts became standard, it has all steel controls and guide rod. The full size and the compact also exhibit differences in receiver color or finish. The compact has a slightly glossy black frame to go with the standard bruniton slide. The full size is really a two tone upon closer inspection. Bruniton slide with a dark grey matte finish on the frame. Really comes to life in good light and compared to the somewhat glossy black slide. I like it so complaints there but I have a question; is this normal for US made 92fs? I'm having a hard time remembering the color of the Army issued 92's that I handled. This one also has the "straight" dust cover while the Italian compact has the curved dust cover.

Thanks.

Normal.

Every batch of anodizing will come out slightly different, no way to avoid it.

1986s4
11-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Normal.

Right, thanks. Different years, even different countries.

Sal Picante
11-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Normal.

I dunno... I'd complain to Beretta about it.

Standards slipping. Give 'em an inch.

;)