PDA

View Full Version : RFI: Speer Gold Dot ammunition LE/ Personal Protection / Short Barell

Cypher
10-21-2018, 12:52 AM
I was buying some ammunition on SGAmmo tonight and I noticed that their 9mm Gold Dots come in LE rounds, Personal Protection rounds and Short Barrel rounds. I did my research the LE are designed for "full sized" duty guns and the Personal Protection rounds are for compact concealed carry guns. I didn't look but I As U Me the short barrel rounds are for....wait for it... Short barrels.

My question is this I have a Glock19 a Glock26, is there really enough difference between the three loads to make it worthwhile or even necessary to buy different rounds for each gun?

Paul D
10-21-2018, 01:46 AM
I asked DocGKR this a few years ago, and I recall he stated that there was no real difference. Because of that, I just got the gold dot 124+P that was cheaper.

Cypher
10-21-2018, 02:24 AM
I asked DocGKR this a few years ago, and I recall he stated that there was no real difference. Because of that, I just got the gold dot 124+P that was cheaper.

That's what I was going to do but they sold out all the personal protection rounds which were $0.50 each while we were arguing about which one was cheaper so we ended up buying the LE rounds which were $0.60 around

Joe Mac
10-21-2018, 05:29 PM
I don't think there is any difference whatsoever in 9mm, other than packaging. In .40 and .45 the shape of the HP cavity is different (flat on the bottom).