PDA

View Full Version : Change my avatar?

5pins
10-23-2018, 04:32 PM
I have been getting a lot of commits on my avatar and there seems to be a trend about me changing it. So, here is your chance. I will leave the poll up until Sunday morning.

If over 50% vote yes I will change it.

GuanoLoco
10-23-2018, 04:33 PM
I have been getting a lot of commits on my avatar and there seems to be a trend about me changing it. So, here is your chance. I will leave the poll up until Sunday morning.

I like it, mostly because it fooled me for realz at least once.

RoyGBiv
10-23-2018, 04:41 PM
I like it. It's just a little creepy.

blues
10-23-2018, 04:45 PM
It makes me no nevermind, but if you decide to change it...I think you should go with the Gregor Samsa look in keeping with the bug theme:

http://shared.frenys.com/assets/214086691940981/6193766-Quando-certa-manha-Gregor-Samsa-acordou-de-sonhos-intranquilos-encontrou-se.jpg

mtnbkr
10-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Doesn't bother me, I'm just amused by the bribery aspect. :)

Chris

Shotgun
10-23-2018, 05:19 PM
I have been getting a lot of commits on my avatar and there seems to be a trend about me changing it.

People are just joking. Why change such a recognizable avatar? Crawling bug avatars are in fashion these days.

5pins
10-23-2018, 05:22 PM
People are just joking. Why change such a recognizable avatar? Crawling bug avatars are in fashion these days.

I know they are joking, it's all in good fun.

hufnagel
10-23-2018, 05:59 PM
I voted no.

Grey
10-23-2018, 06:09 PM
Defnitely tricked me. I dont care either way.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

CCT125US
10-23-2018, 06:10 PM
If you change that avatar, I will seriously quit the forum. It may not be long, but damnit I'll do it.

CCT125US
10-23-2018, 06:12 PM
I voted no.

There can only be one. I hereby issue a cease and desist.

RJ
10-23-2018, 06:13 PM
I voted no.

As long as people don't start copying the damn bug avatars, like some are wont to do *ahem*

I've gotten used to the one (it did freak me out regularly at first).

TGS
10-23-2018, 06:23 PM
As long as people don't start copying the damn bug avatars, like some are wont to do *ahem*

Yours freaks me out more than anyone.

I don't know exactly what it is....it's like those old wax lip candys, but a fucking butthole instead.

Bigghoss
10-23-2018, 06:24 PM
it's not nearly as bad as Shotgun 's

Darth_Uno
10-23-2018, 06:30 PM
I’ll admit to smashing my thumb on the screen the first time I saw it, but I’m a quick learner.

*smashes thumb on screen*

Guerrero
10-23-2018, 06:35 PM
Where's the "mods are shit" option?

RJ
10-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Yours freaks me out more than anyone.

I don't know exactly what it is....it's like those old wax lip candys, but a fucking butthole instead.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some references:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_British_Legion

I’m guessing that others here in the states may also not be aware of what it means to wear the poppy, so out of respect to that, I’ll be happy to change it.

TGS
10-23-2018, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some references:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Royal_British_Legion

I’m guessing that others here in the states may also not be aware of what it means to wear the poppy, so out of respect to that, I’ll be happy to change it.

Hey now, I never said you had to change it! That's very meaningful of you to "wear" the poppy in remembrance.

I definitely never would have thought it was a flower, though. Leave it to me to imagine that it's a waxed butthole. I mean, people make stuff like that: https://www.amazon.com/Edible-Anus-White-Belgian-Chocolate/dp/B00PR33Y3U

Stephanie B
10-23-2018, 06:58 PM
Where's the "mods are shit" option?

I know! Some traditions simply must be observed.

RJ
10-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Hey now, I never said you had to change it! That's very meaningful of you to "wear" the poppy in remembrance.

I definitely never would have thought it was a flower, though. Leave it to me to imagine that it's a waxed butthole. I mean, people make stuff like that: https://www.amazon.com/Edible-Anus-White-Belgian-Chocolate/dp/B00PR33Y3U

No worries. It’s all good.

I like Snoopy too. :)

TGS
10-23-2018, 07:17 PM
I hate to ruin the surprise, but now I know what I’m getting JDM for Christmas.

Hahahaha. Poor JDM.

Somebody at wifey's work was given a "Bag of Dicks" candy today for Halloween.

Robinson
10-23-2018, 09:38 PM
It fooled me once and I about swatted my monitor sideways. But no, no need to change it.

What Shotgun has done though is uncalled for.

Shotgun
10-23-2018, 11:00 PM

I just wanted to be one of the cool kids. :)

(I had help from an unnamed forum member.)

MistWolf
10-24-2018, 02:53 AM
I vote "Tom should man up and change everyone's avatar to 5pins avatar for Halloween".

