PDA

View Full Version : USPSA 2018 Factory Gun Nationals

Sal Picante
10-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Looks like Ben Stoeger won Production again...

Ben 100% (Tanfoglio Stock 2)
JJ 98.93% (T Stock 2)
Jacob H 98.66% (Tanfoglio Stock 3 I think... I forget...)
Eduardo De Cobos 98.33% (Tanfoglio Stock 2)

Looked like a very tough match...

Sal Picante
10-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Interesting that Nils J. shot Single Stack Major and beat Ben by 1%. Neat...

Sal Picante
10-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Results are here: https://practiscore.com/results/new/68687?q_division=0

Looks like Gio did well! 26th! Congrats!

GJM
10-25-2018, 05:19 PM

Awesome, Gio!

Looks like Jalise Williams did great.

Sal Picante
10-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Awesome, Gio!

Looks like Justine Williams did great.

Both those girls (The Williams sisters, not Justine and Gio) are ... um... "beasts". LOL

Bucky
10-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Looks like Ben Stoeger won Production again...

Ben 100% (Tanfoglio Stock 2)
JJ 98.93% (T Stock 2)
Jacob H 98.66% (Tanfoglio Stock 3 I think... I forget...)
Eduardo De Cobos 98.33% (Tanfoglio Stock 2)

Looked like a very tough match...

I see a pattern here as far as guns. /snark

MGW
10-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Tanfo dominates production nationals. In other news who cares because single stack. So much for 1911’s being slow. I need to practice more. I mean seriously. My mind is a little blown.

Gio
10-25-2018, 09:43 PM

Thanks! It was an exceptionally hard match. I learned a lot about coming in with the right mental attitude, as I completely bombed the first 4 stages I shot and let it get in my head on day 1. As a result, I was making stupid mistakes that I've never made before. Day 2 and 3 I settled down and just shot my normal game and ended up shooting clean both days except for one of the tough "new" classifier stages on day 3. I'm looking forward to next year, with the goal of cracking into the top 16.

Doc_Glock
10-25-2018, 10:28 PM

It would be interesting to see the top 20 guns.

backtrail540
10-26-2018, 05:00 AM
Cool to see a familiar face at 13th(22nd overall) in production. Dude was always fun to watch locally and his squad was the most fun to run through stages.

Bucky
10-26-2018, 05:50 AM
A good friend of mine took 14 in single stack, which was very cool.

Also, really happy to see JJ with a strong finish following his Open division win. I shot with JJ quite a bit in his teens, and even had the honor of giving him his USPSA safety check.

nwhpfan
10-26-2018, 01:06 PM

15th in Production. Impressive.

Sal Picante
10-26-2018, 01:29 PM
Cool to see a familiar face at 13th(22nd overall) in production. Dude was always fun to watch locally and his squad was the most fun to run through stages.

Russ Maskey is a great dude - helluva mechanic too! Most impressive thing was his work on an old Tri-Standard reloader they found in a barn!!
His wife is a riot too - they were folks I looked forward to seeing at the Florida Open, Area matches, etc.

Back before there were Mark7 machines and customer support, people cranked the handle on 1050's, converted them to rotary presses (thanks Craig Forcht! I sill love mine!) or sought out older hardware... stuff that was lost to time and lore...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRGgP6ovLo

Sal Picante
10-26-2018, 01:50 PM

:D

Phil Strader (5th) and Mason Lane(6th) both shot Sig320's if I'm right... Hwansik Kim (12th and one of the nicest dudes ever) shot a Walther Comp model.

First GLOCK I know for sure was Ashely Rheuark (33rd). Factory GLOCK shooter and a really nice rep for the brand. She's awesome!

jetfire
10-26-2018, 02:11 PM

Phil Strader (5th) and Mason Lane(6th) both shot Sig320's if I'm right... Hwansik Kim (12th and one of the nicest dudes ever) shot a Walther Comp model.

First GLOCK I know for sure was Ashely Rheuark (33rd). Factory GLOCK shooter and a really nice rep for the brand. She's awesome!

I am still buttmad at HK for not sponsoring Hwansik Kim. I mean COME ON it’s right there, jeez.

BJJ
10-26-2018, 03:13 PM

Doesn’t Gio shoot a Glock?

JSGlock34
10-26-2018, 04:59 PM
Doesn’t Gio shoot a Glock?

It's a safe assumption. I'm almost positive that the only non-Glock pistol Gio owns is a Springfield Professional 1911.

He's been recently inquiring about trying out one of my Berettas though...:p

HCM
10-27-2018, 12:17 AM
It's a safe assumption. I'm almost positive that the only non-Glock pistol Gio owns is a Springfield Professional 1911.

He's been recently inquiring about trying out one of my Berettas though...:p

I know for a fact he has a Beretta .... or at least had, but it’s an APX....

Gio
10-27-2018, 02:08 PM

I am shooting a Glock. I'm not sure if any others above me are as well.

A few additional thoughts on this match now that I've had the time to process the results a bit more:

1. There were a ton of standards/classifier stages in this match, including three really difficult ones. I generally shoot these stages the best, but I did pretty poorly on them overall at this match, and 6 of my 9 misses in the match were on classifier stages.

2. I said I let the match get in my head day 1...I literally forgot a target on one stage that was about 7-8 yds away. 2 misses and a procedural, which cost me at least 30 total match points by my estimation. I have never done that in my USPSA career, even when I was starting out brand new to the sport.

3. I did the best on field courses, but I am still about 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top 3 shooters on most field courses even when I shoot them error free. My highest finish was 3rd overall on one stage, which was a 31 round field course with about a 15 yd classic target swinger behind a steel wall. I shot 28A/3C in 21 seconds. Ben won the stage with the same 28A/3C in 19 seconds. Another field course I was 5th overall on, I shot 29A/3C in 22 seconds...Ben won that one as well with the same 29A/3C in 20 seconds. From watching some of his match video, we had the exact same stage plan on both.

4. I have done a ton of swinger practice over the last two months because I felt it was one of my weaknesses, and it really paid off in this match. I fired only two shots on every swinger in this match, most of which were 15-20 yards away and could only be shot through the middle of the arc, and I got good hits on all of them with no penalties.

YVK
10-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Interesting that Nils J. shot Single Stack Major and beat Ben by 1%. Neat...

I read somewhere that the match had a lot of partials etc and favored Major quite a bit. Maybe Gio can weigh in.

Also, really happy to see JJ with a strong finish following his Open division win...

...by more than 6%. Geez. And then coming to about 1% from Ben in Production. Dude can shoot.

I now wish Ben a strong run in Limited, I think it would be good for the sport.

Gio, congratulations, this is an admirable placement in a very strong match.

backtrail540
10-27-2018, 08:31 PM
I've seen some of the soon-to-be classifiers on instagram. A few of them looked pretty fun. One looked like accelerator but with a reload then two poppers. Some smoking times from the video i've seen.