PDA

View Full Version : Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

NickDrak
10-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Figured I'd start a thread to help folks with properly setting up their factory Glock MOS pistols with a Trijicon RMR. This may be of value to MOS shooters who are running other brand RDS like the Leupold DPP, but these suggestions are specific to mounting a Trijicon RMR onto the MOS system....

I strongly believe that the instructions included with the MOS are lacking in important info which could help MOS user avoid the commonly reported issues with the MOS platform. Glock does not list any specific torque values in the manual, and only specifies "Hand tight ONLY". Considering there is thousands, possibly tens of thousands of MOS Glocks in circulation currently, its safe to say that you're going to get a huge variation in what "Hand tight ONLY" means to everyone out there installing optics on these guns.

The other issue is that Glock specifies referring to the optic sight manufacturer's suggestions on which screws to use for a RDS mounting on the MOS platform. Thats not gonna work out for everyone because I don't think any specific RDS manufacturer states exactly which screws are required for proper installation of their sight onto the MOS platform. For example, If you buy a Trijicon RMR there are two mounting screws included in the box with the RMR. These are the incorrect screws to use for mounting the RMR on the MOS. They are too long and will cause a impingement issue with the MOS adapter plate and the slide. Trijicon does sell a completely separate sealing plate kit with the proper length screws for mounting an RMR onto the MOS, but its not specified anywhere in the Glock MOS instruction manual or in the Trijicon manual.

*Don't use Red or Blue Loctite brand thread adhesive. (*Blue isn't strong enough and Red Loctite is too strong and will result in stripped out screw heads)

*Only use VibraTite brand VC-3 thread sealant.

*Degrease the threads of the screws before applying the VibraTite VC-3

*Let the VibraTite VC-3 dry for at least 45mins before installing the screws.

*Get a torque wrench and install both the adapter plate and the RMR screws with 14-15 INCH lbs of torque. I've use the inexpensive Wheeler Fat Wrench without any issues.

*Do NOT use the two mounting screws that come included in the box with the Trjicon RMR for mounting on an MOS. Order the proper length screws for your desired RDS. BattleWerx.com sells RDS and MOS adapter plate screws for every RDS combination you can think of. If you are mounting a Trijicon RMR you can just purchase the Trijicon brand AC32064 "RMR Mounting Kit Fort Glock MOS" which includes the proper length screws.

*I've had none of the reported issues with a few MOS Glocks using this method over the past 3 years with over 12,000 rounds on three separate MOS pistols (Gen4 G17 MOS, Gen5 G34 MOS, and my new Gen5 G19 MOS/FS).

*I'm currently experimenting with the C&H Precision MOS adapter plates on my MOS Glocks. Too soon to recommend it yet as I only have around 1,000 rounds on it at this point, but It appears to be a superior adapter plate for the MOS platform as it supports the Trijicon RMR front & rear instead of just relying on the recoil lugs and the two mounting screws. The C&H plate also completely covers the bottom of the RMR's footprint.

*Im gonna do an RMR install on a co-workers new Gen5 G19 MOS/FS tonight and I'll make a video to post here to hopefully help out.

cornstalker
10-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Very good info. Thanks for posting this.

The screws that come with the RMR that are too long are very easy to trim to the right length with the screw cutter on a good set of wire strippers. Are they made of an inferior material, or just too long?

ETA: I look forward to your video.

HCM
10-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Nik - can you post the video you did on this ? It was pretty good.

Super77
10-13-2018, 11:43 PM
Great thread. Where did the torque values come from? Do you do anything specific to seal the optic?

Mfbpt
10-14-2018, 02:46 PM
I also used the VibraTite Vc-3. I just tightened using the short end of the wrench that’s probably pretty close to 15 inch pounds. After 500 rounds nothing has loosened and still seems solid. One thing I did do is make 2 very small gaskets using a hole punch to punch out 2 small circles out of some helicopter tape. I stuck those to the screw heads of the mos plate which made them flush with the top of the rmr mounting plate. This makes it impossible for them to back out after you mount the rmr and you’ll only need to keep an eye on the rmr screws.

Mfbpt
10-14-2018, 03:11 PM
I did just order one of the C&H plates. They look really solid and clean looking. Thanks for the tip

Trukinjp13
10-15-2018, 08:38 AM
May I piggyback something here?

If you run into a screw you cant loosen from installing say red loctite. Be very careful with the chinese torx bits. They can very easily strip the screw out. I would suggest getting ahold of a snap-on bit. A lot harder metal and can save from having to drill a screw out. I know they are expensive. But sometimes you just need the right tool.

This thread should get a sticky. Just saying. You will help a lot of people here if they listen. The mrds and optics ready pistols are becoming huge, and this can apply to the others as well, if you pay attention lol. Thank you.

NickDrak
10-15-2018, 11:38 AM
May I piggyback something here?

If you run into a screw you cant loosen from installing say red loctite. Be very careful with the chinese torx bits. They can very easily strip the screw out. I would suggest getting ahold of a snap-on bit. A lot harder metal and can save from having to drill a screw out. I know they are expensive. But sometimes you just need the right tool.

This thread should get a sticky. Just saying. You will help a lot of people here if they listen. The mrds and optics ready pistols are becoming huge, and this can apply to the others as well, if you pay attention lol. Thank you.

Absolutely! Make sure you're using quality Hex/Torx bits when installing the screws. Otherwise you will eventually end up stripping out the heads of the screws. I have a nice kit from Chapman Tool that I ordered off of Amazon that I use.

NickDrak
10-15-2018, 11:41 AM
I did just order one of the C&H plates. They look really solid and clean looking. Thanks for the tip

Make sure you use the BattleWerx RMR mounting screws and NOT the screws provided in the Trijicon Sealing plate kit for the Glock MOS. The Trijicon screws are just slightly too long and will protrude through the bottom of the C&H Precision adapter plate. The BattleWerx screws are the perfect length for the C&H plate install.

Mfbpt
10-15-2018, 05:20 PM
Did you even use the sealing plate on the C&H plate?

HCM
10-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Make sure you use the BattleWerx RMR mounting screws and NOT the screws provided in the Trijicon Sealing plate kit for the Glock MOS. The Trijicon screws are just slightly too long and will protrude through the bottom of the C&H Precision adapter plate. The BattleWerx screws are the perfect length for the C&H plate install.