I also vote "Shotgun should change his avatar because who goes through the trouble of getting the spider's motion right, but was too lazy to finish the animation?"

beenalongtime
10-24-2018, 06:47 AM
I didn't see an option I could vote for, as I think too many people are falling for it. (never said WHAT he was going to change it to, so I am expecting a different/larger bug, to fool people again that have become used to the first one)

On another forum, there was a thread about bugs/spiders and (link/image evidently too large):
https://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=1264879&postcount=1

Sparing you the others.

Irelander
10-24-2018, 08:54 AM
I vote for Shotgun to change his avatar. I just about punched my screen when I saw his avatar. Hate spiders.

LSP552
10-24-2018, 09:02 AM

Bugs are cool but YOU almost made me smash I iPhone!

Guerrero
10-24-2018, 09:26 AM
In all seriousness, I like your avatar. I've fallen for it a couple times (and said, "Dammit, 5pins!"), but it's unique and fun.

Peally
10-24-2018, 01:02 PM
Darn, I missed out on plastic buttholes.

theJanitor
10-24-2018, 01:09 PM
after two blown retinas and several surgeries, I live with floating, black spots in my vision. I can be caught randomly swatting at "bugs" which turn out to be figments of my imagination. Your avator bothers me none. Until I ruin a monitor.

Stephanie B
10-24-2018, 08:21 PM
I have been getting a lot of commits on my avatar
It fooled my cat.

mtnbkr
10-25-2018, 08:21 AM
It fooled my cat.

Speaking as a cat owner, it doesn't take much. Mine is routinely fooled by light reflecting off shiny objects and frickin' laserbeams. :rolleyes:

Chris

Bigghoss
10-25-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm going to replace my current avatar with a pic of me posing as my current avatar. Unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt with nothing from the waist down, holding a bottle of whiskey and a G17. Typical Sunday.

Tom Duffy
10-25-2018, 11:20 AM
It's America. Do what you want. Of course, I don't know how you sleep nights knowing that yours truly says, "Dammit that SOB got me again with his avatar." every time you post.

Stephanie B
10-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Speaking as a cat owner, it doesn't take much. Mine is routinely fooled by light reflecting off shiny objects and frickin' laserbeams. :rolleyes:

Chris

Tell me about it. I had a cat land on my head in the middle of the night because he was chasing the dots of white lights from cars' headlights that came through the cord-holes of a set of mini-blinds.

On the other hand, I had a cat that was chasing a laser, when she looked back and apparently saw the red glow around the end of the pointer. She figured it out and walked off, swishing her tail in disgust. I could sometimes get her to chase it again, but only for a few seconds until she remembered where the dot came from.

But the first cat? I could run the dot to the bottom of a door, lift my finger from the actuating button, and he'd wait at the door for five minutes for the dot to come back out.

Clusterfrack
10-25-2018, 12:09 PM
I want to shoot your avatar.

LSP552
10-25-2018, 06:37 PM
I'm going to replace my current avatar with a pic of me posing as my current avatar. Unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt with nothing from the waist down, holding a bottle of whiskey and a G17. Typical Sunday.

Go with the G34 for truth in advertising......

Bigghoss
10-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Go with the G34 for truth in advertising......

Hey, I'll pose with any gun you send me. #GunSlut (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=GunSlut)

Shotgun
11-01-2018, 02:51 PM

it's not nearly as bad as Shotgun 's

I’ll admit to smashing my thumb on the screen the first time I saw it, but I’m a quick learner.

*smashes thumb on screen*

It fooled me once and I about swatted my monitor sideways. But no, no need to change it.

I vote "Tom should man up and change everyone's avatar to 5pins avatar for Halloween".

I also vote "Shotgun should change his avatar because who goes through the trouble of getting the spider's motion right, but was too lazy to finish the animation?"

I vote for Shotgun to change his avatar. I just about punched my screen when I saw his avatar. Hate spiders.

Bugs are cool but YOU almost made me smash I iPhone!

Halloween is over. Wishes granted and the spider is gone. 5pins should be the only one to have an irritating bug avatar.

5pins
11-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Halloween is over. Wishes granted and the spider is gone. @5pins (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=2029) should be the only one to have an irritating bug avatar.

And the people have spoken and it will stay!:D

Clusterfrack
11-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Halloween is over. Wishes granted and the spider is gone. 5pins should be the only one to have an irritating bug avatar.

The fly is annoying. The spider: fuck that thing. I hate spiders

BN
11-01-2018, 07:51 PM
The funny thing is, I had a little fly about that size crawling around on my screen a few days before I saw yours. ;)

GJM
11-01-2018, 08:36 PM

Keep it — it is excellen training for finding the dot with a slide mounted RMR on a Glock.

donlapalma
11-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Change it to that eyelash avatar. I fall for it every time. Every. Damn. Time.

FrankinCA
11-01-2018, 09:52 PM
I like it...and I like you.. there, we good?