PDA

View Full Version : Any Beretta 87 Target shooters here?

awp_101
10-27-2018, 08:21 PM
I've been on a small Beretta kick lately and recently discovered the 87 Target (http://www.beretta.com/en/87-target/)

Has anyone here owned/shot one? What were you're impressions, likes and dislikes?

My skill level is currently plinker supreme so I wouldn't be taking it out to a bullseye match but I do have an appreciation for nice target style pistols.

Thanks!

willie
10-27-2018, 09:54 PM
I've not shot one but am familiar with the series. The frame has been used in the company's line of.22, 32, and .380 pistols. I have owned several in .380. Beretta made this model by dropping a larger slide and barrel onto a pocket pistol frame. Thus, what resulted is an after thought. This beautiful handgun is a high price plinker more than it is a true target pistol. That said, I wish that I had one because I like fine pistols. In this case the pocket pistol frame used to make this model limits it. Many decades ago, Wather developed a .22 target by using the PP frame. Such wonderfully fine guns are high dollar plinkers.

awp_101
10-27-2018, 10:33 PM
Thanks. I’m still in the looking and thinking stage but I’ll keep that in mind. I do know I’m not going to pay the $900+ for a new one.

Jaywalker
10-27-2018, 11:20 PM
Mine is an 87BB (like the Beretta 85) from approximately 1993, rather than the target variant. It's well put together, very slick to cycle, and very, very reliable. I did have some work done on the trigger and trigger stop. From a rest it made no difference, but it did help when standing on my hind legs.