PDA

View Full Version : Glock Connector Design Question

einherjarvalk
09-14-2018, 02:55 AM
Mostly a "TIL" sort of thing I'm looking to figure out, but I've come up incredibly short on answers and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

What exactly is the purpose of the little connector "hook" highlighted here in red?

I can't seem to find any sort of documentation, cutaway footage of it in motion, or even just figure it out by looking at my Glocks. It doesn't appear to be a load bearing surface either. I'm assuming it interfaces with the trigger bar reset process, but I'm unsure exactly how.

Leroy
09-14-2018, 03:29 AM
Mostly a "TIL" sort of thing I'm looking to figure out, but I've come up incredibly short on answers and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

What exactly is the purpose of the little connector "hook" highlighted here in red?

I can't seem to find any sort of documentation, cutaway footage of it in motion, or even just figure it out by looking at my Glocks. It doesn't appear to be a load bearing surface either. I'm assuming it interfaces with the trigger bar reset process, but I'm unsure exactly how.

That tab is what the slide contacts during cycling, the connector bends and the trigger bar moves up to reset.

mark7
09-14-2018, 05:35 PM
A visual