PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75 lube and tips

ArgentFix
09-13-2018, 10:10 PM
A CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical was meowing and crying at my door a few nights ago, so of course I let it in and now I have to keep it. Out of the box it was nearly dripping with lube/preservative including the magazines. It's my first CZ and the manual isn't particularly helpful re: lube. I know many here run CZs hard and I trust yall more than the random internet.

How much do you lube your CZ 75? Any unusual points I should lube regularly? Other tips?

I like TDA and decockers for nightstand duty so this will be a contender and kept stock for now. She's absolutely gorgeous, all black with three glowing green eyes.

Thanks!

guymontag
09-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Give the mags a good wipe down, inside and out - no lube.

For the guns I oil - the inside firing mechanisms like the sear and hammer contact and light grease on the rails, upper lugs in the slide where the barrel locks, where the barrel sits in the frame (two parallel shelves) and the kidney bean cutout where the slide stop inserts. Oil the trigger spring too if you’d like.

Only thing I’ve broken is trigger springs, and those were old ones.

Edit: Congrats on your purchase, it’s a fine firearm - one of the best in the world. Learn it live it love it.

willie
09-13-2018, 10:29 PM
I like these. You can send the slide and barrel to Cajun Gun Works and have the shop install a custom target bushing for even increased accuracy. But they are already tack drivers. Soon your pistol will smooth up nicely with shooting and dry firing. You should use snapcaps for dry firing. An o ring between hammer and firing pin works in place of a snapcap.

revchuck38
09-14-2018, 06:03 AM
I do the same as guymontag, except I don't lube the firing mechanism. I use Slide Glide Lite for the grease.

cheby
09-14-2018, 11:58 AM
I like these. You can send the slide and barrel to Cajun Gun Works and have the shop install a custom target bushing for even increased accuracy. But they are already tack drivers. Soon your pistol will smooth up nicely with shooting and dry firing. You should use snapcaps for dry firing. An o ring between hammer and firing pin works in place of a snapcap.

You do not need to ship it to CGW to install the bushing. First, it is very easy to do yourself. Second, I installed the CGW bushing on two Shadows. I have not noticed any difference in accuracy. Some people I know had the same experience. The bushing might be helpful on some guns but in general I think it is not needed. Save $60

willie
09-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Is the bushing a drop in part or does it require fitting?

cheby
09-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Is the bushing a drop in part or does it require fitting?

No fitting required. You will need to remove the front sight and push the stock bushing from inside with a 10mm socket (If I remember the size correctly, maybe 11mm - you have to try). Light tapping with a hammer is enough. Then push the CGW bushing in from outside. Should not take more than 15 min.

Velo Dog
09-14-2018, 01:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPYSnIAP8o&list=PLDjWgqNr1rodTn3h9SCTt8ZQuWGmbqUUW&t=0s&index=49

1986s4
09-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Long time CZ shooter here. I have a pre-B 75 converted to SAO by Angus Hobdell himself back before CZ Custom really took off. I lube mine like a 1911, grease on the rail, barrel hood and barrel cut out where the slide stop pin goes through. Oil everywhere else. I have a spare slide stop but have never needed it. I don't find the mainspring weight to make much of a difference in trigger pull weight since mine is SAO. Mine likes full strength recoil springs for best reliability. Angus has said that the CZ likes middleweight bullets for best accuracy so I use 124, 125 to 135 bullets. For low recoil match loads I use VV N320 but there should be an accuracy improvement using N340 or 350.

Have fun.