1) So with the Glock MOS plate, use the Trijcon screws because the Glock screws are too long and with the C&H plate use Battleworx screws because both the Glock and Trijicon screws ae too long for the C&H plate ?

2) Are you using a Trijicon or Battleworx sealing plate in conjunction with the C&H plate or is the C&H alone sufficient ?

okie john
10-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Useful.

Thanks.

Okie John

PensFan
10-15-2018, 07:58 PM
1) So with the Glock MOS plate, use the Trijcon screws because the Glock screws are too long and with the C&H plate use Battleworx screws because both the Glock and Trijicon screws ae too long for the C&H plate ?

2) Are you using a Trijicon or Battleworx sealing plate in conjunction with the C&H plate or is the C&H alone sufficient ?

Glock only provides screws to mount their MOS plates to the slide. What he’s talking about are the screws provided by Trijicon to mount the optic to the MOS plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mfbpt
10-17-2018, 08:37 PM
The C&H plate showed up today. My take on it is great design but not a good material to use. Their made of aluminum. There is no way I will install this plate on my Glock 34. Mounting the RMR to an aluminum plate with 2 screws just doesn’t sit well with me. Never would have made the purchase had I known what they were made of. May actually take it to a machine shop to see if they can duplicate it out of steel.

Trukinjp13
10-18-2018, 01:24 PM
The C&H plate showed up today. My take on it is great design but not a good material to use. Their made of aluminum. There is no way I will install this plate on my Glock 34. Mounting the RMR to an aluminum plate with 2 screws just doesn’t sit well with me. Never would have made the purchase had I known what they were made of. May actually take it to a machine shop to see if they can duplicate it out of steel.

What type of aluminum is it? That makes a huge difference on strength and durability. I sometimes prefer aluminum to steel depending on material.

Mfbpt
10-18-2018, 06:03 PM
They don’t say but I’m assuming it’s 7075. With the rmr using 2 small screws to mount aluminum is a poor material to screw into. I see it failing and the rmr flying off. If they would have made it out of steel it would have been perfect.

NickDrak
11-29-2018, 09:18 AM
They don’t say but I’m assuming it’s 7075. With the rmr using 2 small screws to mount aluminum is a poor material to screw into. I see it failing and the rmr flying off. If they would have made it out of steel it would have been perfect.

I don't know man, I have just over 4,000 rounds on one C&H plate that was mounted on two different Gen5 G34s. Hasn't flown away yet. I'll check it next time I change the battery to see if there's any potential issues.

Steve m
03-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Nick,

Any issues withe the C&H plate?

Grant P
03-06-2019, 04:44 PM
It looks like C&H came out with a Version 3 plate to mount the RMR on an MOS gun. I'm going to pick a couple up an I'll post some pics. I think the plate in conjunction with Nick's suggestion of Vibratite in lieu of blue Loctite will make me feel better about the mounting.

Larry Sellers
03-06-2019, 05:56 PM
I've got some parts on the way to mount up a loaned RMR to my 19.5 mos slide.

My first foray into the dot world....If I'm understanding it correctly I use the supplied glock screws with vibra tite to attach the plate to the slide, then use the trijicon kit screws to attach the rmr to the pistol again with vibra tite?

I'm mechanically inclined, I just want to be sure of the steps for a solid and reliable attempt out of the gate.

Thanks!

jwperry
03-06-2019, 08:12 PM
I've got some parts on the way to mount up a loaned RMR to my 19.5 mos slide.

My first foray into the dot world....If I'm understanding it correctly I use the supplied glock screws with vibra tite to attach the plate to the slide, then use the trijicon kit screws to attach the rmr to the pistol again with vibra tite?

I'm mechanically inclined, I just want to be sure of the steps for a solid and reliable attempt out of the gate.

Thanks!The Trijicon screws will be too long and you'll likely impede the extractor plunger's movement if you use them. You need shorter screws

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Larry Sellers
03-06-2019, 08:17 PM
The Trijicon screws will be too long and you'll likely impede the extractor plunger's movement if you use them. You need shorter screws

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TapatalkI went off of the OP's recommendation and the trijicon kit he referenced via the part number as I'm installing an RMR on the MOS. Do you know the length of the screws I would need then?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jwperry
03-06-2019, 08:40 PM
I went off of the OP's recommendation and the trijicon kit he referenced via the part number as I'm installing an RMR on the MOS. Do you know the length of the screws I would need then?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkSorry I missed Trijicon RMR mount kit, I thought you were referencing the screws that come with the RMR

Up1911Fan
04-10-2019, 07:01 PM

Nick,
Any updates on how the C&H plate is working? I just got an RMR and am figuring out on what/how I want to mount it to dip my toes into the RDS waters.

NickDrak
04-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Nick,
Any updates on how the C&H plate is working? I just got an RMR and am figuring out on what/how I want to mount it to dip my toes into the RDS waters.

I recently swapped out my original C&H plates for their newer V3 plates. So far I have just over 1,000rds on the new V3 plate on my Gen5 G34 MOS.

Last week I attended a low-light vehicle tactics class with it. I ran it pretty hard during that class. Racked the RMR off of dozens of vehicle pillars and rear spoilers during one-handed malfunction clearance. It held up fine. Screws haven't backed out at all and its still rock solid.

Up1911Fan
04-14-2019, 07:46 PM
I recently swapped out my original C&H plates for their newer V3 plates. So far I have just over 1,000rds on the new V3 plate on my Gen5 G34 MOS.

Last week I attended a low-light vehicle tactics class with it. I ran it pretty hard during that class. Racked the RMR off of dozens of vehicle pillars and rear spoilers during one-handed malfunction clearance. It held up fine. Screws haven't backed out at all and its still rock solid.

Thanks, I ordered one of the V3 plates. I think my plan is to get a pair of Gen5 G19 MOS's this week. I'll use the plate on one of them to start me off and get a some quality dry fire reps in while sending the other slide to Agency for the AOS cut. This will allow me to get some dot time in while the slide is with them for 8-10 weeks. Once that get's back i'll move the RMR to that slide and most likely send that one for the same treatment.

