PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Dispatcher Brutally Beaten While on Duty

HCM
09-13-2018, 10:24 AM
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/mississippi-dispatcher-brutally-beaten/

Mississippi Dispatcher Brutally Beaten While on Duty

CLARKSDALE, Miss. – A Mississippi dispatcher was brutally beaten last week when a man showed up at the police department and attacked her, police said.

Clarksdale police dispatcher Barbara King was on duty around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday when Stacy Clark showed up at the station and asked for property that was left in the building, FOX13 Memphis reported.

Clarksdale Police Chief Sandra Williams told WREG that Clark accused the dispatcher of lying to him.

King attempted to reach another officer who was on patrol. Clark then began beating King, hitting her several times in the face.

Clark continued pummeling King until officers arrived at the department and pulled him off her.

King suffered several face fractures, a broken arm, and has brain bleeding. She was placed on medical leave and was expected to undergo her first surgery on Tuesday.

This begs the questions:

How secure is your Agency’s physical location ?

How common are work related assaults on support staff ?

JHC
09-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Shall be hung by the neck until he is dead.

feudist
09-13-2018, 10:44 AM
I open our door with the tip of a knife.

I pointed this out to the Captain and he got aggravated at me.

And yet, they want me to be unarmed while on light duty working the desk. How about fuck you?

SD
09-13-2018, 11:23 AM
On Sept. 05, @ approximately 2040hrs I entered the Metro Nashville Madison Precinct via the main entrance. Apparently they are only open for walk in traffic during normal business hours. No one was around I walked the entire ground floor looking for anybody. I think we have a current thread running on Lock your Doors. Because this was my first visit I figured maybe I entered at the wrong location, the surrounding property is all enclosed with a very nice security fence and control gates, unless you are a team player forget about it. Except for the fact as i turned into the parking lot of the next property did I observe the Sally Port Gates wide fucking open & again no-one around. I will just leave it at this, in todays world WTF is Nashville PD Command Staff doing because they really need to pull their heads out of their backsides!

Leroy Suggs
09-13-2018, 11:28 AM

I volunteer to be the hangman for that piece of shit.

JHC
09-13-2018, 11:32 AM
I volunteer to be the hangman for that piece of shit.

Beating an old woman like that. :mad:

LockedBreech
09-13-2018, 12:19 PM
If I was that lady's son, I'd be fine with no formal charges, just 10 unsupervised minutes in the penalty box with me and my brother.

Peally
09-13-2018, 12:26 PM

In a moral society there is absolutely no other answer than this.

It is very unfortunate that we hardly have solid values as a whole. Very.

Gadfly
09-13-2018, 12:27 PM
I wonder if the responding officers "had a discussion" with the assailant on the way back to the cell block?

blues
09-13-2018, 12:28 PM
I don't even have the words...

willie
09-13-2018, 12:30 PM
I've seen many careless security practices in jails. Pointing them out enraged the command structure. Some were so flagrant that I hesitate to specify them here. Common sense dictates certain actions, but that commodity is scarce. People seem to be changing. It follows that criminals are becoming more stupid, and at the same time are more stupidly bold and stupidly short sighted. When I first worked in the Texas prison system in 1981, over and over again I would hear old cons complain about the new breed of inmate. Their biggest complaint was that the younger men entering the system had no respect. Most of the old cons are now dead. All that I knew--white, black, or brown--would have been outraged by what happened to the dispatcher. Actually, I've known few inmates who would not have been outraged about this. But I'm out of date.

BobM
09-13-2018, 12:54 PM
We had a young lady dispatching for a while that also did some MMA competition, too bad he guy didn't run into one like that.

HCountyGuy
09-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Scumbag needs an expedited burial.

As for site security, no agency building I’ve walked in to had open access to the folks working the desk area. Doors required key/badge entry, and the service window just had a little recess to slide paperwork back and forth. No excuse for such ease of access in this day and age, what with the animosity towards law enforcement personnel.

Poconnor
09-16-2018, 05:06 AM
Our station had magnetic locks. Admin was not happy when I asked what happened during a power failure.

UNM1136
09-16-2018, 06:24 AM
I like to point out to my dispatchers that they are sitti g behind a 10 year old, four inch thick ballistic window, that is set in the middle of a wall made of two layers of paint, twwo pieces of sheetrock, and 2x6 studs on 16 inch centers....

pat

CraigS
09-16-2018, 07:09 AM
The followup on this will probably be that the perp was beaten as a child so we should feel sorry for him. I am all for the hanging suggested above.

hufnagel
09-16-2018, 08:01 AM
You all are too kind...
hung by the wrists and electrical shocks applied to the genitals until they explode. and that's just me getting the band to start warm ups.

Jim Watson
09-16-2018, 10:15 AM
So, assault with GBH on a police dispatcher should be a capital crime.
How about for Jane Doe?
I'm not disagreeing, I just want to know the coverage.

blues
09-16-2018, 10:59 AM
How about for Jane Doe?
I'm not disagreeing, I just want to know the coverage.

Speaking for myself, any innocent woman that took a beating like that for any reason would justify stringing up the SOB responsible.

45dotACP
09-16-2018, 03:35 PM
How about for Jane Doe?
I'm not disagreeing, I just want to know the coverage.Well...if it was a similar aged Jane Doe who doesn't work in a police station she'd be dead so.......

The dude had to be pulled off of the old lady by a bunch of officers. If it had been literally anywhere else you'd be looking at a corpse and most likely a capital charge.

Not that intent ever meant anything in criminal charges.

Lock his worthless ass up in jail and make it known he beats the shit out of elderly women.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CraigS
09-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Lock his worthless ass up in jail and make it known he beats the shit out of elderly women.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Another great idea I really like. Could save the government a lot of $ if all it has to pay for is a quick funeral.