PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Magpul bipod owners on here?

LittleLebowski
10-01-2018, 07:53 AM
Looking for firsthand reviews. I just saw it on Brownells and am tempted.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/bipods-monopods-amp-accessories/bipods/bipods-prod119659.aspx

texasaggie2005
10-01-2018, 08:08 AM
In for info.

I handled one a couple weeks ago in the Primary Arms store, seemed nice.

Grey
10-01-2018, 10:08 AM
In for info...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Crews
10-01-2018, 10:10 AM
From what I’ve read so far, it’s better than a Harris and not as good as an Atlas. Easy to load, and might as well plan on locking the pan and tilt features from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nate89
10-01-2018, 11:28 AM
I've had one for about a month. I haven't had the chance to use it a ton, but so far my impressions are positive for the price point. It is not an atlas, and isn't as solid as the atlas bipods I have tried, but it is still very good. I got the mlok version, and I think it is a good option for putting a bipod on one rifle and leaving it there. I believe they have an ARMS compatible one coming out that you can put the ADM QD mount on, and that would be my preferred option if I was wanting to move it from gun to gun.

I put it on a 16" stainless barreled upper that I wanted to make into a quasi "SPR" more to try out the longer range shooting/calling wind/estimating distance/etc. without having to buy another gun. So far it has worked very well for that purpose, and is plenty stable for the sort of shooting I am doing, and isn't too heavy or too expensive.

Dan_S
10-01-2018, 12:25 PM
I’d be interest in one, BUT...with no good option for mounting it to a sling stud...not exactly what I need.

LittleLebowski
10-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Ordered the MLOK one from Brownells. I'll let you guys know what I think.

HeavyDuty
12-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Ordered the MLOK one from Brownells. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Foot tap... well?

HeavyDuty
12-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Seriously, though - I’m trying to set up a new rifle (a DD Delta 5) and one of these in MLOK is on my short list for an inexpensive bipod. I know it’s no Atlas, but I’m not a fan of Harris and similar bipods.

ranger
12-14-2019, 10:32 AM
I bought one but I prefer the Harris. I just found the Harris more "robust". That is just my personal opinion.

OlongJohnson
12-14-2019, 09:12 PM
I picked one up from buygunstuff.com. I think it was about $84 or so. If that's all you're ordering, by the time you add freight, it will cost as much as Brownells with a 10% off/free shipping coupon that's usually available.

I chose Pic rail, because I can add a little Pic rail section to any handguard or forend. Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.

awp_101
12-21-2019, 10:10 AM
I’d be interest in one, BUT...with no good option for mounting it to a sling stud...not exactly what I need.

It appears they do now:
Magpul® Bipod – Sling Stud QD (https://www.magpul.com/products/magpul-bipod---sling-stud-qd?ProductColor=VO343)

https://youtu.be/T2T7C4uF5js