JBP55
04-14-2019, 09:24 PM

I ordered a CH plate for a Gen 5 G19MOS and it did not fit the optic. I called CH and left a message months ago and never heard back from them.

BangBang
05-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Great information. I have a question and it is probably a lil off topic. Anyone have issues with the Trijicon RMR, not the new version, but the 1st one with the dot going out and back on. I read that it was some connector that connects the battery????

BK14
05-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Great information. I have a question and it is probably a lil off topic. Anyone have issues with the Trijicon RMR, not the new version, but the 1st one with the dot going out and back on. I read that it was some connector that connects the battery????

Yeah, it’s a known issue with the type 1s. If you’re having issues, you can try sending it back and see if trijicon will replace with a type 2. Other options are electrical tape on the base of the slide, some have tried using silicon on the base of the slide, and then battle werx makes a plate which pushes the battery up for better contact.

I’d try option 1, seeing if trijicon will warranty, then the battle werx plate if not.

s0nspark
05-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Two questions...

Are you using the RMR sealing plate? (I would say you should, if you are not)

Have you shimmed the battery with electrical tape or something similar? (You should, if you are not) :)

Cut out some little squares of electrical tape and put them on the plate side of the battery. I found some brands of batteries to be a LOT thinner than others - I ended up using Duracells to good effect.

Some folks also bend the little battery contact arm to make better contact but after applying the above measures I did not need to.

s0nspark
05-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Yeah, it’s a known issue with the type 1s. If you’re having issues, you can try sending it back and see if trijicon will replace with a type 2. Other options are electrical tape on the base of the slide, some have tried using silicon on the base of the slide, and then battle werx makes a plate which pushes the battery up for better contact.

I’d try option 1, seeing if trijicon will warranty, then the battle werx plate if not.

These are also good points.

The Battlewerx plate was always out of stock when I was of a mind to order it so I stuck with the electable tape method.

I do highly recommend the Battlewerx MOS replacement screws BTW... I hated those OEM screws with a passion ;)

einherjarvalk
05-12-2019, 07:05 PM
My ACRO MOS mounting plate screws started walking out this weekend. Reinstalled with OP's suggestions, but while I was cleaning up one of the two screws for plate reinstall, it snapped in my hands. Hoping it's just a weak screw, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had similar experiences (and what the Torx screw size is that I'll need in case I need backups).

Also, definitely using VC3 for everything from here on out. Even in this extremely limited application I could feel just how much more securely it was grabbing the threads during the install.

Mitch
05-12-2019, 07:39 PM
My ACRO MOS mounting plate screws started walking out this weekend. Reinstalled with OP's suggestions, but while I was cleaning up one of the two screws for plate reinstall, it snapped in my hands. Hoping it's just a weak screw, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had similar experiences (and what the Torx screw size is that I'll need in case I need backups).

Also, definitely using VC3 for everything from here on out. Even in this extremely limited application I could feel just how much more securely it was grabbing the threads during the install.

Did the screws have any locking compound on them originally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

einherjarvalk
05-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Did the screws have any locking compound on them originally?

They previously had some blue loctite that was applied by Glock at the factory. They're the same screws I've been using for the last 6,000 rounds or so, but neglected to reapply loctite to after removing the RMR plate and installing the ACRO plate.

BangBang
05-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Thanks BK14 and @sOnspark, I do use the plate from trijicon but have not done the electrical tape. I may try the warranty first and I did see the plate from Battle Werx, looks good. Appreciate the help.

GJM
05-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Glock has new MOS installation instructions out.

HeavyDuty
06-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Are the C&H v3 plates still considered to be good? I’m trying to gather everything I need for a new 19.5 MOS with RDS build.

JBP55
06-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Are the C&H v3 plates still considered to be good? I’m trying to gather everything I need for a new 19.5 MOS with RDS build.

I ordered one which Did Not Fit the optic. Sent it back for a refund months ago and never received a refund.

HeavyDuty
06-18-2019, 09:04 AM
I ordered one which Did Not Fit the optic. Sent it back for a refund months ago and never received a refund.

Did you follow up with them?

HeavyDuty
06-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Well, C&H certainly ships fast enough. I ordered it two hours ago and already have a tracking number.

JBP55
06-18-2019, 01:00 PM
Did you follow up with them?

Sent a e mail and never got a response. Left a phone message and got no response. Finally got the owner on the phone and he set it fit the optics he had. I told him it Did Not fit the optic when Interstate Guns tried to install it on a new Gen 5 G34 and Interstate showed me it would not work. The owner said he would refund my money and I never received the refund. I have been purchasing firearms and firearms products for a very long time and never posted about anything like this lack of service but I am ready to post it everywhere if I do not receive my refund. They kept their product and my money.

HeavyDuty
06-18-2019, 01:18 PM
Sent a e mail and never got a response. Left a phone message and got no response. Finally got the owner on the phone and he set it fit the optics he had. I told him it Did Not fit the optic when Interstate Guns tried to install it on a new Gen 5 G34 and Interstate showed me it would not work. The owner said he would refund my money and I never received the refund. I have been purchasing firearms and firearms products for a very long time and never posted about anything like this lack of service but I am ready to post it everywhere if I do not receive my refund. They kept their product and my money.

No bueno.

Grant P
07-04-2019, 04:00 PM
Here are some pics comparing the C&H Trijicon/Holosun V3 plate to the Glock OEM 02 Plate for Trijicon along with some RMR/Acro comparisons. I know I took a pic of the RMR on the C&H mount, but can't find it right now:rolleyes:

Grant P
07-04-2019, 04:13 PM
I like the way the RMR fits the C&H Mount, and had to press the RMR into place, using hand strength only, which resulted in a soft but satisfying "snap" of the optic into place. I'm probably going to replace the RMR with an ACRO on this G19, and move the RMR to a PMM Comped P320, but for now this is my dryfire/training gun while the ACRO'd pistol is my carry gun.

RAM Engineer
07-05-2019, 03:31 PM
The CH PWS plate is advertised as being thicker and having more thread area. I would guess it probably NEEDS more thread area if it is just 6061 aluminum vs steel.

ssb
07-05-2019, 05:07 PM
I did the v3 CHPWS RMR plate thing the other week.

