PDA

View Full Version : Subscription - repeated billing attempts.

YVK
02-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Renewed my subscription through paypal, with part of funds coming from paypal account balance and part - from credit card associated with paypal. Since then there has been two attempts to bill my card again, with recurrent notifications that another attempt is going to happen in 3-4 days. These notifications are coming from paypal. I talked to them and they stated they are not the ones who attempt to bill my card again and again. They said that it comes from the p-f website. Check it out, gents.

ToddG
02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Renewed my subscription through paypal, with part of funds coming from paypal account balance and part - from credit card associated with paypal. Since then there has been two attempts to bill my card again, with recurrent notifications that another attempt is going to happen in 3-4 days. These notifications are coming from paypal. I talked to them and they stated they are not the ones who attempt to bill my card again and again. They said that it comes from the p-f website. Check it out, gents.

I do not believe that is true, as all the payment stuff goes through PP but I'll look into it.

JDM
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Mine failed on the 25th and went through today. FWIW.

YVK
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
I do not believe that is true, as all the payment stuff goes through PP but I'll look into it.

Yeah, that's weird since it was paypal that was notifying me of their intended attempts to bill me again, but they denied any wrongdoing on their part when I called 2 hours ago. My initial payment went through on first attempt, and they have a record of it.

John Ralston
02-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Now we just need a Site Supporter option for those of us WITHOUT paypal...hint, hint :D

GJM
02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
The plural of anecdote is not data, but the last time I used Paypal, my credit card number was compromised and I had to cancel that credit card. It was related to PayPal activity. I have refused to use PayPal ever since, as it is a royal pain having to change the credit card number with various auto pay accounts.