PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM comp

Speederlander
10-03-2018, 02:41 PM
For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM compensator and barrel, did you run everything else stock or did you have to play with springs, extractors, etc. for reliability?

This would be a Glock 19 gen 5 or a 19X, so that make a bit of difference in any suggestions.

Thanks.

theJanitor
10-03-2018, 02:49 PM
I ASSume you mean the comp, not a suppressor.

My brother's 19.4 Roland Special (kkm/comp, atei pro cut milled for rmr) wouldn't reliably feed 115 range (required) ammo. Also if shooting WHO, and the grip wasn't solid, it wouldn't eject reliably. Not willing to do the spring thing, so went with a V1 barrel instead. Flat shooting pistol when using ammo with enough power.

Speederlander
10-03-2018, 03:00 PM
I ASSume you mean the comp, not a suppressor.

My brother's 19.4 Roland Special (kkm/comp, atei pro cut milled for rmr) wouldn't reliably feed 115 range (required) ammo. Also if shooting WHO, and the grip wasn't solid, it wouldn't eject reliably. Not willing to do the spring thing, so went with a V1 barrel instead. Flat shooting pistol when using ammo with enough power.

Gah, brain fart. Fixed that in the post, thanks.

Could a mod fix the thread title. It's a bit misleading.

Do you figure it would have been the same without the RMR? An RMR won't enter into my picture on this.

theJanitor
10-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Gah, brain fart. Fixed that, thanks.

Do you figure it would have been the same without the RMR? An RMR won't enter into my picture on this.

Don't know, as the RMR went on first, and the gun will never be run without it

HCM
10-03-2018, 03:06 PM
For anyone who has run a Glock 19 with a KKM compensator and barrel, did you run everything else stock or did you have to play with springs, extractors, etc. for reliability?

This would be a Glock 19 gen 5 or a 19X, so that make a bit of difference in any suggestions.

Thanks.

It is designed to run on +P or nato spec duty ammo. It runs reliably with the ammo it was designed for.

If you want to run anemic 115 grain ball ammo you may need a lighter spring.

Speederlander
10-03-2018, 03:08 PM
It is designed to run on +P or nato spec duty ammo. It runs reliably with the ammo it was designed for.

If you want to run anemic 115 grain ball ammo you may need a lighter spring.

So as long as the ammo is sufficiently powerful, no other changes to the internals should be needed.

HCM
10-03-2018, 05:29 PM
So as long as the ammo is sufficiently powerful, no other changes to the internals should be needed.

correct.

JM Campbell
10-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Has been stated by the creator via podcast on primary and secondary only to use +p, nato and full power duty rounds for correct function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feudist
10-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Has anyone ever shot the compensator with the front sight attached? I don't think they're KKM.

This gains you a front sight that doesn't reciprocate with the slide.

I wonder if that's an advantage worth pursuing.

JHC
10-04-2018, 07:56 AM
I must have run 1-2K rds through a Gen 3 G19 with KKM barrel and comp. It ran beautifully with OEM springs on the Lawman 115 and 124 grain I was shooting almost exclusively at that time. The only hitch I saw was just on the eve of and in the warm up DAY 1 in my Gabe White school when I fouled my grip a couple times getting way too high and got some heavy slide bite. It fouled the cycling and closed the slide back on the empty.

Speederlander
10-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Has anyone ever shot the compensator with the front sight attached? I don't think they're KKM.

This gains you a front sight that doesn't reciprocate with the slide.

I wonder if that's an advantage worth pursuing.

Sight attached to the KKM compensator itself? Can you link up to it or are you just proposing the idea?

LittleLebowski
10-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Fixed title.

nate89
10-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Sight attached to the KKM compensator itself? Can you link up to it or are you just proposing the idea?

I don't think it's with the KKM comp. The Agency Arms compensators have a cutout to allow a Glock front sight to be attached to the comp instead of on the front of the slide.

http://www.agencyarms.com/417-compensator-4

Speederlander
10-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Fixed title.

Thanks.

CalmlyDeMented
10-05-2018, 02:15 PM
I ran 4-5k through one in the last year, gen 4 Roland. Mine cycled everything I tried: 115 WWB, 124 Nato WWB, 115 Federal and Winchester aluminum cased stuff, and probably 3-4k of that was my 147 gr reloads. I rarely cleaned it and never had any issues. Of note is the fact that it ran my 147 gr reloads, that were loaded a little longer than they should have been, when a new 19X would not.