Installed, got a great zero, and then noticed the plate was loose from the gun after 186 rounds (RMR was solid on the plate). Re-applied Vibra Tite and re-torqued the screws. So far 651 rounds since the re-install, including a 425-round session today, with no loss of zero or movement in the optic. I'm optimistic that it was just an improper install on my part.

RAM Engineer
07-12-2019, 04:10 PM

Nick,

Have you tried Rocksett vs Vibra-Tite? C&H plate still working good?

NickDrak
07-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Nick,

Have you tried Rocksett vs Vibra-Tite? C&H plate still working good?

Nope. VC-3 is the all I run on RMR screws. I don’t think Rocksett is suitable for PMO application due to how it needs to cure.

C&H V3 still going strong. Just wrapped up another 1500 rounds on the C&H over the past 5 days while testing my Trijicon SRO.

CLaw
07-13-2019, 06:16 PM
So, as I was tightening to 15 lb torque on the plate screw with Vic-3 I felt the bit slip. I’ve rounded one side of the hex. :( I also think I went overboard on the VC-3... Question is, do I just not worry about it now, and leave it alone unless the plate comes lose, or try to deal with it now? Ugh...

Mfbpt
07-13-2019, 06:57 PM
I’d do it over and make sure you’re using inch not foot pounds. Also use quality fastener bits.

Mfbpt
07-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Also I doubt you went over board on the Vc-3. It will break free fairly easily but it resists loosening from vibrations.

CLaw
07-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Thanks. Got it out, and redid it with Battlewerx screws that I had bought extra... Hopefully it holds. lol

Also I doubt you went over board on the Vc-3. It will break free fairly easily but it resists loosening from vibrations.

bgrambo
08-01-2019, 11:21 PM
Hey GJM,

Where did you find these at?

Glock has new MOS installation instructions out.

HeavyDuty
08-09-2019, 09:22 AM
My new BL 19.5 MOS finally here, and the C&H v3 plate and RMR are in hand. VC-3 is on order, it should be here Saturday. I did a quick test fit of the MOS plate and optic, but will not be shooting it until the threadlocker is in place. I also just ordered small bits for the Fatwrench that will work for these fasteners that should be here Saturday, they seem to be 5/64” and 1/16” but may be metric so I have both coming. I’m using the fasteners supplied by C&H.

Nick, do I apply the VC-3 to all four screws or just the ones mounting the plate to the slide?

Here it is ready for the threadlocker:

Up1911Fan
08-09-2019, 02:43 PM
My new BL 19.5 MOS finally here, and the C&H v3 plate and RMR are in hand. VC-3 is on order, it should be here Saturday. I did a quick test fit of the MOS plate and optic, but will not be shooting it until the threadlocker is in place. I also just ordered small bits for the Fatwrench that will work for these fasteners that should be here Saturday, they seem to be 5/64” and 1/16” but may be metric so I have both coming. I’m using the fasteners supplied by C&H.

Nick, do I apply the VC-3 to all four screws or just the ones mounting the plate to the slide?

I used it on all the screws for the exact same setup as yours. When you figure out which small bits work for the FAT please add it here as i'd like to order them as well.

Mfbpt
08-09-2019, 08:28 PM

I’d us the vc3 on all the screws. That’s what I did on my mos 34 and haven’t had any issues

HeavyDuty
08-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Well, crap. Amazon screwed up my order for the VC-3, it won’t be here until Monday (instead of today) - I expected to sight in the RMR tomorrow or Monday. I can’t find the stuff at retail - has anyone had luck finding it over the counter?

HeavyDuty
08-10-2019, 07:22 PM
I used it on all the screws for the exact same setup as yours. When you figure out which small bits work for the FAT please add it here as i'd like to order them as well.

The C&H hardware is not metric, this is the cheap set I bought for now. I’ll keep an eye out for quality 1/16” and 5/64” bits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BXBWXW2

ssb
08-11-2019, 08:05 AM
I'll cross 2,000 rounds with the CHPWS v3 plate and an RMR07 Type 2 today. I'll do a brief write-up once it's done, but so far -- apart from an install error -- no issues and no zero loss.

HeavyDuty
08-12-2019, 07:47 PM
What a pain in the ass.

I dry assembled everything a few days ago, and even torqued the RMR-to-plate fasteners to 10 inch/pounds using my brandy-dandy new Wheeler Fatwrench. The VC-3 arrived today, and the fasteners were frozen in place. One popped with a crack after turning the hex key into spiral art, but I had to drill the other out. No biggie, but these are fasteners that need to be pulled at every battery change.

The VC-3 is curing right now, but I also applied a dab of antiseize to the countersinks on both the mounting plate and the RMR. I’m certain it was friction between the fastener head and the countersink that caused the problem.

RAM Engineer
08-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Most of this stuff is mentioned elsewhere in this thread, or common sense, but I wanted to capture all the relevant info for mounting an RMR to a MOS Glock from Trijicon's FAQ and direct email correspondance with Trijicon.

Q: I used an “anti-flicker” sealing plate from a different manufacturer for my RMR Type 1. Can I continue to use this plate with the new RMR Type 2?
A: Trijicon strongly recommends that users do not use sealing plates that include a raised surface with the new RMR Type 2. The “bump” in these style plates can potentially crush the RMR Type 2’s redesigned electronics. The upgraded RMR Type 2 has been designed so that it functions without the need for an anti-flicker sealing plate. (Trijicon’s RM63 sealing plate does not have a raised surface and is compatible with the RMR Type 2).

Q: When should the RMR sealing plate be used?
A: The RMR sealing plate should be used if ANY of the following are true:
1. Mounting surface is interrupted, or
2. Mounting surface has through features, or
3. Mount surface does not fully encompass sealing boundary

Q: What parts are needed to mount an RMR on my Glock® MOS?
A: To mount an RMR on the Glock® MOS pistol, a Trijicon RMR Mounting kit (AC32064) is required. This part is not included with the RMR or the Glock® MOS.

Q: Do I need to use the sealing plate when mounting an RMR on the Glock® MOS pistol
A: Yes, you need to use the sealing plate.

Q: What bit size are the screws in the AC32064 mounting kit?
A: The screw is a T10 TORX

Q: What torque value do the screws in the AC32064 mounting kit require?
A: Torque the screws to 12-15 INCH LBS.

