PDA

View Full Version : Two Recent Podcasts: Mas Ayoob and Dark Star Gear

Mark D
10-22-2018, 01:34 PM
I don't see these posted on P-F yet.

1) An excellent discussion with Mas Ayoob. Among other things it includes interesting material about Mas's early years carrying a pistol. Bonus: Southnarc is a co-host.

https://firearmsradio.tv/civilian-carry-radio/civilian-carry-radio-ep-065-massad-ayoob-firearms-self-defense-instructor-author-writer

2) A Balistic Radio interview with P-F sponsor Dark Star Gear. I haven't listened to this one, but it looks promising.

http://ballisticradio.com/2018/10/01/but-how-do-you-sit-podcast-season-6-ballistic-radio-episode-273-september-23rd-2018/

Sherman A. House DDS
10-22-2018, 01:44 PM
Both great shows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William B.
10-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Thanks, I'll have to remember to listen to these at work this week.

Gun Mutt
10-23-2018, 10:47 AM
Yup, listened to, enjoyed and learned from both!

nate89
10-23-2018, 11:53 AM
They were both very valuable and well worth the time.

Gewehr3
10-23-2018, 03:08 PM
CCR host's have really improved this past year.

Yung
10-23-2018, 10:14 PM
What is the name of the pre-Civil War dueling academy in New Orleans that Mr. Ayoob mentioned? It sounded like Caestus Arms but my search engine savvy isn't up to par.

Mas
10-24-2018, 03:50 AM
What is the name of the pre-Civil War dueling academy in New Orleans that Mr. Ayoob mentioned? It sounded like Caestus Arms but my search engine savvy isn't up to par.

Yung, while I'm aware that there were "sailles des armes," I never found details on names or exact locations. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Gewehr3
10-24-2018, 12:17 PM
Mas,

Any chance of doing more of the ProArms Gunfight Survivors podcasts? Those podcasts were very helpful.

Thank you!

Mark D
10-24-2018, 02:01 PM
Mas,

Any chance of doing more of the ProArms Gunfight Survivors podcasts? Those podcasts were very helpful.

Thank you!

Agreed. Those were excellent!

Mas
10-24-2018, 03:44 PM
Fellas, we'll be doing more of those down the road, but the podcast is presently on hiatus. Everyone involved is just too damn busy at our "day jobs" right now. However, the several we have are archived at proarmspodcast.com.

Cecil Burch
10-24-2018, 04:18 PM
Fellas, we'll be doing more of those down the road, but the podcast is presently on hiatus. Everyone involved is just too damn busy at our "day jobs" right now. However, the several we have are archived at proarmspodcast.com.

No surprise that you are too busy since that seems to be part of your DNA! But I hope soon we will get new podcasts at some point. They are definitely some of the most informative out there.

Dave Williams
10-24-2018, 04:28 PM
Excellent podcast, very informative Mas, the only negative for me was the constant “um” from the host with the southern accent!!!

Totem Polar
10-25-2018, 04:16 AM

Yung, while I'm aware that there were "sailles des armes," I never found details on names or exact locations. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I can’t seem to dig up the article I’m looking for, but there is a little info in this short write up on one of the several fanous fencing masters with his shingle out during the rue de la salles d'armes heyday in early 19th-c. New Orleans, here, FWIW:

https://www.headstuff.org/culture/history/jose-pepe-llulla-the-gravedigging-duellist/

GREAT podcast. Just some excellent info, and fun to hear two master instructors interact on topic. Mas, you’re an American treasure.

SouthNarc
10-25-2018, 05:34 AM
Excellent podcast, very informative Mas, the only negative for me was the constant “um” from the host with the southern accent!!!

I’d been drinking.