PDA

View Full Version : Outrage after MS high school band glamorizes police being murdered

HCM
10-06-2018, 10:54 AM
https://www.leoaffairs.com/outrage-after-high-school-band-glamorizes-police-being-murdered-1-week-after-two-area-officers-killed/

Outrage after high school band glamorizes police being murdered 1 week after two area officers killed

A halftime show by the Forest Hill High School band in Mississippi is drawing widespread condemnation after they depicted doctors and nurses gunning down police officers, less than a week after two Brookhaven officers were fatally shot in the line of duty.

Brookhaven police officers James White and Zach Moak were shot and killed by 25-year-old Marquis Flowers in the early morning hours last Saturday after responding to reports of shots fired. Their funerals were held on Wednesday and Thursday this week.

At no point in time is this acceptable. At any school, at any performance, in any town.

If you agree that this is unacceptable and a public apology and holding both students and staff accountable for this are necessary here is Forest Hill’s high school’s assistant superintendent’s email:

obelcher@jackson.k12.ms.us

You can reach the district here:

https://www.jackson.k12.ms.us/ContactForestHill

blues
10-06-2018, 11:01 AM
This is the America some are striving for:

https://youtu.be/hqQXmnMr_w8

Doesn't leave us much choice on which side to support...

RoyGBiv
10-06-2018, 12:08 PM
WTF.?!

LittleLebowski
10-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Time for their PD to smile and wave.

blues
10-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Time for their PD to smile and wave.

...as they drive on by.

Sauer Koch
10-06-2018, 02:45 PM
...yes, f**k those worthless bastards, ID them, and forever deny any 911 calls they make!:mad:

HCM
10-06-2018, 02:47 PM
...yes, f**k those worthless bastards, ID them, and forever deny any 911 calls they make!:mad:

That’s not gonna happen but the adult staff members like the band director who allowed or even encouraged this need to be fired.

Sauer Koch
10-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Absolutely!

11B10
10-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Well, after choking back the bile (how can this be any worse than using high school kids?) I've got a question: Why Doctors and Nurses? Why not our dear, misunderstood brother who was just getting his life together? What am I missing?

TheRoland
10-06-2018, 04:21 PM
I've got a question: Why Doctors and Nurses?

The idea that this has anything to do with the events a week ago is deceptive in the extreme. These sort of marching band shows take months to plan, teach, practice... Still not in good taste, but that's why it doesn't seem to make any sense.

jnc36rcpd
10-06-2018, 04:42 PM
The halftime show is supposedly based on the 2002 movie "John Q" in which Denzell Washington portrays a man taking hostages in a hospital to obtain treatment for his son. I probably saw the movie, but don't recall an anti-law enforcement spin to it. I find it difficult to believe that high school students found a movie produced when they were toddlers particularly iconic and suspect this was used by teachers and students as a means top express hate and encourage violence against law enforcement while trying to avoid responsibility by blaming one of a beloved actor's less memorable films.

blues
10-06-2018, 04:55 PM
The halftime show is supposedly based on the 2002 movie "John Q" in which Denzell Washington portrays a man taking hostages in a hospital to obtain treatment for his son. I probably saw the movie, but don't recall an anti-law enforcement spin to it. I find it difficult to believe that high school students found a movie produced when they were toddlers particularly iconic and suspect this was used by teachers and students as a means top express hate and encourage violence against law enforcement while trying to avoid responsibility by blaming one of a beloved actor's less memorable films.

https://youtu.be/jiDV_lOJ1bk

I choose to believe it was done with malice aforethought.

CraigS
10-07-2018, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the link. I fired off an email of disgust asking that the adult band leader be fired.

Trooper224
10-08-2018, 12:56 AM
Their parents must be proud. Tragically, they probably are.

Zincwarrior
10-08-2018, 07:28 AM
Ok, our kid's high school band is a perrennial state and national competitor, with lots of competitions. I never saw anything like that, ever.

That's on the band teachers, who should be fired.

Zincwarrior
10-08-2018, 07:29 AM
That’s not gonna happen but the adult staff members like the band director who allowed or even encouraged this need to be fired.
Exactly. That's not teaching music or competition. That's someone's BS idea of a protest.

eb07
10-08-2018, 08:36 AM
I am just going to say again: The majority of our schools are indoctrination centers that are allowing liberal educators to radicalize children on the taxpayers dime. They are churning out millions of little David Hoggs every year right under our noses.

msstate56
10-09-2018, 02:51 PM
As this is relatively local to me- I’ve seen it unfold, and even know officers who were at the game. The only good news is that every politician even remotely involved has come down hard to condemn this. The Mayor of Jackson, who as far as I can tell had nothing to do with any of this, publicly apologized to the mayor of Brookhaven.

Peally
10-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Lot of useless cunts in this country.

Forever a minor forgettable component of a societal skidmark in American history. With luck, a selfie and a geyser will invoke Darwin soon enough to prevent any tax money from being burned on them.

Poconnor
10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
A protest? How about hate speech? That was a display to teach and encourage hatred and violence towards any and all police officers. From what a remember about the movie was a condemnation of our healthcare system. Any employee that had a part of it should be fired. Go Do “art” at a private school.