RAM Engineer
08-19-2019, 12:26 PM
Mods, can we get this moved to the "Red Dot" subforum and pinned, so this info doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

mark7
09-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Using the majority of the suggestions here: C&H V3 plate nad sealing plate, BattleWerx RMR mounting screws, and VibraTite VC-3. This came together today.

Thanx for all the pointers!!

AKDoug
09-02-2019, 02:15 AM
What a pain in the ass.

I dry assembled everything a few days ago, and even torqued the RMR-to-plate fasteners to 10 inch/pounds using my brandy-dandy new Wheeler Fatwrench. The VC-3 arrived today, and the fasteners were frozen in place. One popped with a crack after turning the hex key into spiral art, but I had to drill the other out. No biggie, but these are fasteners that need to be pulled at every battery change.

The VC-3 is curing right now, but I also applied a dab of antiseize to the countersinks on both the mounting plate and the RMR. I’m certain it was friction between the fastener head and the countersink that caused the problem.

Pretty common on countersunk steel screws into anodized aluminum. You're on the right track with a little anti-seize in the countersink. In the past, blue loctite has solved the problem as well as it provides some sort of layer between the metal surfaces. I bet the VC-3 would do the same thing.

HeavyDuty
09-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Pretty common on countersunk steel screws into anodized aluminum. You're on the right track with a little anti-seize in the countersink. In the past, blue loctite has solved the problem as well as it provides some sort of layer between the metal surfaces. I bet the VC-3 would do the same thing.

I’m just surprised it happened so quickly.

AKDoug
09-02-2019, 05:05 PM
I’m just surprised it happened so quickly.
I actually don't think it's corrosion, it's galling between the taper on the head of the screw and the taper of the countersunk hole. Makes it pretty much instantaneous.

Mjolnir
10-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Good information.

This should be a sticky.

Trukinjp13
10-12-2019, 09:12 PM
I second this

JR1572
11-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Has anyone tried using a lower dawson sight combo? I recently read that a .305 rear and .300 front sight combo was suggested to have open up space in the rmr window. Has anyone experimented with this?

msh
11-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Has anyone tried using a lower dawson sight combo? I recently read that a .305 rear and .300 front sight combo was suggested to have open up space in the rmr window. Has anyone experimented with this?I had Dawson make a custom MOS rear for a Brownells cut slide. They measure from top of slide to bottom of notch if I recall correctly.

With one of the Holosun dots on it the bottom of the notch sits equal with sight base so it's about as low as it will sit with the notch unoccluded.

I don't remember exact dimensions but I can look them up. I put the dot on, measured with calipers, then ordered rear.

It had to be custom as Dawson tends to stock tighter notch widths and I wanted it wider.

It worked out well and worth the hassle.

JSGlock34
02-15-2020, 11:52 AM
We should sticky this one in the Red Dot forum.

JSGlock34
02-15-2020, 12:30 PM
Mods, can we get this moved to the "Red Dot" subforum and pinned, so this info doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

Good information.

This should be a sticky.

I second this

Paging GJM

ssb
02-15-2020, 03:48 PM
FWIW, I now have a hair over 4,000 documented rounds on one of my CHPWS v3 plates. It has not loosened in that time. My other plate is running well at exactly 1,300 rounds, but it doesn't get shot often (it's on my carry gun).

I torque to 15 inch/lbs and use Vibratite VC3 as recommended in this thread.

StraitR
02-15-2020, 04:09 PM
@ssb (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=6556) thanks for the update on your CHPWS V3 Plate. Mine is out for delivery, so I'll be installing tonight or tomorrow.

From what I've seen on YT, the back of the CHPWS V3 plate bag has installation instructions, stating 8 in lbs of torque for screws to attach plate to slide, and 6.5 in lbs torque for screws that attach RMR to the plate.

@NickDrak (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=276) mentioned 14-15 in lbs for installing with factory MOS plate in his original post. Nick, did you use the recommended 8/6.5 numbers on your CHPWS plate, or go with the 15 used on the factory MOS steel plate?

NickDrak
02-15-2020, 04:36 PM
@ssb (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=6556) thanks for the update on your CHPWS V3 Plate. Mine is out for delivery, so I'll be installing tonight or tomorrow.

From what I've seen on YT, the back of the CHPWS V3 plate bag has installation instructions, stating 8 in lbs of torque for screws to attach plate to slide, and 6.5 in lbs torque for screws that attach RMR to the plate.

@NickDrak (https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?u=276) mentioned 14-15 in lbs for installing with factory MOS plate in his original post. Nick, did you use the recommended 8/6.5 numbers on your CHPWS plate, or go with the 15 used on the factory MOS steel plate?

So while the C&H plate is superior to the factory MOS plates, the screws that are included (at least the last time I bought mine) were YFS screws from Taiwan. I always replace the factory screws with US made Torx Plus screws from NcMaster Carr. These M3 screws work on the C&H V3 plate, as well as the factory MOS plates: https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/high-quality-torx-screws-for-glock-mos-plates-set-of-2/

I still recommend applying the Vibratite VC3 and using 15 ins/lbs of torque.

If you are running a Trijicon RMR on your C&H plate, get these Torx Plus 4-40 screws to mount the RMR to the C&H V3 plate: http://www.battlewerx.com/trijicon-rmr-mounting-screws-battle-werx-cut-slides-only-4-40-x-3-8-torx-pair/
Use 14 in/lbs of torque on the RMR screws.

GJM
02-15-2020, 06:40 PM
Paging GJM

I don’t know how to move it, but will check with someone who does.

BehindBlueI's
02-15-2020, 10:51 PM
I don’t know how to move it, but will check with someone who does.

Done.

StraitR
02-18-2020, 09:54 AM
So while the C&H plate is superior to the factory MOS plates, the screws that are included (at least the last time I bought mine) were YFS screws from Taiwan. I always replace the factory screws with US made Torx Plus screws from NcMaster Carr. These M3 screws work on the C&H V3 plate, as well as the factory MOS plates: https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/high-quality-torx-screws-for-glock-mos-plates-set-of-2/

I still recommend applying the Vibratite VC3 and using 15 ins/lbs of torque.

If you are running a Trijicon RMR on your C&H plate, get these Torx Plus 4-40 screws to mount the RMR to the C&H V3 plate: http://www.battlewerx.com/trijicon-rmr-mounting-screws-battle-werx-cut-slides-only-4-40-x-3-8-torx-pair/
Use 14 in/lbs of torque on the RMR screws.

After receiving my CHPWS V3 plate and looking at the included hardware, I went ahead and ordered both sets of the above suggested screws.

Thanks

EricM
02-21-2020, 07:25 PM
Sounds like Forward Controls Design is planning to release their OPF-G RMR next weekend. Steel MOS mounting plate for RMR/SRO, nitride finish, no sealing plate required, shipping with a tube of VC3 and Torx screws for mounting the plate to the slide and optic to the plate. Holosun version to follow. More prototype pics and info in this arfcom thread (https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/MOS-owners-get-in-here-/13-188416/?page=8#i2201838). Time will tell, but this checks all the right boxes and my impression is these guys have their act together. I'll be grabbing one of these plates to go with the 45 MOS and SRO I just picked up this week.

Prototype:

dfeder530
02-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Anyone know about the CHPWS V4 RMR MOS plate? They're having a sale on their V3 and curious if it's worth it to wait for the new version supposedly coming in April.

http://www.chpws.com/product/holosun-glock-mos-adapter-plate-v3

ssb
02-23-2020, 11:19 AM
Today I found a failure on one of my CHPWS v3 plates.

My Holosun 508T battery was dying (unexpectedly soon...) and so I removed the optic to replace it. I then noticed the threaded posts had sheared off the plate and came out with the screws. The plate has 4275 rounds on it total and I last had the plate off in November, about 2000 rounds ago, so I cannot specifically say when the failure occurred. The gun has not been dropped or otherwise abused. I noticed no loss of zero during that time.

Unfortunately, the MOS plate screws stripped out this morning while trying to remove them... Hooray. I've reinstalled the optic for the time being -- my thought is that the screws plus the bosses on the plate ought to keep it on there. However, I'll probably be replacing the CHPWS plates I have with steel FCD plates once they're available.

https://i.imgur.com/40WaSHB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1MQXoc8.jpg

StraitR
02-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Anyone know about the CHPWS V4 RMR MOS plate? They're having a sale on their V3 and curious if it's worth it to wait for the new version supposedly coming in April.

Dammit, I just got my V3.

StraitR
02-24-2020, 09:52 PM
I needed to get rid of the Type 1 RM02, so I'm in it to win it with the V3 plate. We'll see how it holds up. Seems like a better mousetrap than the factory plate (in disassembly, I had very little thread engagement). By the time I need a battery change, it looks like they'll be more than a couple steel plate options.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49581464263_080840a37b_c.jpg

cornstalker
02-24-2020, 11:28 PM
Today I found a failure on one of my CHPWS v3 plates.

My Holosun 508T battery was dying (unexpectedly soon...) and so I removed the optic to replace it. I then noticed the threaded posts had sheared off the plate and came out with the screws. The plate has 4275 rounds on it total and I last had the plate off in November, about 2000 rounds ago, so I cannot specifically say when the failure occurred. The gun has not been dropped or otherwise abused. I noticed no loss of zero during that time.

Unfortunately, the MOS plate screws stripped out this morning while trying to remove them... Hooray. I've reinstalled the optic for the time being -- my thought is that the screws plus the bosses on the plate ought to keep it on there. However, I'll probably be replacing the CHPWS plates I have with steel FCD plates once they're available.

https://i.imgur.com/40WaSHB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1MQXoc8.jpg

Are you going to contact C&H to see what they have to say? I would be curious to see what they think.

Just a thought on removing that stripped screw holding the plate to the slide. Heat up a soldering iron and hold it on the screw head for a while to soften the thread locker. Then pound a slightly oversized Torx bit into the rounded hex and see if it will come out. I have had good luck with that in the past.

ssb
02-24-2020, 11:44 PM
Are you going to contact C&H to see what they have to say? I would be curious to see what they think.

Just a thought on removing that stripped screw holding the plate to the slide. Heat up a soldering iron and hold it on the screw head for a while to soften the thread locker. Then pound a slightly oversized Torx bit into the rounded hex and see if it will come out. I have had good luck with that in the past.

I contacted CHPWS. Forgot to mention that in the post, but they are replacing the plate.

They claim that the plate functioned as designed. I didn't ask them to elaborate on that, as I'm not sure what they were referring to.

HCM
02-27-2020, 12:19 AM

Is the V4 still aluminum?

Gio
02-28-2020, 11:20 AM
I contacted CHPWS. Forgot to mention that in the post, but they are replacing the plate.

They claim that the plate functioned as designed. I didn't ask them to elaborate on that, as I'm not sure what they were referring to.

My guess would be they mean the raised screw holes absorbed the force of recoil and broke off before the screws had a chance to shear off.

Out of curiousity, how tight does the holosun fit on the V3 plate? Is there any gap at all between the front of the plate and the optic or the back of the MOS cut and the optic? Can you take a close up profile picture of the optic on the plate and slide? I just put an SRO on a V3 plate and it definitely makes contact at the front of the plate and back of the MOS cut, which would help distribute force on the front and back surface of the optic body rather than on the optic screws/raised screw holes on the plate. I would imagine if there is any gap between the optic and the front or back of the plate, you will get significantly more shearing force on the screw holes.

noguns
03-01-2020, 04:42 PM

noguns
03-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Sorry for the crappy pics.

That is a 508t on a v3 c&h plate. I actually was hoping it would be more snug. Quite a bit of play before threadi g the bolts.

cornstalker
03-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Aren't the machined bosses there to take some of the shear load off of the screws, regardless of contact on the outer housing?

Newportl
03-02-2020, 10:09 PM
For those of you using the CHPWS plate for your MOS/Glock/RMR Type2 combos - are you using the Trijicon sealing plate as well? I wasn't able to get mine to fit over the bosses on the CHPWS plate.

HCM
03-02-2020, 11:33 PM
For those of you using the CHPWS plate for your MOS/Glock/RMR Type2 combos - are you using the Trijicon sealing plate as well? I wasn't able to get mine to fit over the bosses on the CHPWS plate.

No. Use one or the other. The CHPWS plate extends out the sides and seals the base of the RMR. CHPWS explains this in the YouTube video I linked up thread.

Newportl
03-03-2020, 10:22 PM
No. Use one or the other. The CHPWS plate extends out the sides and seals the base of the RMR. CHPWS explains this in the YouTube video I linked up thread.

Thanks! I thought I saw that piece of info somewhere, but couldn't find it.

I got everything mounted up per the OP's instructions. It's curing and off to the range tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a local source for the smaller bits, Home Depot has a DeWalt 9 pc bit set that includes the needed 5/64" and 1/16". The part number is DWA1HSMF9. These work fine with the Wheeler Engineering torque screwdriver.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-MAXFIT-1-in-Hex-Set-9-Piece-DWA1HSMF9/309474861

JSGlock34
03-09-2020, 06:37 PM
Forward Controls Design has released their steel plate for the MOS system.

OPF-G, RMR (https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html)

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/assets/images/IMG_5091.jpeg
https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/assets/images/IMG_5093.jpeg
https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/assets/images/IMG_5092.jpeg

HeavyDuty
04-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Interesting - the CHPWS V4 plate comes in two different polymer versions and one metal, and one of the polymer ones has a RMR guard. I think I like the idea... but want to think about it more. No live link yet, but there were pics and details in an email today. I’m currently using a V3 with no complaints, but having a front window protector could be beneficial.

noguns
04-18-2020, 07:51 PM
"V4 plate giving you the ability to replace the mounting hardware without replacing the entire plate."

Are they implying that my V3 plate is going to come apart and need replacing whenever I need to replace my battery? I noticed the aluminum plate is marketed for le/mil. Can anyone chime in on the use of a polymer plate? I don't know of anyone else using a non metal MOS type plate.

I'll wait for my battery to die. Also by then forward controls will have one for holosuns.

bshnt2015
06-07-2020, 01:32 PM
CHPWS V4 just installed this on the G-19 MOS, seems solid and better designed then the Glock OEM.

HeavyDuty
08-16-2020, 01:58 PM
CHPWS V4 just installed this on the G-19 MOS, seems solid and better designed then the Glock OEM.

Any updates? Which version? I’m considering changing out my V3 for a V4 Defender to gain some lens protection.

JSGlock34
09-07-2020, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTBu2Xy2d0k

Erick Gelhaus
11-19-2020, 07:47 PM
Not sure where else to put this. Got an email from a student. He's a Canoe U grad (USNA) and a commercial pilot. Anyone with enough time on a Glock MOS pistol to opine on this?

Here's the student's question:

I am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
It doesn't happen consistently-only twice in approximately 2k rounds. It is not loose - can not be moved by hand.
Have you ever heard of this happening? Maybe the plate puts pressure on the strip of metal in front of the dovetail am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
Maybe it is just the dovetail.

Thoughts? I finally got my hands on a MOS gun but it'll be a bit before I get enough rounds through it to have any thoughts.

eta: Type 2 RMR and the C&H precision V4 mil/leo plate.

HeavyDuty
11-19-2020, 07:56 PM
Not sure where else to put this. Got an email from a student. He's a Canoe U grad (USNA) and a commercial pilot. Anyone with enough time on a Glock MOS pistol to opine on this?

Here's the student's question:

I am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
It doesn't happen consistently-only twice in approximately 2k rounds. It is not loose - can not be moved by hand.
Have you ever heard of this happening? Maybe the plate puts pressure on the strip of metal in front of the dovetail am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
Maybe it is just the dovetail.

Thoughts? I finally got my hands on a MOS gun but it'll be a bit before I get enough rounds through it to have any thoughts.

eta: Type 2 RMR and the C&H precision V4 mil/leo plate.

Interesting. I had my rear move to the left once - it’s a pressed in (i.e. not fitted) Ameriglo suppressor set on a 19.5 MOs with a C&H V3 and a RMR. I told myself if it happens again, I’ll wick some Loctite into the dovetail.

RJ
03-13-2021, 01:03 PM
Hopefully this is the right thread to ask this question. Scenario is an optic install for my Glock 48 non-MOS. I want to get it milled for a Holosun 507k.

I am seeing at least three options on what to do with the rear sight. Here is a set of options from a typical vendor (Battlewerx).

Is there any obvious choice here? This will be for carry.

Based on what little I think I know (not a lot) the 507k optic body can serve as a rudimentary backup rear sight based on its shape. Since milling is a one-way trip, and I won’t (?) need a rear sight, I’m thinking option 3?

Joe45
06-12-2021, 05:46 PM
I just ordered a Holosun 507C x2 for my first entry into dots. (Green in this case) it will go on a G19.5 Mos

Is there a cliff notes version of the best plate to buy and if I need anything else? Is the CHWPS still the best way to go?

Thanks in advance.

Up1911Fan
06-12-2021, 06:25 PM
I just ordered a Holosun 507C x2 for my first entry into dots. (Green in this case) it will go on a G19.5 Mos

Is there a cliff notes version of the best plate to buy and if I need anything else? Is the CHWPS still the best way to go?

Thanks in advance.
Yep. V4 Leo plate.

P226SAOFan
06-12-2021, 07:16 PM
Since milling is a one-way trip, and I won’t (?) need a rear sight, I’m thinking option 3?

I recommend option 1, since the k series can already have a low co-witness with regular height irons. You wont really lose anything keeping the stock iron on the rear. Just my 2 cents and through process I had on my 43. Even the stock plastic sights worked fine for a low co-witness with a slide milled for my 507k and my 48 mos. Personal preference though as always though maybe you dont need it.

DpdG
09-10-2021, 02:32 PM
New to MOS, having only done direct mill before, and have a couple questions:

1) Will the FCD RMR/SRO plate work with a 507Cx2? I know the lugs and bolt pattern are the same between Trij and Holosun, but not positive about body shape being compatible for the tightly fitted FCD plate.

2) Sight suggestions for low witness, assuming solid black. GL-429 or…?

Clusterfrack
09-10-2021, 02:39 PM
I have a G5 G17 MOS collecting dust in the safe. I’m thinking it would be a good host for an Acro P-2. However, direct milling for the Acro seems better. Could/should I have the slide direct milled for the Acro? Or wait for aftermarket slides to be available? Any suggestions?

backtrail540
09-11-2021, 06:21 AM
I have a G5 G17 MOS collecting dust in the safe. I’m thinking it would be a good host for an Acro P-2. However, direct milling for the Acro seems better. Could/should I have the slide direct milled for the Acro? Or wait for aftermarket slides to be available? Any suggestions?

I have not seen anyone milling an mos slide for the acro or 509t, as I believe the mos plate system has too much material missing to be useful. My understanding is that for a direct mill you need a standard slide as a canvas.

Clusterfrack
09-11-2021, 10:44 AM
I have not seen anyone milling an mos slide for the acro or 509t, as I believe the mos plate system has too much material missing to be useful. My understanding is that for a direct mill you need a standard slide as a canvas.

Thanks. I came to that conclusion as well, after some research. What I'd really like are specs for the height of the optic of an ACRO on a MOS plate vs. direct milling on a Glock slide.

23JAZ
09-11-2021, 11:32 AM
I milled off the rear lugs and shaved the front lugs down to .028”. Buffed it all down and coated the exposed metal with Duracoat. Then I had to cut the Holosun screws. The left side got cut to .400” and the right (extractor side) got cut to .395”. I also coated the exposed tips of the screws. I am really liking the sight picture with stock height sights. Now I’m just waiting on the rear sight Don over at Ameriglo suggested so there is no overhang.
Also still looking for Black Oxide M4x.7x10mm Torx/Torx+ with a .250” head diameter stock screws which seem to be unicorns!

23JAZ
09-23-2021, 06:44 AM
So the 507K was junk right out of the box. It would go into the highest setting on its own. Holosun did a great job and got me a replacement the same week. They got my return on a Tuesday and I had my replacement on that Saturday. These were the first 5 shots with the new 507K at 25 yards. 200 rounds so far and no issues.

WobblyPossum
02-22-2022, 08:36 PM
I’ve just purchased a Gen 5 G19 MOS to use for work. The only authorized optics right now are the Trijicon RMR Type 2 and the Sig Romeo 1 Pro. I’m going to go with the RMR. My only other red dot on a handgun is a Holosun 507C direct milled to another Glock. Ive got a couple of questions since this is my first go around with the Glock MOS system.

I’ve narrowed down the plate to either the FCD one or the CHPWS V4. Is there any reason to choose one over the other? Are both equally sturdy and durable? I like the T post idea of the CHPWS plate. The costs seem comparable.

Policy requires suppressor height BUIS. They don’t have to be tritium night sights but can be if I choose. The only requirement is that they must clear the optic so you can get a sight picture but there’s no specific height requirement. I would prefer them to cowitness as low as possible while still clearing the window. Most of my Glock iron sights are Ameriglo but their suppressor height sights look like they’d be higher than I’d like. I see CHPWS markets a set they say has a very low cowitness. 10-8 Performance has a rear sight that looks like it barely clears and MOS mounted optic too. Dawson Precision also sells MOS compatible sights. Any suggestions here?

TC215
02-22-2022, 08:50 PM
I’ve just purchased a Gen 5 G19 MOS to use for work. The only authorized optics right now are the Trijicon RMR Type 2 and the Sig Romeo 1 Pro. I’m going to go with the RMR. My only other red dot on a handgun is a Holosun 507C direct milled to another Glock. Ive got a couple of questions since this is my first go around with the Glock MOS system.

I’ve narrowed down the plate to either the FCD one or the CHPWS V4. Is there any reason to choose one over the other? Are both equally sturdy and durable? I like the T post idea of the CHPWS plate. The costs seem comparable.

Policy requires suppressor height BUIS. They don’t have to be tritium night sights but can be if I choose. The only requirement is that they must clear the optic so you can get a sight picture but there’s no specific height requirement. I would prefer them to cowitness as low as possible while still clearing the window. Most of my Glock iron sights are Ameriglo but their suppressor height sights look like they’d be higher than I’d like. I see CHPWS markets a set they say has a very low cowitness. 10-8 Performance has a rear sight that looks like it barely clears and MOS mounted optic too. Dawson Precision also sells MOS compatible sights. Any suggestions here?

FWIW, FBI is using the CHPWS plate, along with a 10-8 rear sight and an Ameriglo front.

HCM
02-22-2022, 09:36 PM
FWIW, FBI is using the CHPWS plate, along with a 10-8 rear sight and an Ameriglo front.

The MOS guns on our test program also used the CHPWS plate. Unfortunately it’s not (or not yet) specified in our new POW guide. They also don’t mention the fact that the screws that come with the armor are too long.

We are also authorized for slide milling but there are no detailed requirements other than the cut needs to be refinished with, if I recall correctly nitride or cerakote.

HCM
02-22-2022, 09:37 PM
Double tap

HCM
02-22-2022, 09:46 PM

They used CHPWS during the field tests.

Re BUIS - I’ve had good luck with Dawson.

RMR: Dawson .335 Rear .330 Front
SRO: Dawson .360 Rear .370 Front
You can use the .335/.330 on the SRO, but your irons will barely be there and since the SRO has more window, the .360 has worked well.

This is Gen5 MOS with RMR/CHPWS and the above listed Dawsons.

This thread may be helpful:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?46603-Current-best-Gen-5-Glock-MOS-optic-plate-sights-setup

WobblyPossum
02-22-2022, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys! This is why I ask here first. I’ll check out the thread HCM linked. I’m now leaning towards the CHPWS plate. GJM, I saw that you mentioned the CHPWS sights in another thread. How do you have that gun set up? What do you think of the sights?

ArgentFix
03-09-2022, 09:37 PM
If you are mounting a Trijicon RMR you can just purchase the Trijicon brand AC32064 "RMR Mounting Kit For Glock MOS" which includes the proper length screws.

The screws included with my AC32064 kit were still too long with gasket:

They seem cheap with "crowns" and uneven bottoms. Underside of RMR attached to MOS plate, with gasket:

I filed the screws flat, assembled with Vibra-Tite VC3, let it set 24 hours, zeroed and shot 500 rounds. It's working.

But this seems far more annoying than it should be to mount a (the?) premium RDS to a (the?) premium RDS-ready pistol line.